Author Topic: Will they ban aluminum baseball bats now?  (Read 738 times)

Lennyjoe

• friend
Will they ban aluminum baseball bats now?
« on: May 19, 2008, 09:35:21 AM »
Family Files Lawsuit in Metal Baseball Bat Injury Case

WAYNE, N.J. —  The family of a boy who suffered brain damage after he was struck by a line drive off an aluminum baseball bat sued the bat's maker and others on Monday, saying they should have known it was dangerous.

The family of Steven Domalewski, who was 12 when he was struck by the ball in 2006, filed the lawsuit in state Superior Court. It names Hillerich & Bradsby Co., maker of the 31-inch, 19-ounce Louisville Slugger TPX Platinum bat used when Steven was hit.

The lawsuit also names Little League Baseball and Sports Authority, which sold the bat. It claims the defendants knew, or should have known, that the bat was dangerous for children to use, according to the family's attorney, Ernest Fronzuto.

"People who have children in youth sports are excited about the lawsuit from a public policy standpoint because they hope it can make the sport safer," Fronzuto said after filing the suit Monday morning. "There are also those who are skeptical of the lawsuit and don't see the connection between Steven's injury and the aluminum bat."

Little League denies any wrongdoing, as does the bat manufacturer. Sports Authority has not responded to several telephone messages seeking comment.
---------------------------------------------------------

I don't know folks.  If your worried about getting injured, stay on the sideline. Sports, like life itself, has a level of danger no matter what you do.  I feel compassion for the young man that got injured but to sue is a bit over the top.  Why not sue the glove company too for not stopping the ball.  Why not sue the coach for not teaching the kid well enough to stop the ball with the glove on his hand.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Will they ban aluminum baseball bats now?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2008, 09:44:07 AM »
Already under discussion.

Someone beat you to it by a couple of hours, Lenny.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.