Author Topic: The difference between studios: Star Trek ship done by a BSG artist  (Read 1441 times)

Manedwolf

• friend
Just goes to show. One of the people who does CG for Battlestar Galactica went and did a Trek-like ship just because they could.

Pretty nice.

http://www.gabekoerner.com/ent/enterprise_orbit_1080.jpg

S. Williamson

• formerly Dionysusigma
  • friends
  • It's not the years, it's the mileage.
Sure it's not because of the new Star Trek movie?
"The chances of finding out what's really going on are so remote, the only thing to do is hang the sense of it and keep yourself occupied. I'd far rather be happy than right any day."
"And are you?"
"No, that's where it all falls apart I'm afraid. Pity, it sounds like quite a nice lifestyle otherwise."
-Douglas Adams

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
I got a kick out of in the mini-series while Laura is at the doctor the Serenity from FireFly zips by the window.

Manedwolf

• friend
Sure it's not because of the new Star Trek movie?

No, that's not from the movie. It's by one of the artists who did work for BSG and Firefly. Just felt like doing it, apparently.

They showed a better grasp of light than Paramount's had for years, that'd for sure.

Antibubba

• friend
A bit of "iron fist in a velvet glove" going--the barest hint of menace.  Very nice.
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

taurusowner

I really hope the new movie leaves the psychedelic hippy look in the past and has a more modern. realistic,and mechanical feel.

Rocketman56

Hmm, wonder if I should use that for my desktop background.. I like that picture..

Steve
An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.
Robert A. Heinlein

Ad astra per aspera
"through the thorns to the stars"

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
It's beautiful.
Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).

Manedwolf

• friend
I really hope the new movie leaves the psychedelic hippy look in the past and has a more modern. realistic,and mechanical feel.

Didn't you see the teaser trailer, with the ship being built by realistic work crews with lots of grease and welding sparks, lines, hoses, toolboxes, portable lights and all over unfinished hull plates? I was pretty impressed by that.