Author Topic: Gun collector's "license"  (Read 1229 times)

The Annoyed Man

Gun collector's "license"
« on: May 28, 2008, 05:33:58 AM »
Anybody been to this site: http://www.guncollectorlicense.com/home.html

While I agree that there are a ridiculous number of silly gun laws on the books designed to interfere with a citizen taking the 2nd Amendment seriously, what, if any value, does becoming a "gunsmith" have. Are there effective mechanisms for avoiding or minimizing these fool's laws?

Securing an FFL means surrendering 4th amendment rights - at least that is my understanding. Educate me...I want the ability to collect firearms with minimal hassle and interference by nanny government.

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
Re: Gun collector's "license"
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008, 05:57:52 AM »
O.K., it magical thinking and inane.

It's a play on the old "dollar license" pre-1968. 
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

The Annoyed Man

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2008, 06:10:49 AM »
O.K., it magical thinking and inane.

It's a play on the old "dollar license" pre-1968. 

I kinda gathered that from reading the site. I guess what I am looking for are methods that fall within rule of law without surrendering my rights.

Can I buy a suppressor? Can I buy a Barrett .50? Can I buy a machine gun? All these things used to be just fine and there were no general fears among the populace about massacres being committed.  police

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2008, 06:13:23 AM »
The only legal way to own items covered by NFA/GCA aside from doing all the ridiculous paperwork is to form a corporation. IANAL and I'm not %100 on the exact mechanism, but I know the rules are different for corps. than for private citizens.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

The Annoyed Man

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2008, 06:21:43 AM »
The only legal way to own items covered by NFA/GCA aside from doing all the ridiculous paperwork is to form a corporation. IANAL and I'm not %100 on the exact mechanism, but I know the rules are different for corps. than for private citizens.

This seems like a mechanism worth investigating. Thank you.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2008, 06:23:48 AM »
That being said, forming a company for the sole purpose of owning machine guns etc always seemed like an invitation to a serious rectal probing by both the IRS and ATF. Much as I'd love a suppressed full auto 10/22 the risk just doesn't seem worth it.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

The Annoyed Man

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2008, 06:27:17 AM »
That being said, forming a company for the sole purpose of owning machine guns etc always seemed like an invitation to a serious rectal probing by both the IRS and ATF. Much as I'd love a suppressed full auto 10/22 the risk just doesn't seem worth it.

I would never form a company for the sole purpose of anything other than to make money. Everything else is just icing on the cake.