Author Topic: When should your kid die in order to save the planet  (Read 4326 times)

mtnbkr

• friend
When should your kid die in order to save the planet
« on: May 28, 2008, 06:11:26 PM »
http://www.abc.net.au/science/planetslayer/greenhouse_calc.htm

Wonderful "green" calculator tells kids when to die in order to save the planet.  When I filled it out truthfully, it said I should die at 2.7yrs of age.  I'm living on borrowed time!

Chris

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Re: When should your kid die in order to save the planet
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008, 06:50:01 PM »
Well, you'd better get with it, do your part to save the planet.  Can I have your guns before you off yourself?
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

lacoochee

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2008, 07:59:31 PM »
I should die at 2.  There should have been two more questions though.  How many guns do you own?  And how many Greens will you take with (and their carbon footprint :-) ) when they come to take you away?   My die age would have been 120 years if the quiz had been fair!:lol:
Deo Vindice

* "[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
---James Madison,The Federalist Papers, No. 46.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2008, 07:59:57 PM »

I'm no great fan of the infestation that is the "human" race, but that little exercise is one of the most disturbing things I have ever seen from the Greenazi crowd.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2008, 08:08:30 PM »

Did you notice that it is from Australia.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

PTK

• friends
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2008, 08:22:39 PM »
I'm waiting for the day they start saying to nuke the world "to save the Earth".  rolleyes
"Only lucky people grow old." - Frederick L.
September 1915 - August 2008

"If you really do have cancer "this time", then this is your own fault. Like the little boy who cried wolf."

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2008, 08:26:22 PM »
seems like more earth firster drivel    i want all of them to go first  show us the way
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2008, 09:15:05 PM »
Around Oregon a while back there were a few people that had bumper stickers that said "EARTH FIRST! ... We'll log the other planets later".
Formerly sumpnz

Dope

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2008, 09:15:57 PM »
2.7 years.

I was doing "okay" until it asks me how much money I spent. Ummm, pretty much all of it? Then I became a giant pig. So spending money == not-green? Money is pretty green if you ask me, and I'm even colorblind!

Dope

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2008, 09:20:38 PM »
I'm really surprised that they didn't ask a question about how much money you earned first.

Earning money is also very, very bad, because it means that you're generating carbon on the front end.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2008, 09:26:05 PM »
earth firsters are like peta  who in va kill 95 percent of the animals they "rescue"  ethically of course  well except for the 2 folks that were caught killing em in the van and dumping em in dumpsters
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2008, 11:17:04 PM »
Are you sure it's not parody?
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2008, 11:19:58 PM »
And it appears I should have died at 21.5.

I need to start driving.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2008, 11:26:55 PM »
Are you sure it's not parody?
That was my question as well, otherwise that's one of the most insulting kids' sites I've seen.
I should've died at the age of 2.8. Too bad, but it wasn't for lack of others trying.  cheesy
Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2008, 11:32:52 PM »
I can live forever, it seems.

"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2008, 11:59:49 PM »
Lord help us all.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2008, 03:22:06 AM »
2.7 years.

I was doing "okay" until it asks me how much money I spent. Ummm, pretty much all of it? Then I became a giant pig. So spending money == not-green? Money is pretty green if you ask me, and I'm even colorblind!

I was average until I got to the money question.  My answer was 100& of my money was spent at the end of the year.  Went down to -67% and am told I can live forever.

I am retired and waiting for the time when I can access my fixed-income Social Security benefits at the high payout rates.  Till then I'n living off the fat of interest from the booty I looted from the taxpayers during my employment years as a gooberment drone.

There is no way I can afford to live forever!  Not even if I continue to stockpile SPAM and New England Clam Chowder.

I think I have been emotionally damaged.  I'm going to sue the bastards!  That way I'll have enough money to live forever.

stay safe.

skidmark
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2008, 03:57:47 AM »
1.6 years.  WOOOHOOO!!!

COME AND GET ME YOU GREEN BASTAGES !!!!!

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2008, 04:09:30 AM »

probably becasue I don't fly very much.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Sawdust

• friend
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2008, 05:23:47 AM »
I'm waiting for the day they start saying to nuke the world "to save the Earth".  rolleyes

"We had to destroy the village in order to save it".

Sawdust
Retain what's coming in; send off what is retreating.

Well, you going to pull those pistols boy,
or just whistle Dixie?

I'm your huckleberry.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Greenies drive me nuts!
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2008, 05:32:48 AM »
So they want us to reduce our carbon footprint.

Why don't they pitch ideas like...

Switch to 4 day work weeks
Businesses closed on Sundays

Oh wait its all about control isn't it?
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2008, 05:35:16 AM »
The greens have become nihilists who actually want humanity to not exist.

They absolutely LOVED that "earth without humans" CG show that was on Discovery or some channel.

xavier fremboe

• friends
  • All-American Meanie
    • The Shop
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2008, 06:05:37 AM »
That lean little organically fed green pig on the right looks soooooo tasty!  Invite about 15 people to drive out to the property 60 miles away.  Run a couple of pecan and peach limbs through the old tow-behind chipper shredder to generate some smoke in the old fire pit and slow roast that little shoat for about 10 hours on a spit turned by a motor powered by an electric generator.  Pop a couple of cold beers imported from halfway across the world and relax. 

It'd make for the most magical Earth Day picnic ever...
If the bandersnatch seems even mildly frumious, best to shun it.  Really. http://www.cctplastics.com

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2008, 06:37:06 AM »
Around Oregon a while back there were a few people that had bumper stickers that said "EARTH FIRST! ... We'll log the other planets later".

The last outfit that I worked for down in Colorado had that bumper sticker on their main woods pickup (~1972 Ford 3/4T 4x4)
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

coppertales

• friend
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2008, 06:41:56 AM »
Screw the planet......just follow the money, that will tell the whole story.......chris3