Author Topic: Music  (Read 1796 times)

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Music
« on: August 24, 2005, 06:45:05 AM »
I just bought an MP3 player....I'm looking for recommendations on downloading locales (legal, of course).  Does anyone know if you have to commit to a contract to get the unlimted downloads deal with Napster?
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

DigMe

Music
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2005, 07:15:08 AM »
JamisJockey,

emusic.com has an interesting deal for downloads.  They don't have a lot of the popular stuff though so it's best for people who dig underground music but you might as well do the three one month trial.  You get 30 free downloads.  I've done it twice.

brad cook

DigMe

Music
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2005, 07:16:20 AM »
BTW, there's no contract with Napster.  The thing is you can only use those unlimited downloads while you're a napster member and you have to have an mp3 player that is compatible with the program.  Otherwise I think they also have a deal where you can download normal mp3's for a fixed price per song.

brad cook

thorn

• friend
Music
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2005, 09:50:46 PM »
you should really consider jsut plain RIPPing some of your already owned CDs- At a  HIGH bit rate, like 320 kps

of course, it will ruin you for the 128k garbage you get online, but it will be worth it.

Jamisjockey

• friend
Music
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2005, 05:38:08 AM »
You're assuming I own CD's.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
Music
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2005, 09:01:31 AM »
JamisJ (sounds like a DJ),

Wal-Mart on-line sells MP3 songs.  They are 99 cents each.

Apple's I-tunes are about the same price.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Jamisjockey

• friend
Music
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2005, 10:13:36 AM »
Hey how goes the Airwar?  You guys seem to be flying into SLC a bit more often...along with everyone else
cheesy
Walmarts are actually $.88 each.  Great for a few songs at a time, and no bulky download software.
How long before WalMart launches its own airline?
Tongue
JD

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
Music
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2005, 04:16:31 PM »
88 cents, huh?  Even better.  You can see how much I download from WallyWorld.

As for the airwar... I think we're winning, but I'm biased.  We are profitable which says a lot today.

I didn't realize that we had increased flying into SLC.  You sure you're not seeing things out there?

As for Wal-Air... I hope not.  But hey, it's a (mostly) free country, so let 'em have a go at it.  Probably couldn't do any worse than what is currently available.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Jamisjockey

• friend
Music
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2005, 05:58:05 AM »
It seems that way, but I might be seeing things.  We've had a 15%+ increase in traffic this year.  DAL brought CAA up here (what a bunch of morons).  AAL, UAL, and SWA for sure have added more flights.
JD