Author Topic: Funny article in local paper  (Read 2151 times)

PTK

• friends
Funny article in local paper
« on: June 01, 2008, 12:01:57 PM »
 grin

You'll love this.

Police Training

Members of the Golden Police Department underwent a training on May 14 for the upcoming democratic National Convention in Denver. Officers were exposed to the effects of gas both with and without their chemical protective masks. "This exposure is critical for the officers to experience when faced with deploying gas, particularly pertaining to potential riot situations that we are preparing for when the DNC is in town [emphasis added]," said Golden Public Information officer Drew Williams.

I thought that was amusing, don't much know why. "Oh, geeze, the DNC is coming? Train everyone on riot gas, would'ya?"
"Only lucky people grow old." - Frederick L.
September 1915 - August 2008

"If you really do have cancer "this time", then this is your own fault. Like the little boy who cried wolf."

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
Re: Funny article in local paper
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2008, 01:32:46 PM »
grin

You'll love this.

Police Training

Members of the Golden Police Department underwent a training on May 14 for the upcoming democratic National Convention in Denver. Officers were exposed to the effects of gas both with and without their chemical protective masks. "This exposure is critical for the officers to experience when faced with deploying gas, particularly pertaining to potential riot situations that we are preparing for when the DNC is in town [emphasis added]," said Golden Public Information officer Drew Williams.

I thought that was amusing, don't much know why. "Oh, geeze, the DNC is coming? Train everyone on riot gas, would'ya?"

I don't get it.  First, it's a good idea for any police agency that may have to deal with riots in any capacity to train with CS gas.  Second, if you are going to host a convention or event that has even the minor possibility of sparking a riot, you'd have to be insane NOT to brush up on your training.  Additionally, perform maintenance, check out all systems you may require, work out planning/coordination arrangements with fire/EMS/HazMat, pre-position equipment, make arrangements for additional personnel if required.

This is basic precautionary measures any police agency or emergency management organizations should follow.  So what's the big deal?  That someone is doing what they should be doing?
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2008, 01:42:00 PM »
Uh-oh, I think this one is a Democrat!  Get the gas!
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2008, 02:21:22 PM »
Uh-oh, I think this one is a Democrat!  Get the gas!

This one indeed is.  And if you are indeed threatening to eat a bunch of sauerkraut, beer and pickled eggs, I will call the nearest WMD CST on you.   grin

"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

taurusowner

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2008, 02:30:07 PM »
RevDisk is right.  As much as the right-winger in me would love to rip on the Dims a little bit more, this training isn't any different than the brush up training all PDs get when there is going to be a big rival football game, concert, or any sort of rally in town.

PTK

• friends
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2008, 04:16:38 PM »
I thought it was funny that there's a political rally coming, and the police are brushing up on the "how-to" of riot gas.  grin
"Only lucky people grow old." - Frederick L.
September 1915 - August 2008

"If you really do have cancer "this time", then this is your own fault. Like the little boy who cried wolf."

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2008, 04:31:07 PM »
The malcontents are ready and waiting.  These folks sure would like to see some action...

http://www.recreate68.org/

This website was created for all the grassroots people who are tired of being sold out by the Democratic Party.

R-68 agrees with the proposition, POTESTAS IN POPULO, "all power comes from the people." What stands between the people and power are the party machines. The parties were devised as a means to represent the people. Today they represent nobody, not even party members, but only party bureaucracy. The people have been left without appropriate institutions for their representation. We intend to create those institutions!

Join us in the streets of Denver as we resist a two-party system that allows imperialism and racism to continue unrestrained

I wonder if they've thought through the history, up to the inauguration in January 1969???   cheesy

Tear gas would be too good for the DNC, in my opinion.
7-11 was a part time job.

Antibubba

• friend
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2008, 08:04:11 PM »
As I understand it, when Democrats have conventions, illicit drug use and violent protests are the expected trouble.  When Republicans have conventions, things run towards hard liquor and prostitutes.
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

RaspberrySurprise

• friend
  • Yub yub Commander
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2008, 08:29:51 PM »
Ale and whores for everybody?
Look, tiny text!

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2008, 08:34:45 PM »
Ale and whores for everybody?

Where do I sign up?
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2008, 12:31:33 AM »
As I understand it, when Democrats have conventions, illicit drug use and violent protests are the expected trouble.  When Republicans have conventions, things run towards hard liquor and prostitutes.

Heh, from the stories I heard, plenty of drug use at the RNC.  Mainly prescription drugs, sans prescription.   Plenty of coke, though.   

Either convention, you're going to have the usual serial protesters.  Pot smoking hippies, 'anarchists' of every denomination, single causers, et al.

Stetson

• friends
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2008, 06:57:59 AM »
Im suprised this is in Golden...its not like this is a riot prone area.  Who really wants to destroy Coors, Apple Jack Liquors or the Applewood golf course?

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2008, 08:11:13 AM »
Hopefully the Law in that town will drop the hammer of justice on these twerps hard and fast.

Were I the police chief there, and a bunch of malcontents made it clear they were comming to MY town to incite riots and general mayhem, there would be stockpiles of beanbag & rubber rnds, CS, Zip tie hand cuffs and spare cells a waiting. 

I don't know why we tolerate such crap.  Either assemble peacefully and make your point, or be nice and shut up.

taurusowner

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2008, 08:26:43 AM »
I wonder if the Denver PD asked this story be run as to make well known their intention of not putting up with hippie protester nonsense.  Maybe the story is part of an attempt to dissuade the riots from even starting?

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2008, 09:28:50 AM »
Guys, don't any of y'all remember the Chicago convention in 1968?

I'm guessing that there are going to be riots, since the extremist folks won't play nice-nice with the moderates... And if Hillary manages to wrest the nomination from Obama, there are gonna be riots across the country.

Remember - the "activists" will truck in "protestors," whose main goal seems to be breaking things... If they'll get crowds to show up for banking conferences, multiply it a few times for this little shindig.

Obama has heavily recruited the "youth" vote, and really gone after the extremist folks. Plus, there's the race factor - many of his supporters are voting for him purely because of his race, and not looking further.

If Obama gets the nomination, there will likely be "celebrations." Google "basketball riot" for the exact definition. Then, after McCain beats him, there are gonna be some SERIOUS riots...

This is gonna be an ugly election. Stock up on ammo and canned goods, and schedule vacation if you work in a major city.

Blog under construction