Author Topic: Friday the 13th  (Read 3335 times)

wmenorr67

• friend
Friday the 13th
« on: June 12, 2008, 11:50:33 PM »
Just telling people to beware.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
Re: Friday the 13th
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008, 12:08:48 AM »
There I was doing my best to ignore any silly superstitions about just another odd-numbered Friday, and here you come being all ominous about it. Now I'm all anxious and stuff.  angry

cheesy
Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).

Ex-MA Hole

• friend
    • The Brown Bomber
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2008, 12:47:19 AM »
As well you should....

BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA
One day at a time.

LadySmith

• friends
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2008, 12:51:24 AM »
I'd throw a shoe, but today I'm afraid it might boomerang.  cheesy
Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2008, 12:56:03 AM »
As long as it isn't one of those boots from the other thread.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

LadySmith

• friends
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2008, 01:44:38 AM »
Those $14,000 boots? No, you don't throw those kinds of shoes. You don't let really expensive shoes leave your feet. You just clobber them with something else handy, like a Ming vase. Who cares about those? cheesy There's an etiquette about such things, gentlemen.  grin

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2008, 01:47:19 AM »
There I was doing my best to ignore any silly superstitions about just another odd-numbered Friday, and here you come being all ominous about it. Now I'm all anxious and stuff.  angry

cheesy

When the black cat gets nervous about Friday the 13th, I start to get nervous....  undecided
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2008, 06:52:52 AM »
My black cat just walked under the ladder.

That's okay - I've got my salt weapon on my shoulder  laugh
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2008, 06:55:52 AM »
Those $14,000 boots
shocked
I almost choked on a tamale when I seen that.   grin

coppertales

• friend
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2008, 10:50:13 AM »
Two cases of ammo showed up at the house today.  The old lady was home and answered the door when Fed X rang the bell.  The beating will commence when I arrive home from work.........chris3

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2008, 10:57:23 AM »
Two cases of ammo showed up at the house today.  The old lady was home and answered the door when Fed X rang the bell.  The beating will commence when I arrive home from work.........chris3

Just hope she doesn't load it in anything. cheesy

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2008, 10:58:31 AM »
Is there anyone who honestly believes in superstitious crap?  Other then religion, that is.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2008, 11:00:07 AM »
Is there anyone who honestly believes in superstitious crap?  Other then religion, that is.

You mean like sticking chewing gum (prefarably Beeman's) on the rudder for good luck before flying?

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2008, 11:03:58 AM »

You mean like sticking chewing gum (prefarably Beeman's) on the rudder for good luck before flying?

Yea, that's a pretty good example.  Is that something which is common among pilots?

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2008, 11:48:45 AM »
I'm not superstitious - just slightlystitious.
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2008, 01:02:28 PM »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Dntsycnt

• friend
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2008, 04:46:04 PM »
Are pagans superstitious?  I thought they were just like..."one with the earth" type stuff.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2008, 11:08:20 AM »
I don't know if pagans tend to be superstitious or not, but that one certainly is:

MacPebbles said he painted the symbols on the outside of the fence to protect the family's home and to ward off evil energy.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2008, 02:08:50 PM »

Is that what I've been doing wrong?  Damn.

I'm gonna need a big step ladder.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2008, 02:49:51 PM »

Is that what I've been doing wrong?  Damn.

I'm gonna need a big step ladder.

Just stick it on the rudder pedal (co-pilot side of course  laugh )