Author Topic: tracking number  (Read 4359 times)

crt360

• friend
tracking number
« on: June 19, 2008, 01:31:18 AM »
What kind of tracking number has a D followed by 18 numerals?  I've never seen one before.  I checked UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS Priority.  It doesn't fit any of them.
For entertainment purposes only.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Re: tracking number
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2008, 01:37:22 AM »
What kind of tracking number has a D followed by 18 numerals?  I've never seen one before.  I checked UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS Priority.  It doesn't fit any of them.

Please be sure that you have cleared all trees and wires from the street intersection closest to your house.  A black helicopter will soon be arriving.  You may also want to open the front door so as not to encounter damage to the hinges.

Hoping to hear from you again.  But if we don;t hear from you, can I have the rifles?  If so, please send a map of where you buried them.

stay safe.

skidmark
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Ex-MA Hole

• friend
    • The Brown Bomber
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2008, 03:01:14 AM »
Put the whole number into Yahoo! search bar and see if it brings up anything....
One day at a time.

crt360

• friend
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2008, 03:36:15 AM »
Put the whole number into Yahoo! search bar and see if it brings up anything....

I tried.  It found nothing.  sad

Please be sure that you have cleared all trees and wires from the street intersection closest to your house.  A black helicopter will soon be arriving.  You may also want to open the front door so as not to encounter damage to the hinges.

Hoping to hear from you again.  But if we don;t hear from you, can I have the rifles?  If so, please send a map of where you buried them.

stay safe.

skidmark

Yeah, that would be my luck.  Actually, helicopter people coming to get me at night is a recurring theme in my life-like bad dreams.  The map to the guns is in the

Ex-MA Hole

• friend
    • The Brown Bomber
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2008, 03:37:07 AM »
lol
One day at a time.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2008, 04:44:10 AM »
Well what is the number in reference to?
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2008, 09:38:19 AM »
Are you sure it's a "D'" and not a "Z" Huh?
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

crt360

• friend
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2008, 11:03:25 AM »
It's clearly a D.  It should be here soon.  I'll post the info on the delivery service when it arrives (unless they come in a helicopter - in which case you might not hear from me for awhile).

Vodka7

• friend
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2008, 04:05:45 PM »
UPS reference numbers begin with D, but they're usually much shorter than that and have slashes and at least one more letter.

Keep us posted, I couldn't find anything useful on google.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2008, 08:46:21 PM »
It's clearly a D.  It should be here soon.  I'll post the info on the delivery service when it arrives (unless they come in a helicopter - in which case you might not hear from me for awhile).

Dude, what did you buy?

Could be a frieght company.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2008, 05:05:31 AM »
This "tracking number" of which you speak.... it isn't by chance tatooed on a non-detachable body part?
7-11 was a part time job.

crt360

• friend
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2008, 06:00:34 AM »
This "tracking number" of which you speak.... it isn't by chance tatooed on a non-detachable body part?

I hope not.  laugh

wmenorr67 - It's just a guitar part - something that would normally ship by UPS or FedEx with a regular tracking number.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2008, 07:17:27 AM »
Could be Postal Service number.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2008, 11:32:43 AM »
"D" is usually UPS.....if number length indicates distance, you may have received intergalactic freight.....

BTW, if it's an explosive space modulator, it was supposed to be delivered to my house....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

crt360

• friend
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2008, 11:57:14 AM »

BTW, if it's an explosive space modulator, it was supposed to be delivered to my house....

That would be sweet.  I've only been wanting one since I was a kid.  angel

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2008, 03:08:44 PM »

Get your own.....I paid out the wa-zooo in shipping for this one.....and don't get me started about the "haz-mat" fees.....  shocked
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

crt360

• friend
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2008, 03:40:26 AM »

Get your own.....I paid out the wa-zooo in shipping for this one.....and don't get me started about the "haz-mat" fees.....  shocked

Just be careful where you point that thing.

I got the package.  It was shipped USPS Parcel Post.

The google search description says this site: http://www.usps.com/shipping/trackandconfirm.htm allows for online tracking of Priority Mail and Parcel Post.  This is one of the first places I tried entering the tracking number.  I tried it several more times after that.  It never gave me anything.

So, to sum things up, D################## is a USPS Parcel Post tracking number and despite indications to the contrary, it cannot be tracked online.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2008, 03:52:47 AM »
Could be Postal Service number.

No applause needed folks. laugh

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2008, 05:40:04 AM »
None offered.   grin

I have shipped and received many items by USPS, all types of mail with tracking.  Not once have I ever been able to track my shipment.  The best I get was that the package was entered into the system on day A and delivered on day Z.  No information inbetween.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2008, 11:24:14 AM »
It's not a tracking number.  It's a "Delivery Confirmation" number.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB