Author Topic: NRA sues to overturn Chicago gun ban, Daley freaks out  (Read 12417 times)

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
NRA sues to overturn Chicago gun ban, Daley freaks out
« on: June 26, 2008, 11:52:38 AM »

Nitrogen

• friends
  • Who could it be?
    • @c0t0d0s2 / Twitter.
יזכר לא עד פעם
Remember. Never Again.
What does it mean to be an American?  Have you forgotten? | http://youtu.be/0w03tJ3IkrM

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: NRA sues to overturn Chicago gun ban, Daley freaks out
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2008, 12:04:03 PM »
If you're elected officials, you feel safe.

Sort of like the Aldermen that are exempt form the ban.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2008, 12:12:20 PM »
In fact, the Illinois State Rifle Association has already filed a lawsuit challenging the Chicago ban. They filed the suit within 15 minutes of the high court's ruling.

cool  and   grin
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

taurusowner

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2008, 12:32:59 PM »
If this goes through, my girlfriend and I may actually visit.  Until then, we're keeping our discretionary dollars out of that city.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2008, 12:49:36 PM »
Maybe this little outburst will help the public see Daley for the corrupt cretin that he truly is.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2008, 12:51:09 PM »
No, they know he is corrupt.  Chicago is built on corruption and it is part of the culture.
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

thebaldguy

• friends
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2008, 02:10:32 PM »
Bummer for Daley. He gets round the clock taxpayer funded police protection. Why is it that he doesn't want his own citizens to be able to protect themselves?

Chicago, DC, and San Francisco better change their tune quick. If they don't they will get sued big time over violation of constitutional rights.

Oh, and now the ACLU must get involved in gun rights since it's a constitutional issue. It seems like they have been pretty quiet today.

The Annoyed Man

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2008, 02:25:09 PM »
If you're elected officials, you feel safe.

Sort of like the Aldermen that are exempt form the ban.
And who can carry as well, and avoid being charged even after they use their handguns to try to settle an argument in City Hall. I'm not the best educated here, but I believe that is called privilege, AKA Private Law in plain English. As far as I know, America was supposed to have done away with silly ideas like that after the War of Independence.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2008, 02:32:07 PM »
What I cant believe is how everyone, Fenty, now Daley, is so bullheaded and is lining themselves up as our perfect "useful idiots" to further RKBA!  Any anti with half a brain should be able to read the writing on the wall and get a onerous registration/fee system in place that would minimally pass judicial and constitutional muster in the post-Heller era.

(Am I officially the first person on the net to say "Post-Heller era"?  grin )

Obviously, instead of having gone to grade school in the short bus, the reality is that they don't really care, and their nominal kne-jerk anti-gun positions are exposed as the posturing for their constituencies that they think will help them.

And Fenty is making noises about how semi-autos are still banned the very day he gets his ass handed to him in the Supreme Court! It's like in the movies where the protagonist lets himself get beat up, and keeps standing up, gushing blood out of black eyes, until the bully gets disgusted, and a little freaked out, and quits in disgust.

Except we're perfectly happy to keep punching.

IMO this is why the whole Zumbo thing freaked them out that badly. It was their very first clue we really, really, really, mean it about RKBA when we "ate one of our own" like that, and so quickly. It must be quite disconcerting to moral relativists (what I suspect the majority of high-profile anti's are) who don't really believe anything at all.

The other side is finally waking up to the fact we won't quit ever either. I just hope those mayors are the last to learn it and keep giving us slam-dunk case law for awhile first.
I promise not to duck.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2008, 02:58:18 PM »
dasmi, great find.  That article is just chock full of teh stupid!  But the passage below is my very favoritist.  I never dreamed the left could use Heller as an excuse to raise taxes.   grin

"If the result of this ruling is more guns on the street it's going to make it more challenging for law enforcement," Daley said, predicting an end to Chicago's handgun ban would spark new violence and force the city to raise taxes to pay for new police.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2008, 02:59:16 PM »
ANY excuse to raise taxes.  When all else fails, TAX!

The Annoyed Man

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2008, 03:03:57 PM »
dasmi, great find.  That article is just chock full of teh stupid!  But the passage below is my very favoritist.  I never dreamed the left could use Heller as an excuse to raise taxes.   grin

"If the result of this ruling is more guns on the street it's going to make it more challenging for law enforcement," Daley said, predicting an end to Chicago's handgun ban would spark new violence and force the city to raise taxes to pay for new police.
Yeah, imagine the citizens of Chicago being able to put a bullet into the cop beating up a 5′ bartender for example...the horror!

Standing Wolf

• friend
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2008, 03:44:24 PM »
He gets round the clock taxpayer funded police protection. Why is it that he doesn't want his own citizens to be able to protect themselves?

They're mere commoners. He has a highly paid government job.
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2008, 04:00:45 PM »
They up-dated that article to insert more anti-gun stupid.  But here's one that was nutty enough to be in the first edition.

Quote from: Mayor Daley
"If they think that's the answer ... they're greatly mistaken. Then why don't we do away with the court system and go back to the Old West, you have a gun and I have a gun, and we'll settle it in the streets if that's they're thinking."

Where has this guy been the last fifteen, twenty years?  They still have courts in Florida.  And Texas.  And Missouri.  And Vermont.  And the rest of Illinois.  And Ohio.  And Virginia.  And Georgia.  And...
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2008, 09:26:43 PM »
Any link to the text of the court challenge?
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

LAK

• friend
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2008, 10:18:27 PM »
It is frightening that people with the political ideology of Daley have been allowed to run for and hold public office.

---------------------------------------------------

http://searchronpaul.com
http://ussliberty.org/oldindex.html
http://www.gtr5.com
http://ssunitedstates.org

Antibubba

• friend
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2008, 10:28:05 PM »
But gun rights advocates hope to change that. The Illinois State Rifle Association filed a lawsuit with just that purpose in mind at 9:15 a.m.

Heh heh heheh.

Skewer the bastards!
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2008, 02:51:24 AM »
It is frightening that people with the political ideology of Daley have been allowed to run for and hold public office.

You are aware that a sizeable percentage of Daley's voters reside in cemeteries?
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2008, 03:08:35 AM »
Any link to the text of the court challenge?

Why do you care what the actual complaint is?  Can't you just be happy that somebody is suing Daley?

And besides, how dare you usurp El Tejon's position as APS tile crawler in residence by asking legally technical questions?  You know, I'll bet if we look we would find out your lawn is at least 1/16th inch too high, anyhow!

Fistful put you up to asking that, didn't he?
[/sarcasm]

stay safe.

skidmark
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2008, 03:13:08 AM »
I'll bet if we look we would find out your lawn is at least 1/16th inch too high, anyhow!

He lives in Alaska.  He doesn't have "lawn", he has "tundra". Cheesy

Chris

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2008, 03:16:15 AM »
As incredulous as it sounds....maybe Fenty, Daley, Feinstien, Obama, et al actually believe what they spout.  It might actually just be what it is...they are idealist idiots that think they can create a gun free worker's paradise. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2008, 04:03:34 AM »
As incredulous as it sounds....maybe Fenty, Daley, Feinstien, Obama, et al actually believe what they spout.  It might actually just be what it is...they are idealist idiots that think they can create a gun free worker's paradise. 

They're elitists, yes. They think only their sorts should have armed bodyguards, and they are scared of the masses having guns.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2008, 04:45:57 AM »
What's the best mower for tundra?

A John Moose riding mower?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2008, 04:52:31 AM »
I'll bet if we look we would find out your lawn is at least 1/16th inch too high, anyhow!

He lives in Alaska.  He doesn't have "lawn", he has "tundra". Cheesy

Chris

What do old people yell there?

"Hey, you young oil scouts, get that drill off my lawn!" ...?