Author Topic: DO YOU WANT YOUR NEIGHBOR TO HAVE AN AK47?...WELL, DO YOU?  (Read 6113 times)

Snarlingiron

DO YOU WANT YOUR NEIGHBOR TO HAVE AN AK47?...WELL, DO YOU?
« on: June 27, 2008, 08:54:41 PM »
Yes, Mayor Daley, I do.  I want every household in America to have one, and I want them to be trained in their use and safety.  I want them to be able to put you and others like you out of business when it becomes necessary.  That, Sir, is what the Second Amendment is all about.  Not hunting.

When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
Re: DO YOU WANT YOUR NEIGHBOR TO HAVE AN AK47?...WELL, DO YOU?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2008, 09:18:27 PM »
In my specific case..  no but only because he is a total hot head and has a restraining order already for smacking his wife around several times.  The other neighbors are fine.  What?  Oh, it was a rhetorical question.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2008, 10:49:07 PM »
Only one? That's not enough.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2008, 02:15:48 AM »
No. I want my neighbor to have an L-300.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2008, 03:10:32 AM »
Well, my neighbors don't seem to be pissing themselves over the fact that I have an AR-15, so I guess I could get onboard with the concept of their having AK-47 clones...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2008, 03:43:03 AM »
Actually, I'd rather that all of my neighbors have an AR15 in .223.  That way, we can have a huge ammo bulk-buy.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Nitrogen

• friends
  • Who could it be?
    • @c0t0d0s2 / Twitter.
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2008, 04:36:06 AM »
Yes, Mayor Daley, I do.  I want every household in America to have one, and I want them to be trained in their use and safety.  I want them to be able to put you and others like you out of business when it becomes necessary.  That, Sir, is what the Second Amendment is all about.  Not hunting.

When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

No, I don't.  Soviet weapons are icky.  He should get an AR-15 like a real American.
(KIDDING.)
יזכר לא עד פעם
Remember. Never Again.
What does it mean to be an American?  Have you forgotten? | http://youtu.be/0w03tJ3IkrM

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2008, 05:16:01 AM »
Nope.....we'd prefer something on the AR-10/SR-25 platform....we like the reach...  cool
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Standing Wolf

• friend
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2008, 05:57:57 AM »
Commie guns? No. Real guns? Yes, of course.
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

mfree

• friend
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2008, 06:23:28 AM »
Why yes, yes I do.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2008, 07:02:05 AM »
No, I want to be the first on my block to get one*  laugh

* the real AK47, select fire Smiley
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

old school

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2008, 07:02:30 AM »
That, Sir, is what the Second Amendment is all about.  Not hunting.

Amen
We now know who the real man is.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2008, 07:17:25 AM »
Commie Dirty malfunction-prone direct impingement guns? No. Real gas-piston guns? Yes, of course.

FTFY.

Everyone should have something with a proper gas piston in their closet or safe, be that an AK, FAL, M-14 or Garand, or a gas-piston AR. Dirty poodle-shooter, not so much.

*flees*  grin

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2008, 07:22:55 AM »
Nope, something chambered in .223 so I we can buy bulk ammo.

There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Grandpa Shooter

• friend
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2008, 07:30:45 AM »
What my neighbor has or does is none of my concern.  I expect the same in return.  Keep your mitts and thoughts off what is mine and we can be good neighbors.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2008, 07:32:08 AM »
Nope, something chambered in .223 so I we can buy bulk ammo.

HK 416
Robinson XCR
Arsenal SLR-106
Saiga 223
SIG 556
Daewoo K2/DR-200

That part I can see. Wink

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2008, 07:38:12 AM »
Well the reason I say that is because I already have a mini-14.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2008, 09:07:39 AM »
What my neighbor has or does is none of my concern.  I expect the same in return.  Keep your mitts and thoughts off what is mine and we can be good neighbors.

No.  Being a good neighbor doesn't mean my neighbors can't have an opinion about what I have or do.  Now, should they get all in my face with their opinions?  Probably not.  I don't. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Grandpa Shooter

• friend
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2008, 10:28:46 AM »

No.  Being a good neighbor doesn't mean my neighbors can't have an opinion about what I have or do.  Now, should they get all in my face with their opinions?  Probably not.  I don't. 

My only requirement of my neighbors is that they leave me totally alone, as if they didn't exist.  That way nothing they do or say has anything to do with me.
'

Barbara

« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2008, 10:59:37 AM »
I really don't care what my neighbors do, but it sure would be nifty if I had one. Are they going to be running through the streets again now? I had hoped to be able to go pick on up off the sidewalk when the AWB sunset but unfortunately, I never did see any go by. 

The Annoyed Man

« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2008, 11:10:34 AM »
I really don't care what my neighbors do, but it sure would be nifty if I had one. Are they going to be running through the streets again now? I had hoped to be able to go pick on up off the sidewalk when the AWB sunset but unfortunately, I never did see any go by. 
You obviously weren't looking at the right streets. Everyone knows they are found mostly in the streets near schools and playgrounds.
I'd like one too. And a few thousand rounds of ammo.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2008, 03:13:18 PM »
My only requirement of my neighbors is that they leave me totally alone, as if they didn't exist.  That way nothing they do or say has anything to do with me.

I feel about the same way.  But this ain't about our neighbors.  It's about the RKBA. 

End threadjack. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Sylvilagus Aquaticus

• friend
    • http://profiles.yahoo.com/sylvilagus
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2008, 05:23:11 PM »
I'd prefer a phased plasma pulse rifle in the 40 watt range.

However, I'll settle for my ARs and FAL, along with those old antiques for now.

Regards,
Rabbit.
To punish me for my contempt for authority, fate made me an authority myself.
Albert Einstein

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2008, 05:46:55 PM »
yes, yes I do.  And I want them to have handguns, one for each hip.

I want sniper rifles on every roof.

I want bullets given out like candy.

And a cannon on every front yard pointed in the direction of the unsavory hordes we want to keep away.

Oh, and a phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range of course.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2008, 06:04:08 PM »
here's what ya do...

everyone on your street gets one combat rifle. then get together and compare. then everyone get one rifle of every caliber on the street.

that way everyone gets some varity, bulk ammo prices and, in the event of emergancy, can arm all housegeust and maybe even the next street over.

cool
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds