Author Topic: Where are my glasses?!  (Read 6221 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Where are my glasses?!
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2008, 07:06:31 PM »
Nope.

If I take my glasses off, I'm pretty much blind without them.

So, by and large, when I get up in the morning, my glasses go on, and stay on, until I go to bed at night.

A couple of years ago Abby broke my glasses. In half. Right through the nose bridge.

Mtnbkr had to drive my car back to his house and we had to attempt to epoxy my glasses back together.

They got me home, but I was struggling for a couple of days until the new frames came in.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2008, 12:41:40 AM »
Thankfully haven't had THAT problem for a while...

I only wear my glasses for a few minutes each day, now, if that.  Usually the time it takes me to walk between my bedroom and the bathroom when I get up in the morning or am about ready to go to bed.  I wear contacts most of the rest of the time (not the gas permeable ones, though; my eyesight is so poor that I have to special order contacts, and getting the gas permeable ones would be too expensive).

I can read without them, and I can make my way around the house, and I can distinguish people, but I can't tell much more than whether they're male or female without my glasses or contacts; sometimes not even that.

About the only time I wear glasses for more than an hour or two anymore is if I'm going on a long trip and don't plan on driving, and I want to get some sleep.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2008, 01:43:26 AM »
New years Day 1979, after a bout with a bottle or so of 1800. They had them on the quarterdeck. Musta been a good night!  laugh
Avoid cliches like the plague!

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2008, 05:54:25 AM »
My biggest problem is that without my glasses, I am too blind to find my glasses.  Makes it hard to get around.

I resemble that remark.

With regard to glasses, wallet, keys, cell phone, etc., I have become a man of habit.  I place them in the same place when I get home or divest myself of them at night.  The only time I have trouble with them is when I do not follow my SOP.

I have worn several different types of contacts, but I just don't currently have the time for care & feeding of them, presently.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

2swap

• friend
  • : 4 5 ;
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2008, 06:02:20 AM »
What if your significant other has worse eyeseight than you?

You don't both lose your glasses at the same time, so the other one can look for the missing glasses.

Helps if you're in the same country though.

Well, if the two have the same pattern and go to bed and get up at about the same time, it is not unusual that both have either no idea where they are or that you grab the wrong ones (my grandparents did that quite often). Also, if the SO sees with glasses about as much as you without them, she can not be of help so much...  cool
: spin
  92 47 124 45 45 58 emit dup emit emit
  begin 8 emit dup emit swap 2swap key? until ;

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2008, 06:13:00 AM »
I can see fine within 16-18 inches. 

Lucky you.  My 'see fine without glasses' distance is about 6".

I don't have too much trouble with losing my glasses because they're the first thing I put on in the morning, and last thing to take off.

Though if they fall off the head of the bead I'm doing the waving arms thing along the floor to find them.

coppertales

• friend
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2008, 08:53:29 AM »
Yep, I am one of the blind here.  First on and last off each day.  I have been wearing glasses since 1953.  They were made of real glass then and broke just as easily.  chris3

Phyphor

• friend
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2008, 06:37:57 PM »
Nope.

If I take my glasses off, I'm pretty much blind without them.

So, by and large, when I get up in the morning, my glasses go on, and stay on, until I go to bed at night.

A couple of years ago Abby broke my glasses. In half. Right through the nose bridge.

Mtnbkr had to drive my car back to his house and we had to attempt to epoxy my glasses back together.

They got me home, but I was struggling for a couple of days until the new frames came in.

Ah yes, Abby... I can see now that THAt girl will never have a problem in a fight, seeing as how she goes right for the weak spot.

"You know what's messed-up about taxes?
You don't even pay taxes. They take tax.
You get your check, money gone.
That ain't a payment, that's a jack." - Chris Rock "Bigger and Blacker"
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2008, 12:09:17 PM »
<----Doesn't need nor wear glasses or contacts.

While we were stationed in Germany, one time when I was actually not out in the field and had a day off, I was sitting in the living room, reading a book when Mrs. Scout walked in and asked I had seen her glasses.

I just sat there and stared at her for about a minute and said "No."

Tweny minutes later she comes back in and asks "Can you help me find my glasses."

"No."

"Why Not ??" 

"You're wearing them."
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2008, 12:47:09 PM »
Ha!  Try finding your glasses in the tall grass after coming off a horse at about 30mph  laugh

Extra points if you have broken bones and are bleeding  shocked
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin