Author Topic: Where are my glasses?!  (Read 6220 times)

PTK

• friends
Where are my glasses?!
« on: June 30, 2008, 04:07:05 AM »
Does anyone ELSE manage to lose their glasses a few times a day? I once found them on top of my head... rolleyes
"Only lucky people grow old." - Frederick L.
September 1915 - August 2008

"If you really do have cancer "this time", then this is your own fault. Like the little boy who cried wolf."

MicroBalrog

• friend
Re: Where are my glasses?!
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 04:21:31 AM »
Welcome to my world.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2008, 04:23:04 AM »
They've got contacts up to one-month extended wear, now.

They're pretty cool, actually. Just still have glasses around in case you lose one.

PTK

• friends
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2008, 04:23:21 AM »
Ah, finally found them - in with my stack o' ammo for the range in the next day or two.... Of course, why SHOULDN'T I have looked there?  rolleyes

Manedwolf

I do wear contacts, usually, but with my odd sleep schedule (on various meds for an infection) I can't really wear them as they've got to come out when I sleep.
"Only lucky people grow old." - Frederick L.
September 1915 - August 2008

"If you really do have cancer "this time", then this is your own fault. Like the little boy who cried wolf."

Grandpa Shooter

• friend
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2008, 05:33:24 AM »
My biggest problem is that without my glasses, I am too blind to find my glasses.  Makes it hard to get around.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2008, 05:45:30 AM »
Ah, finally found them - in with my stack o' ammo for the range in the next day or two.... Of course, why SHOULDN'T I have looked there?  rolleyes

Manedwolf

I do wear contacts, usually, but with my odd sleep schedule (on various meds for an infection) I can't really wear them as they've got to come out when I sleep.

That's what I meant. They're gas-permeable. You leave them in 24/7 for an entire month, even when sleeping.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2008, 06:46:05 AM »
Do they make them in torric yet? 

I am currently wearing 2 week lens that I take out to sleep.  Glasses are backup.  Of course, I can still get around without them.  I just can't read road signs and such. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2008, 08:09:42 AM »
My biggest problem is that without my glasses, I am too blind to find my glasses.  Makes it hard to get around.

Same here.....All I see without my glasses are dark blurs and slightly less dark blurs.....

Makes a day at the range interesting for all involved....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2008, 08:13:48 AM »

Same here.....All I see without my glasses are dark blurs and slightly less dark blurs.....

"Is that my target?"

"No, that's the RO."

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2008, 08:45:23 AM »
I quit wearing contacts because I kept losing my glasses.  Now I only where glasses, and I only take them off at night, and I always put them in the same place so that I know exactly where to find them again in the morning.

Marvin Dao

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2008, 09:14:16 AM »

I am currently wearing 2 week lens that I take out to sleep.  Glasses are backup.  Of course, I can still get around without them.  I just can't read road signs and such. 

Cooper Vision has a toric contact lens that's been approved for extended wear.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2008, 11:44:50 AM »

"Is that my target?"

"No, that's the RO."

Guess you were at the range last week.....  grin
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Vodka7

• friend
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2008, 01:50:08 PM »

God, isn't that the truth.  I've been known to walk around looking for my glasses with all the lights in the house turned on, wearing my prescription sunglasses.

BridgeRunner

• friend
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2008, 02:00:52 PM »

Best reason ever for being married. 

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2008, 02:04:29 PM »

Yeup

By clear visions work fine.  My right eye is normal and left takes torics.  Works out nice actually, orange goes in the left eye, easy to remember lol
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Grandpa Shooter

• friend
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2008, 03:02:01 PM »
The other part of that is that I am extremely near sighted.  If I am working on electrical wiring in close quarters or doing plumbing in an attic or crawl space I sometimes have to take my glasses off because I can see fine within 16-18 inches.  Problem is when I get done doing the close  work I have a **** of a time finding my glasses.  I don't dare move until I feel around and find my glasses so I can see to get out of the tight quarters I am in. sad

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2008, 03:06:54 PM »
lol same here, I was blind without them. 

Best thing about contacts is I have my peripheral vision back.  It's nice to be able to see everything and not just whats directly in front of me
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2008, 04:22:16 PM »
Yeah, but none of you have a "spare" pair of glasses in every room in the place, another "spare" pair in the glovebox, a "spare" in the cup-holder in case you need to find the keyhole for the glovebox, 2 "spare" pairs in the range bag, and a fancy Levengers' eyeglasses case (with slots for 2 pens and a place for personalized business cards) that I can't remember where Ilaid it down.

Presbyopia (sp? - who cares, it sucks) is a bitch.  Can't see to read without glasses, everything else has a fine myoptic shadow, and everything in the blue spectrum gives me headaches.

Can't see the front sight without my glasses, but if I have them on I can't see the target at all.  I do not point-shoot.  I merely cover that blur with what I think is the front sight and hold everything real still, even when doing rapid fire.  It may not look nice, but it sure does blow holes in the middle of whatever I think I'm looking at.  5- or 6-inch groups out to 30 yards aint bad, even for a "blind" guy.

Now, the real question is -- where the heck are my hearing aids?

stay safe.

skidmark
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Rudy Kohn

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2008, 05:45:44 PM »
I once, uh, spent about an hour and a half looking for my glasses.  Eventually,

Me:  "Mom, have you seen my glasses?"
Ma:  "You're wearing them."
Me:  "No, I'm not."  (checks face...ah crap.)

I probably adjusted them several times while looking for them.  undecided

P.S.: 
"Is that my target?"

"No, that's the RO."
  laugh

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2008, 05:47:35 PM »
I can't read my watch without mine...
So no...
The second my feet touch the floor in the morning they're on and they don't come off.
About once every few months, I somehow manage to get up and forget them, but after a few steps I quickly realize my error.
And boy do I hate glasses.
Like seriously.
Every day I glare at them and curse them as if they were a bum pooping on my porch.
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.

Phyphor

• friend
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2008, 03:44:40 PM »

Same here!!!! If they get knocked off, I'm pretty much down to "crawl around and gently feel around hoping I find them before someone's boot does. "

The only time I've ever lost them is after a few too many beers, though....

"You know what's messed-up about taxes?
You don't even pay taxes. They take tax.
You get your check, money gone.
That ain't a payment, that's a jack." - Chris Rock "Bigger and Blacker"
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2008, 05:56:44 PM »

What if your significant other has worse eyeseight than you?

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

BridgeRunner

• friend
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2008, 06:01:53 PM »

What if your significant other has worse eyeseight than you?
[/quote]

You don't both lose your glasses at the same time, so the other one can look for the missing glasses.

Helps if you're in the same country though.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2008, 06:13:36 PM »
You don't both lose your glasses at the same time,

Bridgewalker... you're very sadly wrong.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2008, 07:01:21 PM »
Surely at least one of you can remember where you put your glasses before you started necking.  Right...?

Wink