Author Topic: Media Coverage of Heller  (Read 1266 times)

xavier fremboe

• friends
  • All-American Meanie
    • The Shop
Media Coverage of Heller
« on: July 01, 2008, 03:52:07 AM »
Okay.  I watched a piece on CBS Sunday Morning where they gave a commentator about two minutes of uninterrupted air time to discuss how horrified she was to realize that she felt empowered to put on a gunbelt in a bit part she had in a movie.  (Actually she didn't realize it, I did.  She promptly reverted to victimhood when she realized that she would be empowered.)  I got to see Juan Williams totally freak out on Fox Sunday.  I got to hear an NPR piece this morning with the Police Chief of DC with anti-2a softballs being lobbed to her about how you've always been able to register a weapon for self-defense in DC (you just had to keep it disassembled and unloaded). 

Anyone else got any good examples of objective journalism?
If the bandersnatch seems even mildly frumious, best to shun it.  Really. http://www.cctplastics.com

SteveS

• The Voice of Reason
  • friends
Re: Media Coverage of Heller
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 04:53:31 AM »
I must be watching and listening at the wrong time.  Most of the stuff I have seen has been supportive (to some degree) of the decision.  The only exceptions being the rantings from Daley and the Mayor of DC.
Profanity is the linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother****er.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 05:46:43 AM »
I found these sources to be highly biased in regard to the Heller decision.....

www.downrange.tv

www.guntalk.com

grin
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

xavier fremboe

• friends
  • All-American Meanie
    • The Shop
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2008, 05:58:05 AM »
I found these sources to be highly biased in regard to the Heller decision.....

www.downrange.tv

www.guntalk.com

grin
Good point.  It's only bias if I don't agree with it... Wink
If the bandersnatch seems even mildly frumious, best to shun it.  Really. http://www.cctplastics.com

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2008, 06:42:22 AM »
I saw some of the anchor on Fox News complain about SCOTUS' "Reckless Decision" I think he called it.
Funny stuff.
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.

Parker Dean

• friend
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2008, 07:02:00 AM »
I had to laugh at the first news report that I heard on the radio concerning Heller about 11:30am that day. It was a woman reporter and she started her piece off with "The ruling went down at 10 this morning..." like it was some armed robbery or something. It was so bald faced that I actually LOL'ed. Interestingly, that was the only time I heard that particular piece on the ruling.