Author Topic: Another anti gun company ?  (Read 1529 times)

reboog

Another anti gun company ?
« on: July 11, 2008, 02:53:34 PM »
Company that supported total gun and ammunition ban in Brazil coming to U.S.? Looks like the deal will go through now too. Check out the link below  angry :

http://johnrlott.blogspot.com/2008/06/inbev-taking-over-anheuser-busch.html

Looks like a bum deal for gun owners versus this  cool :

http://www.bradycampaign.org/media/release.php?release=166

On almost every post I've seen about this acquisition  on other forums the only thing anyone seemed concerned about was whether they would change their favorite beers or that they were happy about it because they don't like the beers Anheuser brews.

In the big picture this may not seem like a huge concern to the average person. However where does it stop ? NAFTA, CAFTA, WTO, exporting jobs to China and India, our economy being decimated by OPEC and oil futures traders, a congress that sits idly by, concerned  only with their political agendas, and now foreign companies acquiring U.S. assets on the cheap thanks to the value of the dollar being in the toilet versus other currencies.   

This one just gets me more than most due to InBev's strong anti gun stance. A 150 year old American company, a good corporate citizen that pays their workers well, gives back to the community, and is a supporter of gun rights is about to be sold to a foreign, anti gun company, with a poor labor relations record.  And most peoples comment on it is "Who cares. I don't drink Bud anyways."

I think we will soon reap what our apathy and thoughtlessness has sowed.

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
Re: Another anti gun company ?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2008, 03:00:04 PM »
neither link works

The Annoyed Man

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2008, 03:01:12 PM »
Links are broken.

reboog

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2008, 03:31:52 PM »
Sorry. They're fixed now. rolleyes

Ex-MA Hole

• friend
    • The Brown Bomber
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2008, 03:59:18 PM »
I hate to rain on your parade, but since you are new here, let me gently nudge you in a direction....if you are going to post a subject, we generally like some sort of commentary to go along with the post.

You have made two posts, both are cutting and pasting news articles...

Please add your opinion/ thoughts/ commentary.

Thanks, and welcome to APS.
One day at a time.