Author Topic: UMBER!!!!!!!!  (Read 5838 times)

Ex-MA Hole

• friend
    • The Brown Bomber
UMBER!!!!!!!!
« on: July 11, 2008, 04:02:05 PM »
Hi, how are you?

Who are you?

Don't lurk, we don't bite.

One day at a time.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Re: UMBER!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2008, 04:04:35 PM »
fistful bites.  And he doesn't brush his teeth very often.
So I heard...
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Ex-MA Hole

• friend
    • The Brown Bomber
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2008, 04:05:15 PM »
Please, please, please don't tell us what you were doing that close to him.
One day at a time.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2008, 04:13:26 PM »
Perhaps Umber doesn't want to be burnt.  grin

(color joke)

Ex-MA Hole

• friend
    • The Brown Bomber
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2008, 04:16:22 PM »
His name is Umber, not Ember....
One day at a time.

cosine

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2008, 04:17:11 PM »
There's a color known as burnt umber.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burnt_umber
Andy

Ex-MA Hole

• friend
    • The Brown Bomber
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2008, 04:23:19 PM »
Cosine....don't be an ash.....
One day at a time.

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2008, 06:01:22 PM »
There's also a planet named Umber, but you have to go to the Tarantula Nebula to see it.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

Ex-MA Hole

• friend
    • The Brown Bomber
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2008, 07:07:23 PM »
I hate spiders.
One day at a time.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2008, 07:13:44 PM »

(color joke)

I would know what you're talking about, but my dog ate all my crayons and "burnt umber" was one of them. sad The up side is, he had Technicolor poo for a couple days. grin
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2008, 09:30:19 PM »
Please, please, please don't tell us what you were doing that close to him.

Muwhahahahahha!
Oh, wait, wrong response.  Time to slink away...
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2008, 12:34:08 AM »

(color joke)

I would know what you're talking about, but my dog ate all my crayons and "burnt umber" was one of them. sad The up side is, he had Technicolor poo for a couple days. grin

Colored poop is for another thread.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2008, 01:54:59 AM »

(color joke)

Ned is your dog?

Chris

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2008, 02:54:30 AM »

(color joke)

Ned is your dog?

Chris

No, he's my Dawg! grin
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2008, 03:11:36 AM »
Why are you looking at the techi poop?
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2008, 10:53:21 AM »
I'd take umbrage with my dog if he scarfed all of my crayons.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2008, 04:16:57 PM »

(color joke)

Don't go making color jokes......or you'll make Mike Irwin all wrathful & stuff....  shocked
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2008, 04:20:52 PM »

(color joke)

Don't go making color jokes......or you'll make Mike Irwin all wrathful & stuff....  shocked

I thought just fistful breathing made Mike all wrathful and stuff...... angel
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Umber

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2008, 04:26:28 PM »
Ex-MA Hole wrote:
Hi, how are you?  Who are you?  Don't lurk, we don't bite.

Im doing fine, thanks, as I hope you all are.

I lurk because much of what I might say is usually said by someone else in a more thoughtful, clear, concise (and sometimes a much more polite) manner than I can muster.  Reading the posts on this forum is educational, not to mention pretty frequently amusing.  I also lurk at the Firing Line and the High Road forums& and a few music forums.

As to who I am& thats a question I ask myself frequently since I seem to be in the middle of one of my time to change my life moods.  Im retired.  Or maybe Im not.  I keep thinking Im retired until someone talks me back out into my shop to do some work for them.  My profession, if you can call it that, was as a blacksmith and knife maker.  I was fairly successful in both endeavors and have friends/customers all over the world, and was one of the first five bladesmiths to be given a master smith rating by the American Bladesmith Society.  A master smith rating and a buck or five will get you a cup of coffee almost anywhere, just as a FYI. Of those original five smiths, three have passed away.  Im the one of the two still breathing who is not Don Fogg.

Otherwise, Im politically conservative, a gun owner and a long range shooting fanatic.  Ill be voting for McCain, not because I like him or think hes the best man for the job, but because I truly believe a presidency by that Other Dude& the one JJ wants to cut the nuts off him& will do the country no good and might do it a great deal of harm. 

What else?  Ive been a tattooist, a highland games heavy events competitor, a published author (articles in the Mother Earth News way back in, I think, 75... and one novel.)  The novel was a murder/mystery and was more murder than mystery.  I targeted my audience.  The publisher requested that I do a series.  I havent and probably wont.  Got half way through a second novel and let the project drop.  Writing is too damned much work if its to be done right.  First drafts are serious crap.  Second draft is less smelly crap.  Third is only mildly unpleasant, and the forth draft is usually as good as something is going to get with me writing it. 

I paint (oils) and play a number of instruments& piano, keyboard, flute, recorder, blues harp& none of them well.  Although I havent had a change to do much with any of them in the past two years, hobbies have included boxing, grappling, Olympic and powerlifting,  ax throwing and archery.  And I used to be a very decent one-pocket player.  I enjoy gardening and raise chickens.

Thats enough and more than enough about me& but thanks for giving me a yell.  Sometimes old guys like me tend to nod off if not prodded.

By the way, Im an ex-MA Hole, too.  Greenfield area.

Cheers,

Umber

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2008, 04:32:46 PM »
Wow, talk about an introduction!

Good to know ya, man.  You seem to fit the title Rennaisance Man better than most folks I know. 

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2008, 05:16:50 PM »
Ex-MA Hole wrote:

I lurk because much of what I might say is usually said by someone else in a more thoughtful, clear, concise (and sometimes a much more polite) manner than I can muster.  Reading the posts on this forum is educational, not to mention pretty frequently amusing. 

Are you sure you're posting on the right board?.....  undecided

Welcome.....next round is on the literate, tattooed, caber-tossing, knife-making, conservative guy sitting quietly in the corner..... Wink

(....and, if you can't pay, tell the barkeep that the tab is fistful's fault.....)   grin
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

cosine

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2008, 07:44:31 PM »
Hey, welcome to the board, Umber!
Andy

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2008, 07:47:00 PM »
Ah, hell, this place is getting too classy for its own good.  All these folks of good character showing up.
It's gonna take a lot of work to rise to Umber's standards.   laugh

Welcome, Umber.   And don't forget to through some abuse fistful's way.
And if you want to live dangerously, tell Irwin to burn some floppy disks.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2008, 02:14:10 AM »
Now that you have introduced yourself don't be a stranger and feel free to pipe up.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Umber

« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2008, 05:47:07 AM »
Thanks for the warm welcome, guys.  I appreciate it.  If I see a thread where I think I can add something worthwhile, I'll definitely pipe up.

I do have a question.  I had quite a few projects to help my wife with this morning out in the yard before it got too blasted hot 'n humid.  It seemed that the ground was awfully hard where we were planting some flowers and herbs.  Was it Fistful's fault that the blasted digging was so difficult? 

I thought so.   grin

Umber