Author Topic: Fountain Pens  (Read 4941 times)

erictank

• friends
Re: Fountain Pens
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2008, 05:03:31 PM »
Well you do get what you pay for. laugh

True, which is I guess the hole point of this thread.  Cheesy

Still, $60 is way too expensive for my blood.  Only thing I use a pen for these days is writing checks and filling out forms, and SOMETIMES taking notes (I prefer taking notes with a mechanical pencil, but sometimes I'll forget to bring one and have to use the pen).  All of my serious writing is done on the computer; hell, if I had a laptop, I'd probably use THAT to take notes.

That, and I lose writing implements like the Mariners lose ball games.  I either misplace them or let someone borrow them and forget to get it back.  I buy those cheap Bic mechanical pencils by the dozen because of this.  If I were to buy a $60 or a $100 fountain pen, I'd probably lose it within the month.  cheesy

Kind of like sunglasses.  The more you spend the quicker they are broken or lost. laugh

Not necessarily true - I lost 3 pair of decent, and relatively-expensive, aviator's-style sunglasses (at least two of them Ray-Ban brand) in the space of 3 years.  I've had my Oakley X-Metal Romeo's (1st edition - they've since revised the design slightly) for 5 years now, I think it is.  They're FAR more expensive than the Ray-Bans were - so I *KNOW* where I set them down, and make sure I pick them back up again.

They also fit better and screen out more light, so they're better sunglasses for me than the aviator-style ones were.