Author Topic: Took Co-Workers Shooting  (Read 609 times)

Unisaw

• friend
Took Co-Workers Shooting
« on: August 17, 2008, 08:39:57 AM »
I have two co-workers, one of whom works out of her home on the East Coast (I'll call her # 1) and one who works in Washington with me at World Headquarters.   rolleyes  I'll call her #2.  Each summer, #1 spends a week out here and we try to include at least one afternoon on a fun "team building" activity.  Last summer, we went hiking on Mount Rainier; this year I took them shooting at the outdoor range I belong to.  Neither had ever fired any type of gun before but #1's husband has a concealed permit.   #2 confessed to being afraid of guns but had recently read "America Fights Back".

I started them out with a scoped .22 rifle (Remington 582) and then progressed through a .22 pistol (S&W model 41), .38 Special target and light .357 magnum loads (both fired in a Dan Wesson Monson Model 15 revolver), and an HK USP 45c.  We all had a great time.  Neither was reluctant to shoot the bigger guns, as they viewed each one as an accomplishment, and both did a great job.

While neither was anti-gun before we went, I think both were surprised at how fun and safe shooting can be if the rules are followed.   
Well, if you have the sudden urge to lick your balls you'll know you got the veterinary version... K Frame

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Took Co-Workers Shooting
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2008, 02:42:56 PM »
Sweeeeeet.  Good job.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife