Author Topic: Tales of the Gold Monkey  (Read 1869 times)

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
Tales of the Gold Monkey
« on: September 24, 2008, 04:49:25 PM »
I'm watching the first episode of Tales of the Gold Monkey which I remembered as being just plain awesome as a kid.  It did not age well...

Sergeant Bob

• friend
Re: Tales of the Gold Monkey
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2008, 05:26:01 PM »
Was that the series with Stephan Collins? It didn't do much for me the first time around.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2008, 06:11:09 PM »
The only memorable scene I remember from that whole series was when the bald Japanese guy was turning up the heat under the tub the German spy was bathing in . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2008, 06:56:19 PM »
Few things from the era do age well.

I saw a couple of episodes of the program during its first run, but my interest was held by reruns of Rawhide and Bonanza.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

myrockfight

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2008, 04:40:45 AM »
I haven't seen it, but I would like to. What channel is it on? I always liked Bellasario's shows and this one has a familiar concept.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2008, 04:45:14 AM »
If you want an older and excellent adventure show, I recommend the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles now out on DVD. They filmed almost all of them on location, and the cinematography is absolutely gorgeous.

buzz_knox

• friend
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2008, 05:17:13 AM »
I loved that show, especially Marta DuBois (Princess Koji). 

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2008, 08:20:24 AM »
I haven't seen it, but I would like to. What channel is it on? I always liked Bellasario's shows and this one has a familiar concept.

I acquired it..  ahem..  from the Internet

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2008, 08:26:03 AM »
I VAGUELY remember this show...

I liked Bring 'em Back Alive a lot more.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2008, 08:37:34 AM »
Oooo, don't remember it but it reminds me of another story, "The Yellow Joss", which, I guarantee you, is much better.  grin
Avoid cliches like the plague!

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2008, 11:05:20 AM »

Me to.....I even thought Disney's "Tailspin" with Baloo was better than TOTGM....   laugh
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

myrockfight

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2008, 12:19:54 PM »

Me to.....I even thought Disney's "Tailspin" with Baloo was better than TOTGM....   laugh

LOL. Holy moly. I was thinking of Tailspin too! I watched that cartoon religiously for as long as it was on tv.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2008, 01:40:14 AM »

LOL. Holy moly. I was thinking of Tailspin too! I watched that cartoon religiously for as long as it was on tv.

I really liked the Frenchy-french air pirates...all the best villans are French.....  cool
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.