Author Topic: Army recruiters in Houston area high in suicides  (Read 1385 times)

Grandpa Shooter

• friend
Army recruiters in Houston area high in suicides
« on: September 29, 2008, 06:58:51 PM »
http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/09/29/recruiters.suicide/index.html

The U.S. Army is establishing a suicide prevention board to examine the mental health of its recruiters around the country after the fourth suicide in three years by Houston, Texas-based recruiters, according to Army officials.

The Army Recruiting Command is examining recruiters all over the country for job-related and combat-related stress.

The board will look at how to handle the high-stress climate facing recruiters who may be both under pressure from their job and victims of post-combat deployment stress, according to Douglas Smith, a spokesman from the U.S. Army Recruiting command.

Putting combat theater Vets into recruiting jobs is bad business as far as I am concerned.  My Lady's son was recruited by an Iraq theater Vet, and I am still not convinced she told him the truth.

Thor

• friend
  • US Navy (retired)
Re: Army recruiters in Houston area high in suicides
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2008, 07:04:05 PM »
Recruiting is a TOUGH job. I was a Navy Recruiter from 1986-1990. I did quite well, but it wasn't easy. A lying recruiter won't last long as word WILL get around.
" a sword never kills anybody; it's a tool in the killer's hand." - Lucius Annaeus

for Military, Vets, & Supporters, check out:
USMILNET

Conservative Discussion Forum