Author Topic: Where’d the SNL bailout skit go?  (Read 2365 times)

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
Where’d the SNL bailout skit go?
« on: October 06, 2008, 11:24:16 PM »

http://hotair.com/archives/2008/10/06/whered-the-snl-bailout-skit-go/

POSTED AT 9:50 PM ON OCTOBER 6, 2008 BY ALLAHPUNDIT   
SEND TO A FRIEND | PRINTER-FRIENDLY

The Unfocused wonders, as do several e-mailers. The other videos on the SNL clip page are working fine but as of 9:25 this one’s suddenly unavailable. No dice at Hulu either, which is odd since I posted their embed of the skit yesterday morning.

Anyone experienced this before with SNL vids? I can’t believe it’s anything more sinister than a glitch, notwithstanding the fact that it’s NBC and that it’s no secret where Lorne and company’s political sympathies lie. If they were worried about shining a light on the Dems’ role in the Fannie/Freddie mess, they wouldn’t have done the sketch or put it online to begin with, no? Or did they not realize until today that McCain was planning to go after The One on this subject, leaving them scrambling to yank it before the news cycle made it go viral? Intrigue!

Like I say, probably a glitch. E-mail us if you see it come back online; the Barney Frank impression alone makes it worth a repost.

Update: The intrigue deepens: The thumbnail for the bailout skit was still visible on the SNL clip page when I started writing this post. Now? Vanished. The link to the clip now redirects to the master clip page.
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Where’d the SNL bailout skit go?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2008, 11:31:19 PM »
I heard that skit on the radio this morning.  Hilarious!  They even slammed Barney Frank.  A little bit.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Fjolnirsson

• friends
  • The Anti-Claus
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2008, 01:11:38 AM »
Interesting. It's also unavailable from Hulu. Looks like SNL offended someone with pull. Perhaps the station owner?
Hi.

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2008, 08:21:24 AM »
http://michellemalkin.com/2008/10/06/the-missing-snl-bailout-skit-and-the-soros-connection/

the video is now being multiuploaded to youtube & other places
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2008, 11:04:05 AM »
youtube is search and deleting it as soon as it gets uploaded

obviously meta data can be searched and flagged but i wonder if they also find it visually using eyeball$

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2008, 11:09:51 AM »
This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by NBC Universal

JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Lee

• friend
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2008, 09:47:57 PM »
How do I copy the video to my hard drive from the site above?

spectr17

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2008, 10:47:17 PM »
This one works for now on YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3igb71c_XI

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2008, 10:53:57 PM »
http://www.nbc.com/Saturday_Night_Live/video/clips/c-span-bailout/727521

its back on NBC with a significant edit

they dropped the tag:

and they dropped herbert thanking them "for blocking congressional oversight of our corrupt activities"

neviander

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2008, 11:03:32 PM »
Rush played most of it on his show today.  He said his site would have it linked.
"be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves."

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2008, 04:33:32 PM »
Shooting back at SNL: Herb Sandler's been "listening to this crap for two years," and he's not going to take it anymore. Especially after "Saturday Night Live" labeled him and his wife, Marion, former owners of Oakland's Golden West Financial (nee World Savings) as "people who should be shot" in a skit that ran this past weekend.

But they don't want to be the fall guys for the collapse of Wachovia, and, by extension, the nation's financial system. "We are being unfairly tarred," Herb, 77, told the Associated Press. (We called Herb, who lives in the East Bay, but hadn't heard back by press time).

Among the points he made in that interview, and four months ago in an interview with the Wall Street Journal: Wachovia's problems are largely of its own management's making; Losses on the Golden West-generated loans carried by Wachovia have been grossly exaggerated. In fact, they're performing better than many of Wachovia's competitors.

He also believes Wachovia is worth more than Wells Fargo has offered, though in this market, he adds, Wachovia should take the money and run.

Others have long criticized the Sandlers' design-your-own home loan plan ("pick a pay") as a disaster waiting to happen. While Golden West's growth and profits soared - along with house prices - underwriting standards and credit requirements became increasingly lax, say insiders. Still, Golden West stood out like a beacon as other S&Ls collapsed around them. As late as 2004, the investment research firm Morningstar called the Sandlers' corporate governance a "paragon" of the industry.

The blame game will rage on, no doubt. Meanwhile, you can judge for yourself the degree of irony in Herb Sandler's onetime description of the S&L scandal as "a crook's paradise."

But the end is nigh: Even as Herb Sandler defends his legacy, the physical remains of his once-mighty empire have all but disappeared. As part of Wachovia's planned layoff of 12,000 employees, World's entire portfolio loan division has been eliminated, as have its underwriting departments, along with sundry loan managers and representatives.

Wachovia doesn't need them because, unlike the way World and Golden West did things, it is getting out of the business of keeping and managing individual mortgages, packaging them instead into parcels of securities to be traded, as so many other troubled banks have done.

"I'm one of the last survivors," said a mortgage consultant in one of Wachovia's Bay Area branches. "Not that we're doing much business."