Author Topic: Mozilla Firefox (aka just another Big Brother)  (Read 9333 times)

Don't care

Re: Mozilla Firefox (aka just another Big Brother)
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2008, 11:35:22 AM »
Oh, this is a big browsersecurity thread?

My 2 eurocents on the issue:

The safest browser: Elinks in the newest version. No features, no problems.

The best browser for those, who are chronically low on RAM but not desperate enough for a textbrowser: dillo. The little browser runs fine on my ancient craptop.

The best browser for those, who want features: Konqueror. It is very well integrated with everything in KDE. much better than IE in Windows.

Opera might be okay, but it is... strange to use, I never got to like the interface.

If you want FF, better get Kazehakase. It renders pages as well, but has not such a clumsy interface.

2Swap:

Other than MFF, do any of these browsers have tracking feature too?

2swap

• friend
  • : 4 5 ;
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2008, 02:04:04 PM »
2Swap:

Other than MFF, do any of these browsers have tracking feature too?
Nope. and even in FF it's optional. Well, you can of course be identified by IP, but that can't be avoided unless you use TOR or the like. ELinks and dillo lack both about anything resembling features.
: spin
  92 47 124 45 45 58 emit dup emit emit
  begin 8 emit dup emit swap 2swap key? until ;

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2008, 02:44:30 PM »
Oh, this is a big browsersecurity thread?

My 2 eurocents on the issue:

The safest browser: Elinks in the newest version. No features, no problems.

The best browser for those, who are chronically low on RAM but not desperate enough for a textbrowser: dillo. The little browser runs fine on my ancient craptop.

The best browser for those, who want features: Konqueror. It is very well integrated with everything in KDE. much better than IE in Windows.

Opera might be okay, but it is... strange to use, I never got to like the interface.

If you want FF, better get Kazehakase. It renders pages as well, but has not such a clumsy interface.

EVery once in a while I fire up lynx, usually under cygwin on my WinXP laptop.  Text-only browsers are very handy in low-bandwidth locales.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

2swap

• friend
  • : 4 5 ;
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2008, 06:03:21 PM »
EVery once in a while I fire up lynx, usually under cygwin on my WinXP laptop.  Text-only browsers are very handy in low-bandwidth locales.
They indeed are. also, I can only use lynx if I want to DL many files from the college website. All other browsers suggest unreasonable filenames and it always takes a lot of time to fix it.
: spin
  92 47 124 45 45 58 emit dup emit emit
  begin 8 emit dup emit swap 2swap key? until ;

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2008, 08:51:10 PM »
Seems it was my AVG Safe Search that was crashing the browser.

I couldn't stand Safe Search with my often slow connection. It would seriously slow down my page load time.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G