Author Topic: Jay Leno & Michael Jackson  (Read 3990 times)

XLMiguel

Jay Leno & Michael Jackson
« on: March 12, 2005, 04:15:53 PM »
Did anyone catch Leno's monologue last night?  He really laid into Michael Jackson and just beat the crap out of him with his jokes, really cheap shots by most any standard.  Now, I have no particular use for Michael Jackson, and not much sympathy, either.  He creeps me out and I suspect he probably did what he's accused of, but I though Leno's attack was really mean-spirited.  

Jackson hasn't been convicted of anything yet, and I was pretty put off by the whole episode.  Jackson is a pathetic person, but I think Leno stooped too low.  I understand how he might be pi$$ed about the gag order, but I think this was a serious lapse in his professionalism and class -

Moondoggie

• friend
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2005, 04:46:13 PM »
Professional Classy Comedian?Huh?Huh?

I think you just created a new oxymoron!
Known from coast to coast, almost!

Unisaw

• friend
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2005, 08:51:34 PM »
I think that Jay Leno was really pissed that he has been subpoened as a defense witness and was potentially subject to the judge's gag order.  He had to get a ruling from the court to be able to tell jokes about Jackson.
Well, if you have the sudden urge to lick your balls you'll know you got the veterinary version... K Frame

XLMiguel

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2005, 03:00:27 PM »
I understand that, I don't blame him for being pissed, but I thought his reaction was over the top.  Michael Jsckson is a  sorry individual, as are all the dweebs that support him, but I though Leno stooped way low beating on him.  I realized that all comedy is at soneone's expense, and Jackson has a huge outstanding bill, but I just felt Leno was classless in that he  not only took a couple of shots, but continued to kick the crap out o him long after he had made a point.

Michael Jackson is indeed, a pathetic heap, but at some point, the only thing you accomplish in kicking  on a heap of Huh??, is splattering yourself with Huh?, know what I mean?

Smith

• friend
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2005, 02:14:20 AM »
I would like to see a transcript of what was said, as I missed the show.  I can't imagine anything being "too low" for "Jacko."

Sean Smith

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2005, 04:35:57 AM »
"Michael Jsckson is a  sorry individual"

If he really is a child molester, he's alot worse than that.  Of course, what pisses me off isn't him in particular, so much as the fact that child molesters tend to get off light in our justice system for some bizarre reason.  Think average sentences in the single digits even for high estimates.  But that's a whole other subject.

jamz

• friend
  • bleem
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2005, 05:04:31 AM »
Jay Leno is still alive?

waddyaknow.

Love, James
Everybody loves Magical Trevor

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2005, 10:34:04 AM »
as are all the dweebs that support him, but I though Leno stooped way low beating on him
Hey there. I actually like M. Jackson's music [Have 'Beat it' playing right now].  His politics aside, the man has an absolutely wonderful voice - and the way he sings can inspire even those who disagree with him [for example, I find "Earth Song" inspirational, though it probably inspires me in ways Mr. Jackson didn't foresee - I listen to it when writing some of my editorials]. Is the man strange? Possibly. Is the man guilty? Not until proven so by court. Is the man a great  artist? Definitely
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Sean Smith

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2005, 11:08:40 AM »
Being found guilty will probably just improve his popularity and enhance his artistic cachet.  He'll flee to France and get nominated for another Grammy.  He's the next Roman Polanski!  Or at least the next Victor Salva.

Phyphor

• friend
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2005, 05:50:32 PM »
http://www.nbc.com/nbc/The_Tonight_Show_with_Jay_Leno/monologues/  

Try there for Jay Leno's monologues, (the video clips, etc)
"You know what's messed-up about taxes?
You don't even pay taxes. They take tax.
You get your check, money gone.
That ain't a payment, that's a jack." - Chris Rock "Bigger and Blacker"
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour

MaterDei

• friend
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2005, 02:24:33 AM »
"Jay Leno is still alive?

waddyaknow."

Ditto

XLMiguel

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2005, 04:10:04 PM »
Child molesters tend to get their 'justice' in prison.

Phyphor

• friend
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2005, 03:39:29 PM »
In any case, I have no mercy for Whacko Jacko.  If Jay wants to make him his bitch jokewise, who cares?
Those that don't like it don't have to watch.
"You know what's messed-up about taxes?
You don't even pay taxes. They take tax.
You get your check, money gone.
That ain't a payment, that's a jack." - Chris Rock "Bigger and Blacker"
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour

BryanP

• friendly hermit
  • friend
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2005, 06:56:20 AM »
Quote from: Mike in VA
Child molesters tend to get their 'justice' in prison.
Child molesters are isolated in prison for that very reason.
"Inaccurately attributed quotes are the bane of the internet" - Abraham Lincoln