Author Topic: Anyone know the real scope of the UN threat to gun rights under the Obamanation?  (Read 2340 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Obviously John Bolton won't be appointed back as ambassador to the UN.   :angel:

How real is the threat of small arms treaties and embargoes from this organization? 
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Obviously John Bolton won't be appointed back as ambassador to the UN.

I wish him the best of luck in his future. I really appreciate a guy who has the stones to tell the UN where to stick it when necessary, versus kowtowing to protect our "global image" and not offend other countries. I have every reason to believe the next ambassador will be a doormat.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Rumor is that John Kerry is lobbying to be Sec of State........

We're sooooo screwed.......
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical

Whoa. Up until now, nothing made my blood run cold. That did.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Leatherneck

• friend
Why? Sec State has little real power.

TC
TC
RT Refugee

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim

He'll run around kissing hands and shaking babies, talking about his life in Europe when he was the son of an ambassador.

I'd be more worried about some liberal environut wiener becoming Secretary of the Interior, Some bleeding heart as Secretary of Housing and Development or some inept idiot as Secretary of Ag.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

RoadKingLarry

• friends
...some liberal environut wiener becoming Secretary of the Interior,

Some one like Al Gore maybe?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Standing Wolf

• friend
Anyone know the real scope of the UN threat to gun rights under the Obamanation?

You don't need to know all the fine details to figure two things: 1.) the threat is real, and 2.) it's on its way.
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Why? Sec State has little real power.

TC

The Secretary of State is America's primary face overseas in dealings with other nations and is chief developer of US international policy. That's an INCREDIBLE amount of ersatz power. State also is responsible for entering into treaty negotiations, hammering out the details for approval by Congress.

Kerry is a simpering Europhile and UN hugger whose main aims will be to ingratiate the United States back into the good graces of Europe by adoping the French "We Surrender, please love us" philosophy.

No. Kerry as Sec. State has monumental ability to do this nation's soverignity great damage.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Joe Demko

• friend
  • Marko Kloos was right about you.
Kerry is a simpering Europhile and UN hugger whose main aims will be to ingratiate the United States back into the good graces of Europe by adoping the French "We Surrender, please love us" philosophy.

You can accuse the French of many things, but I daresay wanting to be loved isn't on the list.
That's right... I'm a Jackbooted Thug AND a Juvenile Indoctrination Technician.  Deal with it.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
How real is the threat of small arms treaties and embargoes from this organization? 

Not very.   Worst case, it's another justification tossed in the pile next to "streets of blood" and "think of the children" for excuses to pass bans they wish to enact already.   No international treaty is valid without the consent of Congress.

"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Not very.   Worst case, it's another justification tossed in the pile next to "streets of blood" and "think of the children" for excuses to pass bans they wish to enact already.   No international treaty is valid without the consent of Congress.

Article II Sec 2 US Constitution

Section 2. The President shall be commander in chief of the Army and Navy of the United States, and of the militia of the several states, when called into the actual service of the United States; he may require the opinion, in writing, of the principal officer in each of the executive departments, upon any subject relating to the duties of their respective offices, and he shall have power to grant reprieves and pardons for offenses against the United States, except in cases of impeachment.

He shall have power, by and with the advice and consent of the Senate, to make treaties, provided two thirds of the Senators present concur; and he shall nominate, and by and with the advice and consent of the Senate, shall appoint ambassadors, other public ministers and consuls, judges of the Supreme Court, and all other officers of the United States, whose appointments are not herein otherwise provided for, and which shall be established by law: but the Congress may by law vest the appointment of such inferior officers, as they think proper, in the President alone, in the courts of law, or in the heads of departments.

The President shall have power to fill up all vacancies that may happen during the recess of the Senate, by granting commissions which shall expire at the end of their next session.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
It's a euphamism.  ;/