Author Topic: Sarah Palin "Snubs" Oprah  (Read 3815 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Sarah Palin "Snubs" Oprah
« on: December 04, 2008, 06:20:02 PM »
Meow.

---------------
Sarah Palin snubbing Oprah Winfrey? You Betcha
Smallscreen News
no go for Oprah...Republican Vice Presidential candidate Sarah Palin EPA/CHRIS GARDNER

The comely moose killing Governor of Alaska has bigger fish to fry than Oprah.

Oprah declares, “She talked to Greta. She talked to Matt. She talked to Larry. But she didn’t talk to me…”

It’s not Oprah Winfrey’s fault that former Vice Presidential candidate Sarah Palin hasn’t been a guest on her talk show yet, according to her.

Winfrey declared, “I said I would be happy to talk to Sarah Palin when the election was over... I went and tried to talk to Sarah Palin and instead she talked to Greta [Van Susteren]. She talked to Matt [Lauer]. She talked to Larry [King]. But she didn’t talk to me. But maybe she’ll talk to me now that she has a [multi-million dollar] book deal.”

When asked if Oprah will have Barack Obama on the show, she responded, “There’s always an open invitation for the president-elect and first lady.”

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
Re: Sarah Palin "Snubs" Oprah
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2008, 06:21:59 PM »
Good for Sarah.  =D

Oprah wouldn't have her on the show before the election, so why now?  ;/
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2008, 06:27:15 PM »
It’s not Oprah Winfrey’s fault that former Vice Presidential candidate Sarah Palin hasn’t been a guest on her talk show yet, according to her.

Bull. She snubbed Palin before the election, when being on the show would have helped. Why should Palin kiss Oprah's ring now?

Lee

• friend
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2008, 06:57:18 PM »
Ha ha ha ...maybe OW should have Harry Reid on her show.

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2008, 06:58:04 PM »
My respect for Sarah just keeps growing...

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2008, 07:21:23 PM »

Good for her!  Got a linkey on that?
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2008, 07:25:12 PM »
She just keeps getting better, doesn't she?
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Don't care

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2008, 07:43:08 PM »
Winfrey needs Governor Palin on her show, more than Governor Palin needs her to promote a book.

If she needs higher television ratings, Winfrey can always call upon the same, tired, liberal friends to appear on the show. It's readily apparent that keeping nothing of substance on the show, will hurt the number of current stupid viewers it has.

Keep stickin' it to 'em Sarah!

Gowen

• Metal smith
  • friend
    • Gemoriah.com
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2008, 08:32:10 PM »
My respect for Sarah just keeps growing...

ditto
"That's my hat, I'm the leader!" Napoleon the Bloodhound

Gemoriah.com

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2008, 09:03:39 PM »
Dear Guv. Palin,

Oprah is miffed that you refuse be part of her plantation.  You will therefore be tagged as someone unfriendly to media.

I suggest you go out of your way to make yourself available to any and all media types wanting an up close and personal interview.  Book an interview in Alaska during some type of social interaction you enjoy, oh say, a moose hunt or a fishing trip or maybe a snowmobile race.  You know, control your own environment and introduce media coasties to a different world.  Should you want to delve into hard policy discussion, set up an interview at a remote location.  I suggest ANWR as a suitable location.  Perhaps you could actually conduct a sitdown interview on the very site the oil companies propose drilling.  Demand a few panoramic shots of the location.  To add even more impact, do it in the winter then suggest a followup interview in the summer during mosquito season.  Summer interviews could be supplemented with environmental shots of caribou herds and bears lounging around oil pipelines.

Guv. Palin, you are evidently a hot property to our buds in the media.  You can use your fame to really stick it to Luddite segments of our society.

Regards,

Waitone
APS
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2008, 09:07:32 PM »
I'm still chuckling from yesterday when I saw someone on TFL dub her "Caribou Barbie."

2012 ought to be hilarious.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2008, 09:46:07 PM »
Ha ha ha ...maybe OW should have Harry Reid on her show.

Harry said he'd like to, but there are too many plebians and serfs  people in the audience that have a bit of body odor, so he said he'd pass on the offer.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Don't care

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2008, 09:51:13 PM »
I'm still chuckling from yesterday when I saw someone on TFL dub her "Caribou Barbie."

2012 ought to be hilarious.

I still chuckle from watching her and Alec Baldwin interact in the SNL skit, when he mistakes the Guv for Tina Fey.

Baldwin: "What do they call her?"

Palin: "That'd be Caribou Barbie"

Coming from her lips, was absolutely priceless.

Silver Bullet

• friend
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2008, 11:10:01 PM »
The Democrats and liberalMedia need to start getting used to it.  There's going to be a lot more payback over the next four years.

BReilley

• Just a frog in a pond.
  • friend
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2008, 12:36:43 AM »
Good for Sarah.  =D

Oprah wouldn't have her on the show before the election, so why now?  ;/

Word.  Obama gave Oprah that tingly feeling up her leg.  What on Earth would she and Palin have to talk about now?  I respect Palin for having the balls to snub such a tool as Oprah.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2008, 02:24:32 AM »
sigh I love her sigh
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2008, 01:38:45 PM »
"Let's see... You want me to come on the show, so that you can abuse my principals and my family in front of an audience of millions? Hey, this is still a free country, 'sister!'"
Blog under construction

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2008, 02:13:48 PM »

No, I don't think anyone has anything bigger to fry.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 03:20:32 PM by Ex-MA Hole »
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

ArfinGreebly

• Level Three Geek
  • friend
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2008, 03:35:27 PM »
Oh, man.

=D

That's cold.

:laugh:
"Look at it this way. If America frightens you, feel free to live somewhere else. There are plenty of other countries that don't suffer from excessive liberty. America is where the Liberty is. Liberty is not certified safe."

buzz_knox

• friend
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2008, 03:51:15 PM »
Word.  Obama gave Oprah that tingly feeling up her leg.  What on Earth would she and Palin have to talk about now?  I respect Palin for having the balls to snub such a tool as Oprah.

Actually, I think Chris Matthews was the one with the tingly feeling.  I don't see Gov. Palin going on his show either.