Author Topic: Obama: Don't stock up on guns  (Read 18356 times)

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
Re: Obama: Don't stock up on guns
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2008, 09:17:03 AM »
An 8 year old walking into a gun store and buying a gun?  Well, only if he takes his older brother, age 10. =D

My father bought his first firearm over the counter, a Stevens .22, at age 12 in Bloomington, Indiana.  He purchased his first pistol at 15 with a note from my grandfather (Indiana had a law that one had to be 16 to buy a pistol, but this was often ignored if the parent said it was O.K.). 

Obama has told me that we need to find a "reasonable compromise" on guns.  The problem being that he believes Chicago is that reasonable compromise.

As to Barry's latest Ant Hill Directive, too late, I've been panic buying since 2004. =D
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

slugcatcher

• friend
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2008, 09:32:02 AM »
[quote Mitt Romney also said he believed in the Second Amendment and a ban on assault weapons . . . in one sentence.  :rolleyes:/quote]

Hank, I'm glad I'm not the only one who remembers that from the Fox debates. That one statement lost him any chance of ever getting my vote.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2008, 10:05:48 AM »
As to Barry's latest Ant Hill Directive, too late, I've been panic buying since 2004.

I've been doing that too, ever since AWB-I started pushing up daisies.  Neat thing is, I've also helped wake up other folks to the situation and "sponsored" some additional EBR and evil hi-cap pistol owners.

Do we have a similar acronym to EBR for wundernines and their like?  Obviously it wouldn't apply to the 1911, but there has to be a magic acronym for the Glock 17, Springfield XDm, CZ-75 and their "ilk."   =D
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

HankB

• friend
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2008, 10:25:27 AM »
Do we have a similar acronym to EBR for wundernines and their like? 
I've heard DA/SA pistols nicknamed "Crunchentickers" . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2008, 11:25:32 AM »
An 8 year old walking into a gun store and buying a gun?  Well, only if he takes his older brother, age 10. =D

My father bought his first firearm over the counter, a Stevens .22, at age 12 in Bloomington, Indiana.  He purchased his first pistol at 15 with a note from my grandfather (Indiana had a law that one had to be 16 to buy a pistol, but this was often ignored if the parent said it was O.K.). 

Obama has told me that we need to find a "reasonable compromise" on guns.  The problem being that he believes Chicago is that reasonable compromise.

As to Barry's latest Ant Hill Directive, too late, I've been panic buying since 2004. =D
Those times sounds like wonderful times indeed!
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2008, 11:32:48 AM »
Those times sounds like wonderful times indeed!

When I was that age I could have ordered most any gun through the mail. :)

Getting it past my mom would have been another problem ...  :rolleyes:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2008, 11:37:08 AM »

What!? You had a parent "supervising" you and making sure you didn't do anything she would disapprove of!???

That's downright tyrannical!!

Thankfully we don't put up with that crap anymore.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2008, 11:53:30 AM »

Sounds even better! =D
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2008, 12:00:06 PM »
What!? You had a parent "supervising" you and making sure you didn't do anything she would disapprove of!???

That is rather bizarre, isn't it ...?  =|
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Umber

« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2008, 12:37:46 PM »
Conversation last Friday evening at the Umber family's dinner table...  a Christmas story to warm an anti's tiny, shriveled heart.

Mrs. Umber:  I want something from Santa as an early Christmas gift.

Me:  What, Dear?

Mrs. Umber:  Something that shoots.

Me:  But, Dear... Santa just brought you a Glock 17 and 4 extra mags.  You like it better than your S & W .38 special don't you?

Mrs. Umber:  Hrumph!  That Glock's good enough for critters trying to kill my chickens, but I want something that SHOOTS.

Me:  Shoots?  Shoots what??

Mrs. Umber:  Something big.  I want Santa to bring me a Springfield XD .45 ACP.

Me:  Have you been on the computer again?

Mrs. Umber:  And extra mags.  And plenty of practice ammo and a few boxes of the good stuff, as you call it.  I've already called and Dan is holding an XD for me.

Me: (Rolling eyes) Yes, Dear.  Of course, Dear.  An XD.

Mrs. Umber:  More chicken, Sweetie?  Yes, here... take some more.  I know you prefer rifles, but have you ever thought about getting a .44 mag revolver?  A Ruger Super Redhawk maybe?

Me:  Can't say as I have, no.

Mrs. Umber.  Well, you should START thinking about one then.  I like the low glare finish on that stainless and I like a double action.  Don't you?  Do you have loading dies and brass?

Me: Not yet, Dear, but it looks like I'll have them soon. (muttering to myself: I've created a monster!)

Mrs. Umber:  Pie and ice cream for dessert, Sweetie?

Just so you folks know, I'm a dyed in the wool skinflint... but sometimes spending money is a good thing.  After running a couple boxes of ammo through the XD and another box through the Glock, Mrs. Umber was all smiles.  And that's what counts.

Wonder how that Redhawk's gonna shoot?  :laugh:

Umber

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2008, 01:46:52 PM »
Merged two threads...
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2008, 02:35:57 PM »
The EBR word for high cap 9mm pistols is "Pocket Rocket"

That and "Common Sense Gun Control" are products of Americans for Gun Safety & Violence Policy Center

I'm sure Naomi Seilgman is going return to roost at VPC soon

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Naomi_Seligman
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

Werewolf

• friend
  • Lead, Follow or Get the HELL out of the WAY!
« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2008, 03:48:41 PM »
No, he just assumes us lowly peasants were born yesterday, that we don't check voting records, that we don't check newspaper archives and such.

=| Wellllll...

He mostly assumes correctly if that is indeed what he assumes.
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love
truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

Fight Me Online

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2008, 03:51:48 PM »
=| Wellllll...

He mostly assumes correctly if that is indeed what he assumes.

How unfortunately true.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

eyebrows

• friend
« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2008, 06:15:42 PM »
We also have a violence on the streets that is the result of illegal handgun usage.

Ok then, our president elect thinks street violence is caused by guns. Just how unplugged from reality is this guy?

neviander

« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2008, 06:18:08 PM »
Would it kill a politician to say "Do what you want, this is America" GAR!   :mad:
"be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves."

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2008, 06:41:02 PM »
I wonder what O would say if people were stocking up on crucifixes and bibles ...?   =|

BReilley

• Just a frog in a pond.
  • friend
« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2008, 12:39:33 AM »
I wonder what O would say if people were stocking up on crucifixes and bibles ...?   =|

...or pitchforks and torches?

^^^ NOT A RACIST REMARK.  Just a freaking joke.  You sick, twisted freak.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2008, 12:41:02 AM »
...or pitchforks and torches?

^^^ NOT A RACIST REMARK.  Just a freaking joke.  You sick, twisted freak.

Racist would be stocking up on rope and sheets...

Just sayin'

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #44 on: December 10, 2008, 12:44:04 AM »
Would it kill a politician to say "Do what you want, this is America" GAR!

A few do, but they get called nut-cases and their supporters are accused of wearing Wookiee suits and living in their mom's basements.  ;/
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2008, 01:13:31 AM »
A few do, but they get called nut-cases and their supporters are accused of wearing Wookiee suits and living in their mom's basements.  ;/

Only when they go beyond simple libertarian thought and bring the crazy.

Which is what they keep doing. It's like

"Okay, makes sense." "Okay." "Okay, I can agree with that." "...What? That's a silly conspiracy theory." "Oh my god these people are nuts." 

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #46 on: December 10, 2008, 07:06:16 AM »
I remember when comic books advertised that Savage .22/.410 over and under on the back page. It showed a Dad taking his kid out to shoot one and they were using old 78 rpm records for targets. Always wanted one of those guns but alas, Mom wouldn't let me have one either. Got one now though!  Great squirrel gun...  =D
Avoid cliches like the plague!

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #47 on: December 10, 2008, 07:21:56 AM »
Only when they go beyond simple libertarian thought and bring the crazy.

Crazy being defined 'what I personally disagree with'.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

erictank

• friends
« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2008, 07:26:08 AM »
The EBR word for high cap 9mm pistols is "Pocket Rocket"

That and "Common Sense Gun Control" are products of Americans for Gun Safety & Violence Policy Center

I'm sure Naomi Seilgman is going return to roost at VPC soon

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Naomi_Seligman

I thought "pocket rocket" was EBR-speak for any concealable pistol considered suitable for defensive use?

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #49 on: December 10, 2008, 09:15:43 AM »
Crazy being defined 'what I personally disagree with'.

No, crazy being:

"We should ignore the electronic global transactions for the value of goods and services and go back to a 19th century standard of a shiny, nearly useless metal that is stockpiled in quantity by some of our economic enemies."

and

"9/11 was an inside job."