Author Topic: URGENT READ: Internet Explorer security alert  (Read 760 times)

Don't care

URGENT READ: Internet Explorer security alert
« on: December 16, 2008, 04:11:15 AM »
Users of the world's most common web browser have been advised to switch to another browser until a serious security flaw has been fixed.

The flaw in Microsoft's Internet Explorer could allow criminals to take control of people's computers and steal their passwords, internet experts say.

Underline is poster's emphasis

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/7784908.stm
« Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 04:15:46 AM by Don't care »

Regolith

• friend
Re: URGENT READ: Internet Explorer security alert
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2008, 04:37:57 AM »
Heh.  Good thing I never use it.  Firefox FTW.  =D
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2008, 10:30:42 AM »
Who the hell is still using Internet Explorer? You might as well park a brand-new BMW in a bad neighborhood with the doors unlocked.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2008, 10:32:13 AM »
Who the hell is still using Internet Explorer? You might as well park a brand-new BMW in a bad neighborhood with the doors unlocked.

Some of us have no choice (at work, at least).

Looks like I'll need to make sure my wife is using the firefox I installed on her computer...
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought