Author Topic: Stargate Atlantis Music - A Little Help?  (Read 1105 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Stargate Atlantis Music - A Little Help?
« on: January 02, 2009, 10:42:06 PM »
Any of you that watch Stargate Atlantis, do you have any idea what music is playing in some of the desert scenes in this week's episode "Vegas"? Not the Johnny Cash stuff or the metal, but the almost surf music-like guitar instrumentals.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

ilbob

• friend
    • Bob's blog
Re: Stargate Atlantis Music - A Little Help?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2009, 11:46:43 PM »
I gather the end is near for SG-A. Too bad. I liked both SG-SG1 and SG-A. I hope the SciFi channel finds something as good to replace it with. I am pretty sure it is not Sanctuary, although it has its moments.
bob

Disclaimers: I am not a lawyer, cop, soldier, gunsmith, politician, plumber, electrician, or a professional practitioner of many of the other things I comment on in this forum.

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2009, 10:22:07 AM »
The new stargate seems like it will be lame since it focuses on the interpersonal relationships of the crew of a ship.  I'll be watching that episode in a few minutes and if it rings a bell I'll chime in.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2009, 11:27:41 AM »
I didn't know a new one was coming out. I just looked at a preview website. I'll give it a chance when it premieres, but reading the character descriptions, other than the team lead, it kinda sounds like Stargate 90210.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

HankB

• friend
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2009, 11:30:34 AM »
. . . I hope the SciFi channel finds something as good to replace it with . . .
Considering it's the Sci-Fi channel, don't be surprised if the replacement involves one or more giant snakes . . .  ;/

Interesting how they chose Johnny Cash's version of Solitary Man rather than Neil Diamond's original . . . well, at least they used the 'Stones verson of Sympathy for the Devil when the wraith was roaming . . .

I wonder what they were trying to get at when they said that Shepard had "a relationship" with the medic he unsuccessfully tried to rescue . . . and after a dishonorable discharge for an incident that was covered up for political reasons, he still became a cop? Alternate reality, indeed.  
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2009, 11:35:26 AM »
Interesting how they chose Johnny Cash's version

The Shepard character is a Johnny Cash fan, so I'm guessing that's why.

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2009, 01:13:19 PM »
Stargate 90210

Wait a moment, did'nt they already do that?
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.