Author Topic: ups virus?  (Read 958 times)

geronimotwo

• friend
ups virus?
« on: January 06, 2009, 07:14:42 PM »
i just received an email from "united postal service". it reads...
Hello!

Sorry, we were not able to deliver postal package you sent on December the 25th in time
because the recipient’s address is not correct.

Please print out the invoice copy attached and collect the package at our office.

Your UPS Support Team

seems suspicious as ups = united parcel service, and there is no heading, package # etc. came with an attachment "upsinvoice.zip"
avg scanned it and said it was potentially hazardous.

has anyone seen this, or heard of a problem?

update.... after having avg look at the file, my desktop lost all it's icons breifly......i am now running avg on my whole system....
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 07:28:18 PM by geronimotwo »
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

MicroBalrog

• friend
Re: ups virus?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 07:23:45 PM »
Delete it. Legit companies don't send .zip attachments.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

jackdanson

• friend
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2009, 09:00:13 PM »
Definetly not legit.  I work at UPS and everything is officialy UPS now anyway.  We officialy changed our name from United Parcel Service to UPS.  I've never heard of any emails being sent out to anyone like this.  Furthermore, they definetly would have included the tracking number... those are the lifeblood of our system. 

If you really delivered a package call UPS, they should be able to tell you what is going down with it.  A clerk can look up your shipment, even if you don't know the tracking number, in 5 minutes.

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2009, 09:54:10 PM »
Sometimes when compruters do works the icons will go away briefly.  I wouldn't worry too much...
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.