Author Topic: 2nd Amendment case (Nordyke/Incorporation) heard today, 9th circuit  (Read 887 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
A great time was had by all, with the exception of the anti lawyer who seemed to tell
the judge that Heller decision means all guns can be banned in D.C  :lol: ;/ =D
(ianal, ymmv, I don't really speak legalese)
Over 100 gunnies, Don Kates, and one armedpolitesociety rep....darn!
I forgot to lay the blame on fistful if we lose.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=145478
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Re: 2nd Amendment case (Nordyke/Incorporation) heard today, 9th circuit
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2009, 10:49:33 AM »
A guy on page 7 of that thread raised this question:

Quote from: gd-bh on Calguns
A dumb question...with all the hubub about not wanting to "sell" the gun on public property. Are these gun shows 11 days or longer? With relatively few exceptions, when you give a merchant money at a gun at a gun show for a weapon, you aren't going to take possession of said weapon until at least 10 24 hour periods later, which unless the gun show is 11 days or longer, means the gun wouldn't ever be possessed on county property. Did anyone point that out to the boy genius on the anti's side?

I'm just a naive Arizonan, complacent with the idea of purchasing a firearm from another fella with a simple cash transaction and a handshake. 

How DO gunshows work in California?  If I had a 10 day waiting period to buy anything, I don't think I'd ever go to a gunshow.  Too much disincentive. 
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Sawdust

• friend
Re: 2nd Amendment case (Nordyke/Incorporation) heard today, 9th circuit
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2009, 11:57:49 AM »
I'm just a naive Arizonan, complacent with the idea of purchasing a firearm from another fella with a simple cash transaction and a handshake. 

How DO gunshows work in California?  If I had a 10 day waiting period to buy anything, I don't think I'd ever go to a gunshow.  Too much disincentive.   
Posted on: January 15, 2009, 07:44:27 PMPosted by: gunsmith 

The 10 day waiting period is not unique to gun shows - it applies to the purchase of any gun.

Buy from your local shop, pick it up ten days later.

A sale between two private parties requires the transaction be conducted through an FFL; the two parties either meet at a shop, or the seller ships the firearm to an FFL designated by the buyer.

No doubt, the ten day waiting period is lame; it was intended to keep hotheads from purchasing a gun and then stepping out of the shop and start spraying boolits.

Never mind that you may already have an 'arsenal' at home. The state doesn't even make an exception for holders of CCWs...sigh.

Sawdust
Retain what's coming in; send off what is retreating.

Well, you going to pull those pistols boy,
or just whistle Dixie?

I'm your huckleberry.