Author Topic: Florida Keys/Everglades?  (Read 1080 times)

Nathaniel Firethorn

• friend
  • Extra Thorny
Florida Keys/Everglades?
« on: November 06, 2005, 01:20:46 PM »
Hi, all,

Mrs. Firethorn and I are thinking about going to the Keys and Everglades mid-December. Any recos on out-of-the-way places to stay, go, and do?

Thanks,
- NF
Give up no state. Give up no ground.

http://www.njcsd.org

Florida Keys/Everglades?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2005, 03:27:45 PM »
In the Glades:

If'n you cast a spinner bait on the other side of "that log", with intentions of "bumping" said spinner bait back over - and letting drop down in front of "log" and the log moves - like comes smooth out of the water with big bad teeth - long pointy head - that ain't a log you cast over.  *whoa*

In the Keys:

Gotta do Key West, Visit Hemingway's home, see the six toed cats, and find out why there is a penny glued to the side of his swimming pool.  You have to go to Sloppy Joes,  not that one - the 'other" Sloppy Joes where  Hemingway hung out.  

Suggest youvisit Mel...Mel - aw phooey - Mel Fisher's Atoka exibit and all the treasures [ almost had a brain fade there].

Sunsets in the evening, while waiting  view the "stupid egg trick" , Meet the "Cookie Lady" and all the folks on the strip.
Next evening make reservations on one them Clipper Ships you will see. Eat on the Clipper ship, take in the Sunset that way.

If you drive from the mainland to Key West ...bring extra washer fluid.  That salt spray on that l-o-n-g bridge is something else. Especially at night.

Have fun, and do take extra spinner baits, and watch them "logs".

grampster

• friend
Florida Keys/Everglades?
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2005, 03:39:09 PM »
Google up greatlocations.com.  Request they send you the books.  This handy dandy little guide will tell you most everything you need to mope around in the Keys.  I'd tell you where we stay in KW but I don't want to ruin my chances of getting in. *grin*

KW is pricey but a good place to spend a couple days people watching, and eating fine sea food at reasonable prices. If you actually decide to go there, let me know and I'll give you some suggestions.  If you like to tipple, KW offers many oportunities as well.  The rest of the Keys offers a unique way of life at a relaxed pace.  The fishing is great as is diving and other water sports.  Just laying around is a great adventure as well.

Great Locations is chock full of coupons etc.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw