Author Topic: #*!@&$%^!  (Read 2150 times)

Paddy

#*!@&$%^!
« on: November 09, 2005, 02:47:42 PM »
(#@!!#@ former employer and their %$! COBRA.  I pay the premium and they fail to update the insurance coverage.  Two weeks now and a dozen runaround phone calls to IDIOTS!  $#@&! circlejerk back and forth with HR.  And this place is a HOSPITAL SYSTEM who should have it's act together. MORONS!

whew. thanks for letting me vent.

Parker Dean

• friend
#*!@&$%^!
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2005, 03:56:23 PM »
You might as well go lawyer up, because they're trying to get out of it by claiming some sort of paperwork error.

For example, some years ago my mother worked for a municipality around here and she had the medical insurance they offered. From what I understand the policy also covered cancer at an extra cost which she had been paying for years. She did develop breast cancer and suddenly her policy didn't cover cancer but "we mistakenly took your money so here's a refund". I was young and stupid and thought she knew what she was doing by accepting the refund, but I now know she should've sued.

Don't be nice. Don't be understanding. Go get yourself an attack shark tomorrow.

edit: and they're not morons. They know EXACTLY what they're doing. The stupid act is to put you off-guard.

Standing Wolf

• friend
#*!@&$%^!
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2005, 07:00:47 PM »
Parker Dean has nailed it, sad to say.
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

Seymour Skinner

#*!@&$%^!
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2005, 12:41:51 AM »
Hmm, that 200 billion in Iraq would have paid for how many years of national health care?  I would've voted against the medicare/medicaid acts back when we were a semi free and partially solvent nation, but since we've got 'em entrenched AND and no fiscal restraint, I say nationalize the whole damn mess.  Some say that would caues "rationing" and poor quality.  For 1/3rd of the entire nation that would be an improvement over nothing.  A large percentage of people have to turn down the expensive sham health care plan that their employer "offers."  The dirtly little secret is that most of this country is enrolled in the DON'TGETSICK health care plan  (Well, except the illegals.  We roll out the red carpet for whatever surgeries they need, but your neighbor's daughter has to put a plastic tub at the grocery store to collect pennies to pay for her liver transplant)

TarpleyG

• friend
#*!@&$%^!
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2005, 02:59:45 AM »
Hmm, that 200 billion in Iraq would have paid for how many years of national health care?
Not very much at all with the cost of healthcare.  Besides, a national healtcare system will not work...just look to Canada and the UK and you can plainly see that.

Greg

Art Eatman

• friend
#*!@&$%^!
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2005, 03:43:03 AM »
Masterpiece, the US economy is around $12 trillion.  Fourteen percent (14%) of that is for medical business activity.

That's what, $1.68 trillion?  $200 billion would be 12% of that, or roughly a month and an half.

But, yeah, you could add another $1.68 trillion to the $2.6 trillion national budget.  Why not?  What's a little deficit among friends?

TANSTAAFL.

Smiley, Art
The American Indians learned what happens when you don't control immigration.

Paddy

#*!@&$%^!
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2005, 04:58:59 AM »
You might as well go lawyer up, because they're trying to get out of it by claiming some sort of paperwork error.
That's good advice and what I'll do if its not resolved by the end of the week.   I am making some progress, but it's very frustrating because they keep passing the buck-you know how that goes.  They're so dysfunctional they don't even know what their own procedure is.  I worked there 4 years under 3 different owners, and while the hospitals went through one bankruptcy.  The most recent owner is a huge western states not for profit hospital system, top heavy with management and floating on a sea of cash.  Litigation against them is not off the table.

brimic

• friends
#*!@&$%^!
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2005, 05:43:02 AM »
Hmm, that 200 billion in Iraq would have paid for how many years of national health care?
Don't kid yourself. Even with National health care, the insurance company would still have their greedy little fingers in it. 200 billion would buy them some really nice new monuments to themselves.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
#*!@&$%^!
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2005, 10:30:18 AM »
I've found threatening to tell it all to the various local media usually gets their attention.

Most modern of the worlds biggest lies: "We didn't get the FAX."

Wink
Avoid cliches like the plague!

Seymour Skinner

#*!@&$%^!
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2005, 01:54:56 AM »
I didn't expect the high level of ignorance in the responses related to national health care.  I don't know how you DON'T know that as we speak, most money in the health care economy is coming from government (medicare, medicaid, VA, chip, and last but not least, tax $$ spent on government employee's health care).  Several of you took what I said and twisted it as if the $200 billion would have to be spread across the entire nation, replacing the current socialized medicine expenditures, conveniently forgetting that we RIGHT NOW have national health care under different names.  That $200 that was blown/wasted/squandered in Iraq would only need to go for the uninsured (which does not include most kids because of medicaid and chip).

See, when you include the whole picture, that $200 billion in wasted Federal Reserve notes would have EASILY  completed the national health care umbrella that ALREADY EXISTS.  What we have now could be likened to a roof that is 75% finished.  The portion that is unfinished (the uninsured-mostly adults) is all that the $200 billion wasted in Iraq would need to be aimed at.

The cocky previous responses to my post were written without even realizing that we already have a vast socialized health care system.  Those writers need to take a glance at reality.  

The most common nonsense phrase people pull out so they don't have to have a real debate is "Just look at Canada and the UK."  The dirty little secret is that we are actually CLOSER to Canada and the UK at the moment than we are to an actual free medical market.  The elements where our medical system is better than the UK and Canada are really only enjoyed by the wealthy.  

The previous posters are so hung up on their pro american ego trip that they don't even notice the thousands of americans every year who ditch this medical hell hole.  Americans are flocking to several other countries where they can get treatments the corrupt FDA won't allow here, many of these countries at 1/10th the cost, where there are plenty of nurses, and where they can recouperate in near luxury (true, you can't sue sue sue like you can here, but still, not bad if you ask me!)  I especially love how people try and trash the quality of health care in other countries when we have 100,000 being killed every year in america by stupid medical mistakes (many times related to lack of nurses, which isn't a problem in places like Thailand). rolleyes

The bottom line, is that if we didn't have pure evil in the white house, that wasted $200 billion, combined with the socialized healthcare we ALREADY HAVE, combined with putting those existing government health plans under ONE ROOF, equals a vast improvement that we have forfeited.

Paddy

#*!@&$%^!
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2005, 11:51:16 AM »

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
#*!@&$%^!
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2005, 09:39:11 PM »
Well, I see Masterpiece has lost none of his charm...

How long you going to tuck and hide this time, son?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.