Author Topic: Two Luzerne County, PA judges admit taking kickbacks  (Read 19347 times)

Don't care

deleted
« Reply #50 on: February 15, 2009, 11:01:12 PM »
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 01:10:56 PM by Don't care »

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: Two Luzerne County, PA judges admit taking kickbacks
« Reply #51 on: February 15, 2009, 11:09:35 PM »
i can walk less than 10 blocks from the capital and it gets pretty lively. i think over by rfk is the best place to tour  we can cross the bridge look at the buildings in anacostia
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #52 on: February 15, 2009, 11:20:49 PM »
"Bad Parts" of DC?

Try Capital Hill. The people there are so bad, they just put our great grandchildren in debt.

And they do it during the daylight, as well as the darkness of night.

At one point, there was a thread here about police cordoning off some "bad" parts of D.C.  CS&D argued the area was so terrible that people who didn't live there had no place to argue against the measure. Then he challenged his opponents to go for a walk in these places at night.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

• friends
« Reply #53 on: February 15, 2009, 11:27:54 PM »
How will visiting a boot  camp (something I'm happy to take you up on) going to prove me wrong?

it might not.  it will mean you will have a clue about what you are talking about. as opposed to posting aboot some camp for bad lil rich kids to go to as an alternative to juvi you would see what a boot camp prison is like.
you "volunteer" for one  get sentenced to the other
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #54 on: February 15, 2009, 11:32:43 PM »
Actually the volunteering part exists mostly in your own imagination. Read the reports that are linked to from that article. A lot of people are there on court orders, or are sent there by their families - again, against their will. None of this is voluntary in any traditional understanding of the word.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

• friends
« Reply #55 on: February 15, 2009, 11:38:49 PM »
its voluntary in the sense that they have screwed up and volunteer to go there as opposed to the house of many doors. and its not a shock to me that some of the poor entiltled victims don't fare well and whine.  it goes with the territory.   not to say that the group you posted a link to wasn't fubar but i am suspicious of anyplace like that where the "guests" don't complain. the major missing component in many of these "poor kids" is a foot up their tail. but sensitively and compassionatly done in a very pc way :angel:

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #56 on: February 16, 2009, 12:01:35 AM »
Oh I am sorry, people in prisons are not people nor are their complaints valid. :rolleyes:

Don't care

deleted
« Reply #57 on: February 16, 2009, 06:12:42 AM »
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 01:10:17 PM by Don't care »

• friends
« Reply #58 on: February 16, 2009, 07:15:01 AM »
Oh I am sorry, people in prisons are not people nor are their complaints valid. :rolleyes:

no you're not yes they are and most of the time they are bs. the only thing worse for complaining about nothing is college kids  and maybe soldiers

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #59 on: February 16, 2009, 07:49:22 AM »
This one's getting way off the reservation.  Try bringing it a little back on topic gents.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

• friends
« Reply #60 on: February 16, 2009, 10:02:41 AM »
ok i think those judges in a boot camp with their id known could generate a new personal best time in the 100 yard flee for them both.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #61 on: February 16, 2009, 11:03:40 AM »
Is it likely the kids sold to the facility will be able to hold the judges liable in a civil court? Any chance of getting federtal charges brought? What about the company that bribed them; any penalties for them?
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Don't care

« Reply #62 on: February 16, 2009, 02:29:35 PM »
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 01:08:58 PM by Don't care »

Krispy Jordan

« Reply #63 on: March 22, 2012, 10:59:56 PM »
There is really no dependable proof which actually supports that boot camp programs are indeed effective. Some teens have benefited from its existence while others have negative experiences wherein the effects have been irreversible. The effectiveness of a boot camp, ultimately differs from teen to teen.

There are also other popular intervention programs aside from boot camps. There are therapeutic boarding schools, wilderness programs, and residential treatment programs designed to help a child in crisis but work in a different way. There's alot of information in here about boot camps that I found helpful.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #64 on: March 22, 2012, 11:47:15 PM »
Zombie thread
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #65 on: March 23, 2012, 12:00:23 AM »
Zombie thread

Lucky for us we know how to deal with zombie's.

And since this is APS, we can now take an old three page thread and start talking about something completely different.

jim
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #66 on: March 23, 2012, 08:09:09 AM »
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #67 on: March 23, 2012, 08:38:20 AM »

Ciavarella was sentenced to 28 years in federal prison.
Conahan was sentenced to 17-and-a-half years in federal prison.

The PA Supreme Court overturned hundreds of juvenile convictions, and there is a civil RICO case against everyone involved.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #68 on: March 23, 2012, 09:27:56 AM »
Please please *PLEEEEASE* tell me it's a Federal PMITA prison....

Well.  More a PTITA prison.  Not me...   :O

yes, yes, I know.  Prison Rape is bad.  I really do know that.  But if anyone ever deserved it, it's these two scumbags
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #69 on: March 23, 2012, 10:03:14 AM »

No, minimum security prisons.  They're judges, and thus afforded consideration.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #70 on: March 23, 2012, 10:54:47 AM »
No, minimum security prisons.  They're judges, and thus afforded consideration.

If they are like evry judge i met, this will be highly unpleasant, in that others will be telling them what to do all the time.  In my experience, the kind of people who end up as judges have egos such that they like very much telling others what to do, and not at all having to do what others say.

That said, these two earned all the hardships they get.  Violating every bit of trust given to them and destroying hundreds of lives in the process...
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #71 on: March 23, 2012, 11:12:27 AM »
If they are like evry judge i met, this will be highly unpleasant, in that others will be telling them what to do all the time.  In my experience, the kind of people who end up as judges have egos such that they like very much telling others what to do, and not at all having to do what others say.

That said, these two earned all the hardships they get.  Violating every bit of trust given to them and destroying hundreds of lives in the process...

They were convicted on the money aspects. This has caused folks to be less than pleased. They should have been convicted on the crimes they committed against thousands of children. The political types pointed out, some justice is better than no justice. Cue "Law Abiding Citizen" thoughts from some folks, unfortunately.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #72 on: March 23, 2012, 11:26:47 AM »
Their victims will be adults when they get out of prison. At least some of those adults will have experience doing violence, either legitimate through .mil service etc or through criminal activity. Wouldn't surprise me if the judges went missing after they are released.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #73 on: March 23, 2012, 12:08:41 PM »
Cue "Law Abiding Citizen" thoughts from some folks, unfortunately.

Color me unfortunate.
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #74 on: March 23, 2012, 03:20:30 PM »

Spending more than a few minutes thinking about it is not good for one's blood pressure.

Wouldn't surprise me if the judges went missing after they are released.

Hear that?
<crickets>
That's me not crying for them in that unfortunate eventuality.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton