Author Topic: Poverty in Appalachia  (Read 4772 times)

freedom lover

• resident high school student
  • "Who is the Coon?"
Re: 10 pm EST tonight: Poverty in Appalachia
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2009, 04:53:15 PM »
WTF do you know about hillbillies living in Reston?

Calm down. I don't even know where Reston is, so nothing I guess. Besides, I very much doubt I live in your state.

Don't care

deleted
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2009, 04:55:39 PM »
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 01:12:45 PM by Don't care »

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2009, 04:58:32 PM »
Are there any hillbillies in Reston, VA?

No, it's yuppie central.

Chris

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2009, 04:59:42 PM »
Calm down. I don't even know where Reston is, so nothing I guess. Besides, I very much doubt I live in your state.

Funny, your IP info has you connecting via Reston.   The Bell Atlantic Central Office at Campus Commons to be precise. 

Chris

freedom lover

• "Who is the Coon?"
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2009, 05:12:06 PM »
I've never even been to Virginia. I don't know much about it, or about hillbillys to be fair. They're getting rare. I'm from a state far to the north that has very draconian gun laws. Between here and Buffalo there are a few hillbilly types. 

freedom lover

• "Who is the Coon?"
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2009, 05:20:36 PM »
Funny, your IP info has you connecting via Reston.   The Bell Atlantic Central Office at Campus Commons to be precise. 
Chris

I don't know how that kind of thing works. I'd guess my home is connected by copper lines to servers in a nearby big city. Those might be down right now and I'm being rerouted to Reston. The phone company used to be Bell Atlantic, now it's Verizon. You can only track me to my local server, not my house, right? In any case, why the heck were you snooping? I suppose it was because you were offended. I never claimed to be an authority on hillbillys.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2009, 11:23:40 PM »
"You can only track me to my local server, not my house, right? In any case, why the heck were you snooping?"

We can tell you what room of the house you're posting from, actually. Octets are that precise.

And we aren't snooping. We staff, that information is available to us immediately.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2009, 11:41:35 PM »

Chris

I'm honestly not sure how you arrived at that conclusion.  Trace route?

My resources place it in NY.  I won't post the city unless freedom lover doesn't mind.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2009, 11:51:08 PM »
I did some further digging and it turns out I was wrong with regards to the location.  The ARIN info says Campus Commons in Reston, but that is only the corporate contact info I guess.  I don't know why Campus Commons is VZ's contact though, I never considered it a primary site.  It certainly wasn't before BA merged with GTE to form Verizon.  My company (at the time) leased office and data center space there (I worked there for nearly 3 years). 

Especially odd considering VZ has a mondo huge HQ building in Dulles ever since sucking up MCI.  Also odd considering what else VZ runs out of Campus Commons.  That's why I assumed it was a local Central Office and not a larger operation.

Anyway, I was wrong and I apologize.

Chris

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2009, 07:01:11 PM »
Some don't.

Those folks truely are poor then.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.