Author Topic: I guess the economy can wait a few more days  (Read 2367 times)

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
I guess the economy can wait a few more days
« on: February 16, 2009, 12:12:52 PM »
"If we don't pass it now, the economy may never recover"
Rush rush rush hurry hurry don't read just sign it!

And then this crap:
http://www.nypost.com/seven/02152009/news/nationalnews/whats_the_rush__155255.htm

Lennyjoe

• friend
Re: I guess the economy can wait a few more days
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 04:00:41 PM »
Amazing isn't it.  They were in such a hurry that Congress and Senate didn't even read it and now BHO decides to wait until Tuesday to sign the crap. 

BTW, can you start posting the story in your threads so I can read them on my blackberry?  Can't navigate to the story whenever I'm reading posts on my blackberry.  Thanks dude! =D

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 05:16:38 PM »
If he keeps that attitude up he'll be more hated than Bush by the masses.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2009, 05:22:55 PM »
Probably waiting until Tuesday cause holiday Monday TV ratings aren't the best.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2009, 05:29:48 PM »
Tuesday is a better day for the photoshoot. Today, Monday, all of the "important" congress peeps are enjoying the three day weekend.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

HankB

• friend
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2009, 07:36:58 PM »
Wow - on the job for less than a month, and already he has to take a mini-vacation . . . poor guy!

Anyway, the bill was passed Friday.

If BHO was smart, he'd wait until Wednesday or even Thursday to sign it - then he could say he kept his campaign promise (this time!) and didn't sign it until it was posted for 5 days.

But he won't.

Confirming my earlier suspicion that he's just another empty suit, and the truth is not in him.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Don't care

deleted
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2009, 07:55:51 PM »
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 12:36:12 PM by Don't care »

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2009, 08:44:44 PM »
So remind me again.....

What was it that the American public had hoped? What really has changed?

They hoped for things to be better.  Surprise, it isn't.  Gee, maybe putting one's faith in a Chicago politician to save the world was a bad idea?
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2009, 01:42:24 PM »
If he keeps that attitude up he'll be more hated than Bush by the masses.

I could be wrong, but I doubt most Americans are even seeing this angle of the story, if they're seeing the story at all.  I don't take in much establishment media, but I'm going to guess the story is being covered as "Aw, they're still in love.  Isn't that sweet?"  Then the news today is that Obama is saving the economy by signing the bill.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

doczinn

• friend
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2009, 01:49:16 PM »
If the economy begins to recover any time in the next five years, he and his stimulus bill will get the credit.
D. R. ZINN

Leatherneck

• friend
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2009, 07:31:10 PM »
If the economy begins to recover any time in the next five years, he and his stimulus bill will get the credit.

Alternate theory: If the economy doesn't show signs of recovery in the next year, Obama goes into the history books as a one-term president who accomplished nothing. Hastened to his grave in history by a pissed-off public and the Republican majority in Congress elected in 2010 after the lack of recovery became obvious.

TC
TC
RT Refugee

FTA84

• friend
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2009, 08:35:08 PM »
Alternate theory: If the economy doesn't show signs of recovery in the next year, Obama goes into the history books as a one-term president who accomplished nothing. Hastened to his grave in history by a pissed-off public and the Republican majority in Congress elected in 2010 after the lack of recovery became obvious.

TC

Tertiary theory (Based on the modern views of FDR):

The extreme left will view it as a having shortened the recession and Obama is a hero.
The extreme right will view it as having prolonged the recession and Obama is a failure.
The rest of America will forget it ever happened and Obama is just another ex-president.

Bottom line:  There will always be theories about how it repaired or destroyed the economy.  The only known truth is that it was done and that the resulting economy is the resulting economy.