Author Topic: RAISE TAXES!!!!!!!111111one  (Read 6405 times)

Seenterman

• friend
Re: RAISE TAXES!!!!!!!111111one
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2009, 11:31:14 AM »
They taught it in my high school.

It was a private school.

There is no way they are going to tell you about it in government school.

QFT

LoL yea I went to public that explains it. Had no idea this was taught in private school, would make sence to bad our "leaders" dont think so.

So back on topic, I get 32.75% of my check robbed by Uncle Sam every month for all city, state, and federal taxes (I get paid once a month if that changes anything) does anyone know what the percentages are like for people with a higher income?

Werewolf

• friend
  • Lead, Follow or Get the HELL out of the WAY!
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2009, 04:46:23 PM »
There is no way they are going to tell you about it in government school.

The purpose of public school is not to educate, and especially not to reveal the truth. This raises generations that are quite happy with their net pay and don't release how much the government is stealing from their gross pay. The deductions and illusion of "refunds" keep them happy.
People are really, really stupid when it comes to taxes.

A guy I met at the grocery store the other day was telling me how he never pays any income tax. He always gets a refund.

Really?, So you got a refund last year, right?

Right?

How much?

By now you're asking yourself why is a guy in a grocery store I just met telling me such things. Started out as a discussion of living expenses in VT vs OK, one thing lead to another...

Anyway he got about $3K refund last year.

How much was with held from your pay check? (I really didn't expect him to know) but <gomer pyle voice> Surprise, surprise, surprise!

About $6K says he?

So you gave the feds 6000 dollars and they gave you back 3000 of it, right?

Right...

They kept $3000, right?

Right...

The bell still hasn't gone off in his head...

So you paid 3000 dollars to the feds.

No, they gave me 3000.

At this point I take a really, really deep breath - the frustration level is rising to volcanic proportions.

No. You got back 3000 of the 6000 you paid them. So you paid them 3000.
<confused look on his face>

But... I got a check for $3000. I didn't have to pay taxes.

I'll tell you what. You give me a ten dollar bill and I'll give you back $5. Deal?

What? That'd be stupid.

Exactly...   :O As the light went on over his head.

I've had this same conversation with one of my son in laws for the 10 years he's been my son in law. Moron. I often wonder what my daughter the eldest sees in him.
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love
truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

Fight Me Online

Rudy Kohn

« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2009, 05:01:39 PM »
The next step is to get him to calculate the gains he could have made with the money in some kind of nice, low-risk investment for the better part of a year.  Then note that the government is free to invest the money he overpays while they hold it.  Then start compounding.  :angel:

(I may not be a budgetary genius, but I can read a W-2, for goodness sake.)

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2009, 05:04:12 PM »
The next step is to get him to calculate the gains he could have made with the money in some kind of nice, low-risk investment for the better part of a year.  Then note that the government is free to invest the money he overpays while they hold it.  Then start compounding.  :angel:

(I may not be a budgetary genius, but I can read a W-2, for goodness sake.)

That sort? "Investment" is a 60" flatscreen. Because, you know, that costs a lot of money.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2009, 04:50:10 AM »
I'll tell you what. You give me a ten dollar bill and I'll give you back $5. Deal?
I've had this same conversation with one of my son in laws for the 10 years he's been my son in law. Moron. I often wonder what my daughter the eldest sees in him.

Does she often ask if you can break a ten for her?   =D