Author Topic: What would you do with a bucket of pot.........  (Read 8891 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: What would you do with a bucket of pot.........
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2009, 11:06:47 PM »
i did a lotta research in the field and while i would prefer my kids did neither if i had to chose between booze and pot i would rather they smoke pot.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 11:26:50 PM by cassandra and sara's daddy »
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2009, 11:12:10 PM »
I could see it for meth, but I thought Maned was the only one who thought weed was Satan's pubes.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2009, 11:20:47 PM »
I would vastly prefer nobody ever did any mind-altering substances, but reality is not like that.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Declaration Day

• friends
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2009, 11:31:29 PM »
  The footprints show they trespassed on my land to stash it.

Well that changes things.  You didn't mention that before.  If I found a trespasser's footprints across my property I'd probably follow them for a bit too.

Simply ignoring the knowledge of its existence is akin to ignoring unfilled perc test holes, open mine shafts, unexploded ordinance, barbed wire strung across quad or ski mobile tracks. 

Well, maybe, but I've known folks who have smoked unbelievable amounts of pot in their lifetimes, and have not suffered consequences anywhere near the potential of the dangers quoted above.

If you detest pot and its use, GS, just say so.  It's your opinion, which you do not need to justify with outlandish comparisons.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 11:40:27 PM by Declaration Day »

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2009, 11:37:25 PM »
If these jokers are crossing your land with illegal stuff, they need to stop.  Whatever your position on weed.

I'm a live & let live kinda guy, but if they put me & mine at risk, I'll use whatever means necessary to make it stop, including calling LEOs, even though I think the weed ought to be legal. 
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Grandpa Shooter

• friend
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2009, 12:03:32 AM »
Just for the record.  Marijuana is illegal to grow or own in Az.  My opinion notwithstanding, it is a hazard.  One which I do not want on or near my property.  If I am correct and it is the kids around the corner, they are the same ones who are throwing their trash over the fence onto the property between us so that it is washed down the property, or blown across the property and ends up as an eyesore on the property line, or actually on my land,

They don't rate really high on my "Good neighbors" list.  I could likely spend 3-4 hours every time we go out and still not keep up with the liquor bottles and beer cans strewn down the sides of the road.  Nasty habit, littering.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2009, 12:07:40 AM »
GS: whatever one thinks of the legality issues, we can all agree on the worthless nature of trespassers and those who damage others property. And littering is doing damage. You have my sympathies on what sounds a difficult situation.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2009, 12:31:51 AM »
I'm not saying that doing nothing is correct, but bear in mind that if someone is arrested for this they are going to jail. Not many people go to jail for possession with intent to distribute long enough for you and yours to peacefully live out your days. Mainly those busted go to jail long enough to make them angry. When they get out arson is no great stretch for someone already shown to break the law. Be careful.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Ryan in Maine

• friend
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2009, 02:23:47 AM »
There's really only one option... You must pee in the bucket.

PTK

• friends
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2009, 02:29:37 AM »
Quoting Dave from Titus...

"I'll destroy it! ...joint by joint..."
"Only lucky people grow old." - Frederick L.
September 1915 - August 2008

"If you really do have cancer "this time", then this is your own fault. Like the little boy who cried wolf."

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2009, 03:24:33 AM »
Get a business card from a deputy and/or DEA agent.  Dispose of the weed and leave the card in the bucket.  Hilarity may ensue.

PTK

• friends
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2009, 03:26:54 AM »
Get a business card from a deputy and/or DEA agent.  Dispose of the weed and leave the card in the bucket.  Hilarity may ensue.

Like going to jail for impersonating a Federal agent...?
"Only lucky people grow old." - Frederick L.
September 1915 - August 2008

"If you really do have cancer "this time", then this is your own fault. Like the little boy who cried wolf."

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2009, 03:57:47 AM »
Like going to jail for impersonating a Federal agent...?

What federal agent?  What bucket?  Of course I wear gloves to hike in the woods, there's poison ivy and briars all over the place.

Geez, if you can't put a card in a bucket without getting busted, you'd better take some thermite to the drive your mp3 collection is on.

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2009, 06:50:59 AM »
Find the cheapest motion activated camera you can and position it to take a picture of the bucket area from about 15-20 feet away. Make sure the flash is on. They may take the camera but they'll have no idea who put it there. Maybe write a number on the camera and put the local PD initials next to it. They'll probably freak out and run anyways. Especially if it's at night. If it's the kids they probably won't come back for a while.  :laugh:

Be careful out there though. I don't want to use the term "booby trap" but...

Avoid cliches like the plague!

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2009, 08:03:07 AM »
Lots of cutesy suggestions.....
It sounds like by the amount of pot that they are dealers.  Would be my assumption.
Pot is illegal, and so is its possesion. 
Tampering with evidence is generally illegal.
In many states, you are required by law to report crimes.
Pot growers and dealers often sabotage their stashes and plants..
Trespassing is illegal, which it sounds like is what they did to stash the pot.
The only sensible thing to do would be reporting it.
I can understand being worried about retaliation.  However, its just a side effect of responsibility.

Now, please, no more suggestions that GS engage in illegal activity, especially evidence tampering.  Continue a civil discussion. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

bmitchell

« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2009, 08:31:23 AM »
I second the Javier Bardem notion.
Especially if he brings a bolt gun.

Ben

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2009, 09:45:26 AM »
There's really only one option... You must pee in the bucket.

Darn it you beat me to it. =D
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Seenterman

• friend
« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2009, 09:55:14 AM »
While ignoring it might be the prudent thing to do, I do have to consider the ramifications of allowing it to possibly being sold to unsuspecting users.

Simply ignoring the knowledge of its existence is akin to ignoring unfilled perc test holes, open mine shafts, unexploded ordinance, barbed wire strung across quad or ski mobile tracks.  There is such a thing as a social conscience to be dealt with here.  That to me is the real issue.  What is on that property stashed away is dangerous in my opinion.

This is not about whether or not it is legal, it is the danger to the public which concerns me.

Please never compare pot with unexploded ordinance, or barbed wire strung across a ski track, unless your talking about the possible danger from the dealer. Thats a whole nother story but pot is relativly harmless. The whole pouring amonia or pee'ing on the pot would be the only actual
ramifications of allowing it to possibly being sold to unsuspecting users.

I wouldn't do eaither, I dont know what happens if you pour amonia on something, let it dry and then try to smoke it. That might actually kill someone, so please dont do anything like that.

What would I do if these losers where doing this around my house? Leave a note on the bucket, along the lines of Your stash has been discovered, Dont store anything on my property, or at a location you need to cross my property to get to. Your coopertation is greatly appreciated. Carry be on condition yellow for the next few weeks and hope they move it and leave you alone. Or call the police if you suspect this might be a MS13 or gang type of activity but if you think its the local boys, most likely they wont get violent after having their stash just discovered and being told to move it. But then again people are unpredictable creatures, go with your gut.

Grandpa Shooter

• friend
« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2009, 10:15:45 AM »
For the short run I am going to defer to my Lady's request to leave it be.  I do not fear retaliation, however there will inevitably be the time I need to run to town to get something and she will be on the property alone with the dogs.  I value her safety and the lives of the dogs.

Laurent du Var

• friends
« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2009, 04:35:53 PM »
I can understand that.
I mean if you lived in a big city you'd be seeing people taking or selling drugs
meaner than pot every day and you just wouldn't run to the police to report them.
People stashing pot in caves are not really high up on the evolutionary ladder and will cease to do so
eventually and if they don't you still can speak to the Sheriff and ask him to keep it anonymiously, couldn't you ?
It sucks that in a paradise like yours you'd still have to deal with people loitering and hiding drugs, this shouldn't be happening!
Vada a bordo, Cazzo!

HankB

• friend
« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2009, 04:39:53 PM »
Whatever you do, don't adulterate it. Druggies could then be harmed. And if they get sick, they might go after their dealer and do something violent to him.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2009, 04:41:18 PM »
Tinkling on it would be fine.

Heck, Cheech & Chong smoked their dope after it was processed by a dog, for chrissake's.   =D
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

Sawdust

• friend
« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2009, 04:47:23 PM »
Mmmmmmmmm...labrador.

Sawdust
Retain what's coming in; send off what is retreating.

Well, you going to pull those pistols boy,
or just whistle Dixie?

I'm your huckleberry.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2009, 04:54:24 PM »
Report it to the authorities before the authorities find it on their own and think YOU are the owner and do all those lovely WOD things like sieze your assets & put you in jail.....  :police:
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

TMM

• friend
« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2009, 04:55:27 PM »
i'm sorry guys, but i must say the suggestions of putting various things in with the pot is extremely stupid, potentially harmful (to them and maybe even you), and childish.

the way i see it, the weed is not on your land, so it is of no concern to you. the fact that they are trespassing on your land is the only real problem - string some fencing wire or barbed wire on your border, along with some signs. i personally would not leave a note saying that you found it - letting them know you know about the stash might frighten or anger them, OTOH, they might just hide it somewhere else, but it's a gamble. and if you say they're trespassing on your land to stash it, they'll know who you are. the weed is not yours, and thus not yours to destroy or give away...i might be inclined to "sample" it, but that poses risks to me - i don't know where it came from.

i am in no way opposed to weed or the smoking of it, so i suppose i'm more inclined to leave it alone than someone who thinks weed is bad. stoners are a gentler breed of drug users, most i've met are calm, nice, and generally pretty smart. i would just deal with the only issue that really concerns you - the trespassing of your land.

tmm