Author Topic: Lucas fuel treatment?  (Read 3351 times)

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
Re: Lucas fuel treatment?
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2009, 05:17:12 AM »
BTW, painful-amusing sensor cautionary tale, or "why CAIs can be bad."

Someone I know had one, mounted low, almost to the bumper. They hit a puddle at pretty good speed. The "bypass" didn't work a damn. They sucked up water, almost hydrolocked the engine, and did in fact destroy the MAF sensor, which costs...a surprising amount of money.

That is why my intake is in the same location as the stock one.
THIS is why I vastly prefer the short ram intake.  Cone filter and appropriate tubing for the task either as a kit or DIY.  Cold air is fine if you live in a place where it never rains or snows, in bad weather forget about it.  My favorite are the people with 4x4's who mount a cold ait intake.  K&N don't work so well caked with mud  =D

As to fuel treatments, good ones worth bothering with are few and far between.  Lucas and Seafoam are both good to add occasionally.  I personally don't use them more then once a year or so.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.