Author Topic: In other news, Arfcommers are borderline retarded  (Read 1292 times)

In other news, Arfcommers are borderline retarded
« on: November 15, 2005, 08:42:15 PM »
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=406023

I read that a week ago and it was clearly satire. Why do I know this? Because as an intelligent human being, I am capable of discerning, understanding, and appreciating sarcasm / satire.

In fact, I think the author deserves a medal for the blatantly obvious play: come up with a bunch of hilarious reasons for racism in order to placate the leftwing moonbat professor, probably over a night of beers and snickering.

Now go read the replies of the dumbass arfcommers- and remember, these people vote. rolleyes

natedog

• friend
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2005, 08:57:56 PM »
Further, scientists have discovered that water may in fact be wet.

Smiley

Worst is that every other thread tends to involve something along the line of using nuclear weapons on every Middle Eastern country, or invading, conquering, massacring the people, and using it for our own purposes.

Winston Smith

• friends
  • Cheaper than a locksmith
    • My Photography
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2005, 09:08:08 PM »
I have to confess when I read that at first it seemed real to me.

But I guess i'm exposed to the type of stuff they are satirising quite a bit.
Jack
APS #22
I'm eighteen years old. I know everything and I'm invincible.
Right?

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2005, 01:33:41 AM »
Quote from: Blackburn
Now go read the replies of the dumbass arfcommers- and remember, these people vote. rolleyes
Fortunatly im convinced that only about 1/3 of them actually own any real firearms.

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2005, 01:44:17 AM »
I didn't read the whole thing cause I don't have the time but I'm not "digging" these little pix some of those guys got with their ID's.

I'm glad we don't have that crap around here.
Avoid cliches like the plague!

Ron

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2005, 03:28:05 AM »
Why are you going into the GD area of ARFCOM?

Stick to the technical forums where that stuff isn't tolerated.

Even most of the guys at ARFCOM don't venture into the general discussion area.

But what do I know, I am borderline retarded (as a frquent poster in the Illinois Hometown forum).

Werewolf

• friend
  • Lead, Follow or Get the HELL out of the WAY!
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2005, 04:39:04 AM »
I'm sorry but some of those pictures are just plain laughing out loud and rolling on the floor funny. AND I did LOL when I saw the evolution picture (the one that starts out with an ape and ends up at modern man) and the one where GOD is handing lootie a beer. MAN! Made my day.

If that makes me a racist then: Ce la' vie!
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love
truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

Fight Me Online

Phantom Warrior

• friend
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2005, 10:41:18 AM »
I was skeptical back on THR when I first heard their rational for not allowing user avatars.  I thought "How bad can a little picture be?"  But when I saw all the post on ARF with the gobs and gobs of pics and comments and enormous sig lines I began to understand.  

And yeah, after reading some of the GD stuff I felt like I'd swum through a sewer.  Not cool.

Old Dog

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2005, 12:34:24 PM »
I don't normally participate in the "forum wars" ... but I sure have to agree that much of what's expressed on that forum (other than actual technical firearms info) quite possibly gives anti-gunners potentially serious fodder for their arguments about just how stupid gun-owners are.

AR-15.com Washington state's local forum gave PacNorthwest gun-owners a huge (and very public) black eye when a bunch of stupid Arfcommers made sleazy remarks about a local radio station's female employee who was covering the WAC's Monroe gun show -- and, of course, the remarks were all read on the air, one of Seattle's most widely-listened to stations ...  This public relations snafu was just one of the many things that keeps me away from that forum.
-- Will