Author Topic: 'New American Tea Party'  (Read 24503 times)

longeyes

• friend
Re: 'New American Tea Party'
« Reply #50 on: March 16, 2009, 03:34:55 PM »
I think we all agree on that. The big question is of course, who?

Maybe you.

And I am not being facetious.

Maybe some of the people on this forum.

Don't we have any Joe and Jill Plumbers in this crowd?
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #51 on: March 16, 2009, 03:37:20 PM »
If (God forbid) some type of serious civil unrest ever happens in this country, the men doing the killing will not be the ones who spent all their time spouting off on teh intarwebz.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #52 on: March 16, 2009, 03:53:12 PM »
That is true, Balog.

If and when TSHTF, those blabbering on the intarwebz about taking on The Man with their SKS and bandolier of stripper clips will be sucking hind teat, while those who have been under the radar quietly preparing for Plans A, B, and C will be executing them.

I've seen, and personally know, both types.  My money's on the latter.
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #53 on: March 16, 2009, 03:54:40 PM »
Just look at those idiots in NH who were posting about how they were going to help those tax evaders (Browns iirc) on some forum or other. Feds busted them fast.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #54 on: March 16, 2009, 04:10:51 PM »
What's your point?

I'm talking about concerted political action, not midnight commando raids.

And here's the type of thing that needs to be shouted about because it concerns everyone here:

Obama Administration Stabs Gun Owners in the Back (DoD Surplus Brass No Longer Sold for Reloading)
Townhall ^ | March 16, 2009 | John Caile

Posted on 03/16/2009 11:35:39 AM PDT by 2ndDivisionVet

We warned you that Barak Obama would publicly deny his radical anti-gun agenda, while engaging in "stealth" attacks on private gun ownership. The most recent example is a directive from the Department of Defense that will severely aggravate the current ammunition shortage.

For those who either don't own guns (or have been living in a cave) supplies of ammunition are getting alarmingly low. Many retailers report shelves virtually empty of popular pistol and rifle ammo.

Most ammunition manufacturers depend on reclaiming used brass cartridge cases from the military, that are then recycled to make new ammunition. It is a system that has benefited both the military and the private sector, not to mention saving the taxpayer's money.

So it is beyond comprehension at a time of serious ammunition shortages, as well as budget shortfalls, that ammunition manufacturers would receive a letter stating the following:

"Effective immediately DOD Surplus, LLC, will be implementing new requirements for mutilation of fired shell casings. The new DRMS requirement calls for DOD Surplus personnel to witness the mutilation of the property and sign the Certificate of Destruction.

Mutilation of the property can be done at the DRMO, if permitted by the Government, or it may be mutilated at a site chosen by the buyer. Mutilation means that the property will be destroyed to the extent prevents its reuse or reconstruction. DOD Surplus personnel will determine when property has been sufficiently mutilated to meet the requirements of the Government."

Now, one has to be curious about WHO suddenly decided to mandate a new policy that makes a bad situation worse, has no benefit to the military, and will result in an increase in costs to the American taxpayer, precisely when the government is running a gigantic deficit.

But of course we know the real reason behind such actions - after losing a number of elections both locally and nationally, the anti-gun radicals have learned that the way to succeed is to avoid highly public confrontations like wholesale gun bans.

Instead they have adopted "incrementalism" - stealth campaigns that slowly rob legitimate gun owners of their ability to exercise their rights. They know that they don't need to take your guns away if they can simply make it more and more complex, expensive, and difficult to own and use your guns.

So, obviously, something like an ammo shortage is a dream come true for the gun haters. Why bother with their guns when simply denying them ammunition makes their firearms useless?

One wonders when gun owners who were stupid enough to have voted for Obama (and his like minded Democrats in the Congress) will finally stop denying the obvious.
"Domari nolo."

Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #55 on: March 16, 2009, 04:37:17 PM »
Longeyes,

At the risk of sounding nearly as redundant, take a look at a certain thread in another subforum here on APS.

The thread I started.

The thread that discusses Lake City brass.

;)

(And one cannot possibly attribute a decision documented as originating from the Defense Logistics Agency as having come straight from the president.  It was a result of F-14 Tomcat parts being sold intact to folks who shouldn't have them. The DLA decision happened before Obama took office, and is only now being applied across the board. That's really stretching it on your part...)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 04:42:36 PM by Gewehr98 »

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #56 on: March 16, 2009, 04:45:56 PM »
I don't know the truth of the mil brass situation, but I do know that the NRA has been apprized and is looking into a waiver.  I know this because you posted that information on The Firing Line. 

Gewehr98

Yeah, it's Demil Code B, but with Integrity Code 3 now added.

More here:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.htm...=844248&page=1

Evidently, the DRMO/DRMS auctions that are currently active will require mutilation of said brass once the auction is complete, per the terms. The edict came down from DLA, ostensibly because of the recent F-14 Tomcat parts sale SNAFU.

NRA-ILA has been notified, and they're hoping to get a D0D waiver in place for .50 caliber and smaller cartridge brass over the next few weeks.

Operative word, of course, being hope.

Molon Labe.

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #57 on: March 16, 2009, 04:53:26 PM »
Yup.

As somebody who uses oodles of milsurp brass, I've been following the story very closely since it broke last Friday.

There's a Navy Vice Admiral who's in charge of the Defense Logistics Agency.

Not President Obama, not Rahm Emanuel, but a Navy officer, who probably got his pee-pee smacked for the F-14 Tomcat parts SNAFU.

Another application of Hanlon's Razor, IMHO.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #58 on: March 16, 2009, 05:34:31 PM »
I hadn't heard the term "threeper" until today, but I know the type.  My question to you is this: do you want them to talk and not act or do you want them to walk the walk?  Perhaps they are merely venting their frustrations, felt by many, in the only way they know.  Everyone knows that this is no laughing matter, no topic for barroom braggadoccio.  I don't claim to know who's "real" and who isn't; nor do I claim--though I have my own opinions--about what might trigger serious social discontent.  I try to take a sober look at the accumulating realities around us and take an imaginative leap--no doubt not shared by all--into some future scenarios.

There are a lot of people on talk radio these days who talk "hard" and then back off when they rouse their callers.  I find that repugnant, dishonest, and cowardly.  Let me cite one example: "the great one," Mark Levin.  He trafficks in high anger on a daily basis, slamming this current administration top to bottom.  But when someone asks him, "Mark, what can we do?," his answer is, "What are YOU doing?"  What then is all this rabble-rousing palaver FOR if not to spur action of some useful type?  The other day Levin said, "It took us 80 years to get here, and it will take 80 years for us to get out."  Really?  Who on this forum thinks we HAVE 80 years?  Anyway...
I'm talking about concerted political action,

You rail against those who make noise yet won't lead.  You're making alot of noise.  Are you willing to lead? 

I'm being serious.  Not picking a fight.

What is your course of action? 
And what are you actioning against?
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #59 on: March 16, 2009, 05:48:57 PM »
Longeyes has been rather explicit about what he supports and opposes throughout this time on this forum.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #60 on: March 16, 2009, 08:22:44 PM »
Honestly, I see one glaring problem with all the calls for revolution. And it is NOT a question of "who'll actually fight, and who's all talk?"...

MY big question is, "Who/what is used to replace the current system?".
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #61 on: March 16, 2009, 08:25:46 PM »
Strings,

You are entirely correct.

How do we know that the replacement system envisioned by the current crop of Don Quixotes will be any better?

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #62 on: March 16, 2009, 08:26:56 PM »
Don Quixotes

You keep using that word. I don't think it means what you think it means.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #63 on: March 16, 2009, 08:39:00 PM »
I have to go with Heinlein here: if we throw the current bums out, how do we know that the new bums will be better?

And yes, I understand the concept of "We'll return to our Constitutional roots!". And that's great... as soon as we figure out and agree on what those ARE. Believe me, the ones actually fighting are NOT all gonna be on the same page...

Want to know what the Second American Civil War is gonna look like? Rent Reservoir Dogs. Check out the scene at the end, where everybody's pointing a gun at ever'body else. That's what the Second Civil War will look like, in microcosm. Then, after the Current Bums are thrown out, the Coalition of Disparate Groups can start the Third War: the War to Decide Who's Bums to Use...

History books covering this era are gonna be VERY interesting to read...
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #64 on: March 16, 2009, 09:02:10 PM »

Alright, then.

Educate me.

I'm thinking about the legendary character tilting at windmills.

What am I missing? 

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #65 on: March 16, 2009, 09:17:09 PM »
There is stuff we can live with and stuff we can't.  I do not expect anything close to a perfect union, just a viable Republic that respects basic individual liberties.  Maybe at this juncture of history THAT is rabidly quixotic...? 

I do not think anyone is talking here about any course of action except a defensive one that blocks overt tyranny.  Is there some risk of a "war of all against all?"  Of course, but that was certainly a possibility when this country was founded and we haven't evolved without a good deal of often bitter and contentious struggle.  We each have to decide when we have more to lose by not drawing a line than drawing it.

Am I willing to lead or help lead?  Frankly, although I have never thought of myself as an activist, much less a militant leader, I am beginning to think I have no choice but to engage this struggle at closer quarters than my temperament is really comfortable with.  But others can decide if I have leadership mettle; I am willing to do my part, count on that.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #66 on: March 16, 2009, 09:32:36 PM »
What am I missing? 

Don Quixote wasn't just crazy. He was also noble. And he wasn't completely crazy, either. Don Quixote (and even Sancho, at some junctures) ended up striking some surprising blows for justice.

That's what the Second Civil War will look like, in microcosm.

Nobody in this thread is advocating a Civil War or any kind of violence. However I think longeyes will agree with me  when I say that what is required is a non-violent revolution. A radical change in the political landscape.

Now it is true (as you pointed out) that the revolutionaries may disagree with each other on what change is needed. However, that can be dealt with. We have a common enemy – the Progressive machine, the welfare-state, the System, call it what you want. Perhaps the best idea is to learn from Karl Marx and his Communist Manifesto – identify the social institutions that maintain the system and assault these institutions together.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #67 on: March 16, 2009, 10:13:11 PM »
Non-violent.  Of course.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

Werewolf

• friend
  • Lead, Follow or Get the HELL out of the WAY!
« Reply #68 on: March 16, 2009, 10:21:57 PM »
Tilting at windmills - a reference to the character Don Quixote created by Cervantes in the early 1600's I believe.

Tilting at windmills pretty much means one imagines one's self to be fighting something larger than life, the good fight, though unwinnable along with a connotation that maybe the guy doing the tilting is just a little bit nuts. Some may interpret tilting at windmills as bragadoccio. Personally I prefer my first interpretation of the phrase.

Edit: OK I just read some follow on posts about Don Q. Good stuff. No reason to delete mine though.
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love
truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

Fight Me Online

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #69 on: March 17, 2009, 12:50:10 AM »
Don Quixote wasn't just crazy. He was also noble.

That's good to know, MB.

Pardon me, boys, you'll have to forego the straitjacket and padded room, because, well, I'm being noble.

Yeah, that's the ticket.   =D

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #70 on: March 17, 2009, 08:48:03 AM »
I don't think alot of you realise there was a revolution last november.   The bums got tossed out, and now none of us like the current bums. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #71 on: March 17, 2009, 09:15:11 AM »
I don't think alot of you realise there was a revolution last november.   The bums got tossed out, and now none of us like the current bums. 

I'm to the point that I almost want a lottery for who will serve in congress.

Picking citizens at random would get us better results than this.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #72 on: March 17, 2009, 09:22:13 AM »
A revolution is not a mere replacement of the bums.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #73 on: March 17, 2009, 10:12:10 AM »

QFT

Understanding this point is key.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #74 on: March 17, 2009, 10:20:50 AM »
When the new bums are pure, unabashed socialists, I'd have to disagree with you.
JD