Author Topic: 'New American Tea Party'  (Read 24513 times)

Cannonball888

'New American Tea Party'
« on: March 11, 2009, 09:45:00 PM »
Forgive me if this has been posted before. I just received it in my email. 

Good idea? Bad? Make it a sticky? Discuss.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There's a storm abrewin'. What happens when good, responsible people keep quiet? Washington has forgotten they work for us. We don't work for them. Throwing good money after bad is NOT the answer. I am sick of the midnight, closed door sessions to come up with a plan. I am sick of Congress raking CEO's over the coals while they, themselves, have defaulted on their taxes. I am sick of the bailed out companies having lavish vacations and retreats on my dollar. I am sick of being told it is MY responsibility to rescue people that, knowingly, bought more house than they could afford. I am sick of being made to feel it is my patriotic duty to pay MORE taxes. I, like all of you, am a responsible citizen. I pay my taxes. I live on a budget and I don't ask someone else to carry the burden fo r poor decisions I may make. I have emailed my congressmen and senators asking them to NOT vote for the stimulus package as it was written without reading it first.. No one listened. They voted for it, pork and all.
O.K. folks, here it is. You may think you are just one voice and what you think won't make a difference. Well, yes it will and YES, WE CAN!! If you are disgusted and angry with the way Washington is handling our taxes. If you are fearful of the fallout from the reckless spending of BILLIONS to bailout and "stimulate" without accountability and responsibility then we need to become ONE, LOUD VOICE THAT CAN BE HEARD FROM EVERY CITY, TOWN, SUBURB AND HOME IN AMERICA. There is a growing protest to demand that Congress, the President and his cabinet LISTEN to us, the American Citizens. What is being done in Washington is NOT the way to handle the economic free fall.

So, here's the plan. On April 1, 2009, all Americans are asked to send a TEABAG to Washington , D.C. You do not have to enclose a note or any other information unless you so desire. Just a TEABAG. Many cities are organizing protests. If you simply search, "New American Tea Party", several sites will come up. If you aren't the 'protester' type, simply make your one voice heard with a TEABAG. Your one voice will become a roar when joined with millions of others that feel the same way. Yes, something needs to be done but the lack of confidence as shown by the steady decline in the stock market speaks volumes.
This was not my idea. I visited the sites of the 'New American Tea Party' and an online survey showed over 90% of thousands said they would send the teabag on April 1. Why, April 1?? We want them to reach Washington by April 15. Will you do it? I will.

Send it to; 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. Washington , D.C. 20500 ....

Forward this to everyone in your address book. Visit the website below for more information about the 'New American Tea Party'. I would encourage everyone to go ahead and get the envelope ready to mail, then just drop it in the mail April 1. Can't guarantee what the postage will be by then, it is going up as we speak, but have your envelope ready. What will this cost you? A little time and a 40 something cent stamp.
What could you receive in benefits? Maybe, just maybe, our elected officials will start to listen to the people. Take out the Pork. Tell us how the money is being spent. We want TRANSPARENCY AND ACCOUNTABILITY. Remember, the money will be spent over the next 4-5 years. It is not too late.

taurusowner

Re: 'New American Tea Party'
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2009, 10:34:59 PM »
I would/will.  But as a current member of the US military, I am curious to what reprecussions might be in store for me if i take part in protests and such.

*I know I can't go to actual protests in uniform or pretend my views are the Army's, but would sending a teabag put me on some list that can be cross referenced to my Army file?

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2009, 12:59:57 AM »
I got this one too.  I'll be tea-bagging Obama.

:angel:
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

PTK

• friends
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2009, 01:26:04 AM »
I got this one too.  I'll be tea-bagging Obama.

:angel:

I pictured it, and now I hate you.  :lol:
"Only lucky people grow old." - Frederick L.
September 1915 - August 2008

"If you really do have cancer "this time", then this is your own fault. Like the little boy who cried wolf."

HankB

• friend
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2009, 08:41:11 AM »
I would/will.  But as a current member of the US military, I am curious to what reprecussions might be in store for me if i take part in protests and such.

*I know I can't go to actual protests in uniform or pretend my views are the Army's, but would sending a teabag put me on some list that can be cross referenced to my Army file?
Well, if you're sending a tea bag, you can always omit the return address label . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2009, 09:32:59 AM »
Mail to the President or your congresscritter without a return label will likely get incinerated rather than read.  When I worked for the fed.gov, that was high on the list of suspicous mail features. 

Personally, were I to protest in this manner, I would certainly include a letter with the teabag. 
Dear Congress critter/Prez Obama:
Please stop spending money we don't have.  You're not stimulating anything except uslesess pet projects.  Were I to behave with my checkbook in that fashion, I'd certainly end up in jail.  I can't spend my way out of debt, and the Government shouldn't try spending its way out of a recession (especially one it created!!), its irresponsible and senseless.
This Government's spending has surpassed "excessive" and has even left "stupid" behind.  Does anyone really think that a Memorial to Senator Ted Kennedy will stimulate the economy? 
Here's a teabag as my gift to you.  Rather than dump it in the harbor, I thought you could make a hot cup of tea and contemplate how you'll step up to the plate as a real American and put the brakes on Governments runaway spending.
Sincerely,
Pissed off in Virginia
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2009, 12:53:42 PM »
I think e-mailing pictures of tea bags would work as well....

...hit 'em on all sides, I say....  =D
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2009, 05:01:31 PM »
I plan on going to the Dallas, TX tea party.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Leatherneck

• friend
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2009, 07:38:22 PM »
and the point of all this is???

TC
TC
RT Refugee

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2009, 01:02:05 AM »
and the point of all this is???

TC

That's what I'm trying to figure out.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2009, 12:21:07 PM »
That's what I'm trying to figure out.

Why do you have to hate, Mike?  =(
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2009, 01:17:56 PM »
Because I'm a secret agent for Obama planted here years ago?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2009, 01:58:00 PM »
I also suggest just stapling a recognized commercial name-brand teabag to your letter. Maybe even still in it's sealed factory little envelope.

"loose foreign material" in letters sent to any division of the fed.gov tends to set off alarm bells.
I promise not to duck.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2009, 02:41:22 PM »
I also suggest just stapling a recognized commercial name-brand teabag to your letter. Maybe even still in it's sealed factory little envelope.

"loose foreign material" in letters sent to any division of the fed.gov tends to set off alarm bells.

May I politely say "eff that!" ?

Seriously.  This is our government, not theirs.  They will be well aware of our little tea protest long before the letters start coming.  Tea is legal to send in the mail... I know people that mail order fancy teas.  If I want to send some Lipton Earl Grey to the White House as a form of protest and I get run up on BS terrorist charges, with no proof of dangerous materials in the tea...  I would interpret that as a dangerously dismal commentary on the health of our government.

We all know these letters will be intercepted and shoveled off to some flunky sorting house, where a final tally of "2,345,678" teabags will be reported delivered to a higher flunky at the White House, who might or might not tell Rahm Emanuel, who might or might not tell Obama.

Avoiding doing it because of fear of your government?  Wow.  I guess we've already lost the greater battle, then. =(
--Lysander Spooner

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2009, 03:05:46 PM »
Avoiding doing it because of fear of your government?  Wow.  I guess we've already lost the greater battle, then.

Who said anything about "fear of government"?

I'd liken it to "pissing in the wind", myself.

Administrations get plenty of crank letters, etc. every day, individual or as part of a coordinated effort. 

At last count, there were approximately 306 million Americans.  What are a few piddly-assed teabags really going to mean?

Set up a blog.  Get some serious readership.  Start a grassroots effort that exposes government waste and pork projects.  Get on CNN,  Fox News, or Larry King Live. 

Then you'll have something that the White House might sit up and respond to. 

Tea bags? 

Really...
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

seeker_two

• friend
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2009, 03:08:51 PM »

Does that make Abby the reincarnation of Ronald Reagan?....   =|
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

ilbob

• friend
    • Bob's blog
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2009, 04:05:51 PM »
a few thousand tea bags won't make a difference but a few million might.
bob

Disclaimers: I am not a lawyer, cop, soldier, gunsmith, politician, plumber, electrician, or a professional practitioner of many of the other things I comment on in this forum.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2009, 04:44:31 PM »
a few thousand tea bags won't make a difference but a few million might.

I wonder if even a few million tea bags would impress this administration.  I have a hunch they believe absolutely that they are right and correct in what they are doing.  It must be done regardless of what the great unwashed might think.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2009, 04:49:51 PM »
Couldn't hurt to try.

That'd make a lot of iced tea, though. 
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

seeker_two

• friend
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2009, 05:07:57 PM »
Couldn't hurt to try.

That'd make a lot of iced tea, though. 

...and keep a lot of tea makers employed.....

BTW, we should use Luzianne tea. It's a great, American-owned, Southern company with much better products than the Lipton Mega-Corp owned by furriners.......  =D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luzianne

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2009, 06:35:01 PM »
No one's listening to you, seeker2.  Everybody knows you're a 'tard about how the Republic is supposed to work.  :P
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2009, 07:09:44 PM »
And people wonder why the cost of postage keeps going up.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

seeker_two

• friend
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2009, 08:44:45 AM »
No one's listening to you, seeker2.  Everybody knows you're a 'tard about how the Republic is supposed to work.  :P

Now....don't make me come over there and educate you on places in the human body that can hold a case of tea bags......  :cool:

=D

Werewolf

• friend
  • Lead, Follow or Get the HELL out of the WAY!
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2009, 11:33:44 AM »
But then we already knew that .
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love
truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

Fight Me Online

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Too Many Tabs
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2009, 04:39:12 PM »
I thought I was going to put this in its own hread, but must have laced it in this thread indvertently.

See here:
http://www.armedpolitesociety.com/index.php?topic=18587.0
for the post.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 06:23:39 PM by jfruser »
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton