Author Topic: Border plants to be killed to reveal smugglers  (Read 5773 times)

Desertdog

• friends
Re: Border plants to be killed to reveal smugglers
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2009, 07:56:18 PM »
During WWII they came up with some dame good weed burners.  They called them 'flame throwers.'

agricola

• friend
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2009, 08:03:24 PM »
Surely genetic engineering has reached the stage where man-eating Venus flytraps are feasible?  That way you could have both shrubbery and deterrence.
"Idiot!  A long life eating mush is best."
"Make peace, you fools"

stevelyn

• friend
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2009, 09:40:07 PM »
Cool............Paraquat the whole corridor, them burn it to a cinder when it turns brown.
Be careful that the toes you step on now aren't connected to the ass you have to kiss later.

Eat Moose. Wear Wolf.

Grandpa Shooter

• friend
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2009, 09:50:48 PM »
You're relying on the same government that brought you undiluted Agent Orange to remember to delete the Roundup?

Oh ye of wildly optimistic faith...

This is a quote from Mike Irwin.

All I can say is Thank You Mike.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2009, 12:53:49 PM »
"You're relying on the same government that brought you undiluted Agent Orange to remember to delete the Roundup?"

They just bought it from the same people who had been supplying it to the private sector for decades.

Roundup? It biodegrades in a matter of a week or two.

As for my wild optimism, well, all I can say is I still believe thatsomeday, somewhere, the govt might actually do something that makes sense.  Okay, maybe that's not optimism.  Insanity, possibly?  =D

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Seenterman

• friend
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2009, 01:06:04 PM »
The spraying from helicopters also alarms me, you can accidentally cover a large area very quickly using arial spraying. If the heli sprays over someones house, what could happen to direct exposure of this chemical without and protective gear.

I dont like the idea at all, but would be more open to it if it was going to be manually sprayed by people on the ground with the little hand pumps.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2009, 01:37:51 PM »
The spraying from helicopters also alarms me, you can accidentally cover a large area very quickly using arial spraying. If the heli sprays over someones house, what could happen to direct exposure of this chemical without and protective gear.

The exposure level from a single accidental spraying is so low as to be inconsequential.  Chances are you absorb more carcinogens and toxins puttering around in your garage, or using common household cleaning products.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2009, 05:44:37 PM »
During WWII they came up with some dame good weed burners.  They called them 'flame throwers.'

Agreed....white phosphorus makes a better herbicide than Roundup....and solves the smuggler problem, too...
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

castle key

• friend
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2009, 04:23:24 PM »
Not if you have motion sensor Claymore's as an added feature......

Ahhhh..My dream of proper border enforcement. The "Three C's". Claymores, concertina, and crocodiles.

My Director of Border Security sadly died several years ago. That would be Steve Irwin, The Crocodile Hunter. I figure he had access to some pretty nifty critters that would secure the area!

I guess with no Steve Irwin we must settle for seconds, Mike Irwin.
Vigilate hoc, tenendum per ebrietatem.

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2009, 04:28:20 PM »
I understand that when one of my former CNC setup workers came back north across the border, he had to bring along extra clothing at his crossing location.  Evidently, there was a stand of trees/forest nearby that he and his fellow "runners" had to go through, and it was seeded by the Border Patrol with some sort of agent that caused vomiting and/or tears.  He was instructed to change clothes quickly after sprinting through that area, prior to meeting up in the nearby WalMart parking lot and hopping into the waiting van.

It took him 8 days to get to Wisconsin from the time he left Mexico.  He said that after they spend 4 days in a safe house, they were stacked like cordwood in the back of a pickup truck for the longest part of the trip...  :O
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

coppertales

• friend
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2009, 12:07:17 PM »
Just hire the wetbacks, when we catch them, to clear the brush and apply the herbecide.  They will work cheap and do the job no American will do.  Then, send them back across the river when they are done......chris3