Author Topic: Free NRA membership!!  (Read 3801 times)

Gowen

• Metal smith
  • friend
    • Gemoriah.com
Free NRA membership!!
« on: March 25, 2009, 10:51:01 PM »
http://www.nrahq.org/nrabonus/

This is a free 1 year NRA membership.  My wife joined while I was at work, very proud of her!  This is a full membership with magazine.  Just scroll to the bottom and check the box with "I want to accept the offer of a one-year NRA membership."

PLEASE! No posts how you hate the NRA, you can start your own thread for that.  No thread pooping.
"That's my hat, I'm the leader!" Napoleon the Bloodhound

Gemoriah.com

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Re: Free NRA membership!!
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2009, 01:42:27 AM »
Checked it out.  Didn't they used to have a magazine geared toward the fairer sex.  I think they should offer that as an option, get more women members. 
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2009, 02:13:56 AM »
Nice. Been meaning to renew my membership.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Ryan in Maine

• friend
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2009, 03:42:47 AM »
'Preciate it.  =)

bk425

• Now's the time
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2009, 11:51:51 AM »
Checked it out.  Didn't they used to have a magazine geared toward the fairer sex.  I think they should offer that as an option, get more women members. 

Check out "Women and Guns" a really good gun magazine with a long history of solid reporting. It's done by http://www.saf.org

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2009, 11:57:39 AM »
Concealed Carry Magazine is pretty good too, I hear.

If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2009, 12:10:33 PM »

It is, I used to subscribe.  I stopped because there weren't enough articles interesting to me to justify continuing the subscription.

Chris

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2009, 12:10:53 PM »

This is a free 1 year NRA membership.  My wife joined while I was at work, very proud of her!  This is a full membership with magazine.  Just scroll to the bottom and check the box with "I want to accept the offer of a one-year NRA membership."

PLEASE! No posts how you hate the NRA, you can start your own thread for that.  No thread pooping.

Gah, I just re-up'd for three years.  Oh well.    =D
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2009, 12:11:52 PM »
What's the catch?

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2009, 12:27:27 PM »
What's the catch?

The NRA sends you a ton of crap.

Marnoot

• friend
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2009, 12:35:19 PM »

Most—if not all—of which you can opt-out of.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2009, 12:35:57 PM »

In the NRA's defense, keep in mind that the NRA-ILA which actualy does the LOBBYING has completely separate finances and fund-raising by law.

Just being a member only contributes to the HQ, the range, the museum, their various shooting and training programs etc. The only thing your membership contributes to legislation is the weight when the NRA goes to the politicians and says, "Hey, pass that bill and you've got 5 million and one voters P.O.'ed at you."

Only money given directly to the NRA-ILA does anything about Washington or your local statehouse. And that's part of the reason for all the mailings.

Just FYI.

And also, don't take the junk-mail personally. Direct mail is a science, send out X number of mailings, get Y replies back, make Z money. They wouldn't do it if it didn't work.
I promise not to duck.

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2009, 12:43:08 PM »
I don't take it personally. I just don't like it.

Werewolf

• friend
  • Lead, Follow or Get the HELL out of the WAY!
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2009, 12:45:51 PM »

Suspicious and wary old curmudgeon here who's been a member of the NRA for a long time:

Sorry but it looked like a phishing site to me so I went to the NRA site and couldn't find a reference to or a link to the site mentioned.

I'd like to sign up my oldest daughter and my son in law by my youngest daughter but not without knowing the site is real.

Where on the NRA site is the link to the free membership page?
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love
truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

Fight Me Online

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2009, 01:02:08 PM »
Easy to tell if it's real or not, go to the root domain (www.nrahq.org) and see if it takes you to a legit nra site.

I got this via google: http://www.google.com/search?q=nrahq.org&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

A lot of NRA stuff is actually hosted at nrahq. 

Chris

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2009, 01:43:26 PM »
I don't take it personally. I just don't like it.

800 NRA-member service number.
+
Phone call.
+
Request to be on the no-mail list.
=
No more stuff in the mail

Pretty easy, yes?

Brad
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 06:21:57 PM by Brad Johnson »
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2009, 05:41:35 PM »
Sounds like a good deal...I went ahead and joined up.....and I plan to send the $35 to ILA where it will do more good....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2009, 10:22:11 PM »
Sounds like a good deal...I went ahead and joined up.....and I plan to send the $35 to ILA where it will do more good....

I completely applaud sending money to ILA for lobbying, but please realize sending the money to ILA is not necessarily "where it will do more good."

It is likely to have a larger immediate impact, yes. Keep in mind that a lot of the training and education of the NRA is geared towards youth and women as well.

Our fight is not just for the present. If today's youth do not learn to appreciate our rights and the shooting sports, in the long run we lose no matter how much we spend on lobbying.

So please send that money to ILA. Remember the rest of the NRA as well, though.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2009, 12:33:12 AM »
I completely applaud sending money to ILA for lobbying, but please realize sending the money to ILA is not necessarily "where it will do more good."

It is likely to have a larger immediate impact, yes. Keep in mind that a lot of the training and education of the NRA is geared towards youth and women as well.

Our fight is not just for the present. If today's youth do not learn to appreciate our rights and the shooting sports, in the long run we lose no matter how much we spend on lobbying.

So please send that money to ILA. Remember the rest of the NRA as well, though.

I try to balance out my checks between the NRA-ILA, NRA, GOA, EFF and occasionally even the ACLU if they have participated in a good lawsuit recently. 

Just my take, but I want all ten amendments.  Not just the second.  EFF, in my humble opinion, is my favorite pro-liberty group.  They don't compromise, they don't pester me, they don't pick sides that are contrary to their interests, and their t-shirts are the best quality I've seen in years.   =D

Just so I don't sound like I'm picking on the NRA too much, I recommend everyone join up with SOME pro-2A group.  If you don't like the NRA's history of compromises, join GOA or JPFO.  If you think the GOA or JPFO are too wacky, join the NRA.  Strength in numbers, and numbers matter.  Firearm and ammo sales numbers are what are scaring Congress into being fans of the 2A.  If we put 1/10 of those sales numbers into a pro-2A membership, Congress would really start getting religion when it comes to the 2A on a regular basis. 
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Uncle Bubba

• friend
  • Billy Fish
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2009, 12:35:20 AM »

A good deal. A friend sent me the link a couple of hours before I saw this. I've sent it around to a few friends.

It's a strange world. Some people get rich and others eat *expletive deleted*it and die. Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Quote from: Fly320s
But, generally speaking, people are idiots outside their own personal sphere.

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2009, 02:07:35 AM »
Just joined it. And TSRA.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2009, 06:33:34 AM »

And I used to write for it! =D
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Gowen

• Metal smith
  • friend
    • Gemoriah.com
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2009, 11:12:44 PM »
I just signed up my assistant from work!  One more for the cause.
"That's my hat, I'm the leader!" Napoleon the Bloodhound

Gemoriah.com

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2009, 08:19:03 PM »
If you want to support getting youth involved in the shooting sports through programs such as Boy Scouts, FFA, and 4-H you need to support the NRA Foundation/Friends of the NRA. 

Totally non-profit and all the money is spent in grants to support different causes.  None of the money can be or is used for politics, lobbying or such.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2009, 08:24:43 PM »

I've actually noticed a decrease in the amount of NRA "junk" mail I get. I'm an endowment member, so don't get renewal notices. Maybe they're concentrating on initial and renewal notices since the election to beef up membership and cutting down on the other stuff. I'm just glad they stopped the unsolicited "free" tapes that they send you bills for if you don't box them up and mail them back. That was extremely annoying.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."