Author Topic: Crush the Zombies  (Read 1185 times)

SkunkApe

• friend
Crush the Zombies
« on: May 10, 2009, 09:54:49 AM »
Just found this:

http://www.abcarcade.com/fullscreen.php?id=1820

It's a sequel to this:

http://www.vivalagames.com/play/laststand/fullscreen.php

Edited to replace links with non-laggy full screen versions.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 06:49:35 PM by SkunkApe »

SkunkApe

• friend
Re: Crush the Zombies
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2009, 12:18:03 PM »
I got as far as Jonestown, then got devoured.

The Uzi is good. Shotgun, not so much. 

All the traps are cool. 

Shoot the legs out from under the fatty zombies while they're running.

The armed zombies can kill your friends if they get to the barricade.

Can't figure out how to work the chainsaw completely.  Seems like zombies are right at the barricade, but I can't reach all of them.

Cool game.

TMM

• friend
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2009, 07:43:17 PM »
I also got as far as Jonestown, but then my friends/survivors kept running away once the zombies started coming...

does anyone remember that other zombie game, the one with the preacher guy who takes a 1911 from a bible to shoot the zombies? that was a fun one...

TMM

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2009, 12:45:55 PM »
Beat it.
Survived 32 days and killed 729 zombies.

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2009, 01:28:37 PM »
I had the best luck with the revolver as primary and chainsaw as backup.

Timing your reloads is a very helpful skill in that game.  Once your character initiates a reload, he is stuck doing nothing until he is done, and can't even switch weapons until the reload is complete.  I would take aimed headshots with the revolver, but if there were any fast-movers incoming, I would be sure to switch over to the chainsaw leaving one round in the revolver.  If a fast-mover is coming for you and you shoot your last round, now you are stuck reloading the revolver before you can hit him with the chainsaw.  Once you clear the wall with the saw, switch back to the revolver and pop a shamblor in the head to initiate the reload.  If things get dull, switch over to the chainsaw and manually reload it just so you don't get caught with 5 fast-movers on the wall and an empty gas tank (and one round in your revolver).

I let my friends have all the "fun" guns.

The shotgun has a unique reloading mechanism, you can stop a reload in the middle and go back to shooting with whatever you have in the mag by clicking.

Can't figure out how to work the chainsaw completely.  Seems like zombies are right at the barricade, but I can't reach all of them.

Your can move your character around with the

w
asd

keys.

On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

SkunkApe

• friend
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2009, 09:29:59 PM »
Beat it.
Survived 32 days and killed 729 zombies.

This is ticking me off.  I still haven't beat it.  I usually run out of days.

The chainsaw's supposed to be good, but I can't get to the zombies because my survivors are in the way.

crt360

• friend
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2009, 01:21:26 AM »
Took a minute to figure out what I was doing, but I cruised through in 34 days and killed something like 976 zombies.  I used the .357, then went to the hunting rifle and gave everything else to the survivors.  It's a good thing I didn't need my backup, because I never could switch to it.
For entertainment purposes only.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2009, 08:42:39 AM »
This is ticking me off.  I still haven't beat it.  I usually run out of days.

The chainsaw's supposed to be good, but I can't get to the zombies because my survivors are in the way.
I only used the chainsaw early on.  It kills well very close, but lets too many zombies get right up to the wall.  I transitioned to the UMP and later to the Uzi for my primary later in the game.  I gave the other survivors the .357 and whatever automatic weapons I wasn't using ... they seem to do better with slow aimed fire than with laying down heavy auto fire.  The grenades worked pretty well so long as I had a couple of shooters on the wall, but when the wall came down the Uzi was the only thing that could keep up sufficient sustained fire to hold them off.

I didn't find the traps to be very useful.