Author Topic: If Anybody Ever Needed a Reason Not to Take PCP  (Read 1608 times)

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
If Anybody Ever Needed a Reason Not to Take PCP
« on: May 18, 2009, 09:11:32 PM »
http://www.bakersfield.com/news/local/x339729128/Bakersfield-dad-accused-of-biting-out-sons-eye

I don't know that there is a punishment great enough for something like this.  I'd like to think the dad would have enough humanity left that after he comes down he would be horrified and haunted for the rest of his days by what he has done but I doubt that is the case. 

In the mean time this kid's life is probably ruined.  What kind of F'd up life would you have if your answer to why you are blind and maimed is "My dad bit out my eye and ate it".  I hope he gets his vision back in his eye he still has.

BY STEVE E. SWENSON, Californian staff writer
sswenson@bakersfield.com | Friday, May 15 2009 10:27 AM

Last Updated Friday, May 15 2009 04:17 PM

HOW CAN CHILD ABUSE BE PREVENTED?

One of the best ways to help protect children is for the public to call CPS if they see potential abuse or neglect, CPS program director Brian Parnell said.

The agency sees 1,100 children a month, he said. Most remain with their parents while social workers work the case, he said.

There's a variety of programs to help parents, including some dealing with drug abuse, he said.

If someone suspects abuse or wants to help out with the care of children, he or she should call 631-2004. Parents who feel they need help for themselves can call the same number.

The names of callers who report abuse remain confidential, he said.

A Bakersfield father is accused of biting out one of the eyes of his small child and similarly mutilating the other eye, leaving the child blind.

After attacking the child, 34-year-old Angel Vidal Mendoza Sr. quickly left his apartment in a wheelchair, entered a backyard of a nearby vacant home and attacked his own legs with an ax, severely injuring himself, Bakersfield police reported.

The child, 4-year-old Angelo Mendoza Jr., later told police, "My daddy ate my eyes."

Doctors at Mercy Hospital said it is unknown whether the child will regain vision in his right eye.

Child Protective Services cannot discuss the case, CPS program director Brian Parnell said. But in cases of serious abuse, the child is taken into protective custody, he said.

Some foster homes have specialized medical training, but more such people are needed, he said.

The boy's mother, Desirae Marie Bermudez, 23, was not present during the incident. There is a $15,000 warrant for her arrest for failing to complete a drug treatment program in late 2008, court documents say.

A search warrant report said the father "was displaying symptoms of being under the influence of PCP."

Both he and Bermudez were charged with being under the influence of PCP in a 2006 criminal case. Both pleaded no contest to child endangerment charges in that case, records say.

So why was the boy still living with the father?

CPS officials say there has to pretty much be serious physical abuse -- major bruises or broken bones -- before a child is taken away from his parents automatically.

In cases where parents are using drugs, CPS will definitely check on the child, Parnell said. But they won't necessarily remove the child. That all depends on the extent of the drug abuse or the availability of other care -- relatives or neighbors -- for the children, he said.

The incident happened in the early evening of April 28 at the apartment the father and son share at 422 Ohio Drive near Terrace Way and Madison Street in southeast Bakersfield.

Police and search warrant reports say:

On the morning of April 28, Mendoza asked neighbor Elizabeth Rodriguez, 36, for a ride to a work-related appointment later in the day.

At 6 p.m., she sent her 12-year-old son to get Mendoza. The boy said Mendoza opened his door slightly and looked nervous, but didn't let him in. Mendoza said he would be right out.

But a few minutes later, Rodriguez saw Mendoza rolling his wheelchair quickly away.

The 12-year-old boy and another neighbor went to Mendoza's apartment and discovered the child on the floor.

Meanwhile, witnesses told police a man was yelling and screaming in a wheelchair from the backyard and hitting his legs with an ax.

Mendoza, who remains in custody in lieu of $1 million bail, is charged with mayhem, torture, child cruelty and inflicting an injury to a child.

He's scheduled for a May 20 hearing.

His criminal history dates back to 1998 and includes convictions for drugs, battery, check forgery and a misdemeanor child endangerment.

Standing Wolf

• friend
Re: If Anybody Ever Needed a Reason Not to Take PCP
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 09:46:52 PM »
His criminal history dates back to 1998 and includes convictions for drugs, battery, check forgery and a misdemeanor child endangerment.

Just another poor, pitiful, helpless victim of racism, I'm sure.
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2009, 10:23:01 PM »
Sorry, couldn't read past, "My dad bit out my eye and ate it".
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Antibubba

• friend
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2009, 12:01:28 AM »
Given the drug histories of both parents, that kid was probably damaged at conception.  Not that it excuses any of this.
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2009, 04:29:16 AM »
...words fail me.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2009, 04:55:25 AM »
They don't fail me, but I can't use any of the ones that come to mind here... :mad:
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2009, 10:46:21 AM »
Sorry, couldn't read past, "My dad bit out my eye and ate it".

Same here. Does make me long for far more frequent use of the death penalty, though.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2009, 11:01:30 AM »
BY STEVE E. SWENSON, Californian staff writer

After attacking the child, 34-year-old Angel Vidal Mendoza Sr. quickly left his apartment in a wheelchair

Desirae Marie Bermudez, 23,

Couple of questions:

1.  Immigration status?  Or lack thereof?  I'm sure this will be glossed over since this happened in California.  I'm so glad taxpayers get to pay for state CPS to investigate the crimes of illegal aliens.  And then support this poor mutilated kid for the rest of his life, citizen or not.

2.  What the heck is a 34 year old man in a wheelchair doing with a 23 year old woman?  And a 4 year old kid?  He must have schtooped her and knocked her up at 18, which begs the question of how old she was when he started schtooping her.  Are we past that statute of limitations there?  Of course, it's entirely possible that the happy and healthy couple were not in California at the time, but rather a few hundred miles further south...
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

tokugawa

• friend
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2009, 12:21:09 PM »
We need about 1/4 the prison space we are using. 1/4 of the prisoners should be released. 1/2 should be shot. The last 1/4 can stay there . This would make room for child eye eater incarceration till his trial and subsequent execution.

Stand_watie

• friend
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2009, 12:42:39 PM »
We need about 1/4 the prison space we are using. 1/4 of the prisoners should be released. 1/2 should be shot. The last 1/4 can stay there . This would make room for child eye eater incarceration till his trial and subsequent execution.

I'd say it's more like 1/2, 1/4, 1/4. Half of the first half probably need a good horsewhipping before being released.
Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am

"You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers"

"Never again"

"Malone Labe"

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2009, 12:43:53 PM »
Flogging is not cruel or unusual. Effective though.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.