Author Topic: Random Thoughts  (Read 808 times)

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Random Thoughts
« on: June 02, 2009, 03:40:18 PM »
(Yes, I am BLATANTLY ripping off Thomas Sowell's recurring column. I prefer to think of it as homage rather than theft, though).

In response to the objections about Sonia Sotomayor, we now hear the left decrying the "liberal" use of the term racist.

More ironically, isn't it odd how those who want everyone to be treated equally are now called racists while those who want to treat people differently because of their race, sex, or language are considered enlightened?

Why is it that the Attorney General of the United States, who claims we are a nation of cowards because we won't have a true dialogue on race, is now presiding over the Justice Department that just dropped charges against criminals who engaged in racial voter intimidation?

I'm just struck by how quickly the civil rights stuggle has been turned on its head.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 03:50:32 PM »
It makes sense if you think of it as less a classically liberal enterprise and more a Stalinist enterprise.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Antibubba

• friend
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 12:38:37 AM »
Your problem is that you are struggling with the logic of it, but those who are spewing it out do so because of how it feels.

Apples and horseflies.
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.