Author Topic: Sargent York photos  (Read 657 times)

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Sargent York photos
« on: August 20, 2009, 09:20:17 PM »
http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/gallery?Avis=DN&Dato=20080910&Kategori=NEWS01&Lopenr=809100813&Ref=PH

Photos from Sargent York's life.

I particularly like photo #7.

I also enjoy the look over his life. The last photo is very touching.

I'm also amazed at how close to reality the movie was for his hometown.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

coppertales

• friend
Re: Sargent York photos
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2009, 11:48:36 AM »
Nice, thanks for sharing...........................chris3

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2009, 11:57:36 AM »
Yeah, that was cool - thanks. I have to say I have never seen the real Sgt York until now and always pictured him via the film. Kinda cool to see that a larger than life hero was a Regular Joe that mostly did Regular Joe stuff.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2009, 01:15:51 PM »
Sargent York?  Well, that settles it; he was from Tennessee. =D  Pfffft, fancy book lirnin.

Sergeant York?  He looks nothing like the Gary Cooper. =D

I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2009, 01:49:36 PM »
One of my favorite movies.
Thanks for the link.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams