Author Topic: RIP My poor microwave  (Read 1346 times)

RaspberrySurprise

• friend
  • Yub yub Commander
RIP My poor microwave
« on: September 05, 2009, 01:12:09 AM »
The electronics gods have not been kind with my sad little microwave this week. First the glass tray inside breaks into three pieces while I was popping popcorn. Now the area around the magnetron is making popping noises with accompanying sparks. It think it's days helping me warm up delicious food are done. Not bad for something made in 1990.
Look, tiny text!

eyebrows

• friend
Re: RIP My poor microwave
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2009, 12:16:56 PM »
Extension cord, grapes, a shot glass, and a knife. Thats all you need to entertain yourself and finish off that pesky microwave.

Antibubba

• friend
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2009, 06:27:14 PM »
Huh?
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2009, 06:34:12 PM »
Extension cord, grapes, a shot glass, and a knife. Thats all you need to entertain yourself and finish off that pesky microwave.

Doesn't it turn out better if the extension cord is frayed?

stay safe.

skidmark
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

eyebrows

• friend
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2009, 06:37:19 PM »
Basically take the microwave out in the yard(*extension cord), slice the grape in half(*knife), set it on the upside down shotglass inside the microwave, then microwave it for awhile and see what happens  =D

google "grape plasma"

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2009, 09:38:28 PM »
Once you are done with it there should be some pretty good magnets inside.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Chrissy

• MySpace page
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2009, 10:41:49 PM »
I've had my microwave since 1985 and it's still going.  I can't believe it.

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2009, 11:00:46 PM »
My ancient Amana RadarRange is still chugging along, circa 1982.  Now stainless is making a comeback in kitchen decor, so I'm cool with that.   =D
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2009, 11:33:47 PM »
My parents' microwave made it to 20 years old until it had to be replaced a couple of years ago.  That microwave was almost old enough to buy alcohol.  :O

They have a refrigerator that was made sometime back in the 1950's that's still chugging along as well.  They're going to donate it to a local museum after they retire and move.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2009, 11:58:34 PM »
My late uncle lived out in the country and had several microwaves "killed" by lightening strikes. 6 to be precise, I know this because they are all stacked up in a back corner of the barn.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

RaspberrySurprise

• friend
  • Yub yub Commander
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2009, 12:01:11 AM »
It's not dead yet but if you don't have something to absorb ALL the microwaves the magnetron sparks and pops and makes a noise rather like a jacob's ladder. Container of water ok. Peanut butter or popcorn, sparking starts after a minute or two, empty, instant sparks. I wonder whats causing this?
Look, tiny text!

Chrissy

• MySpace page
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2009, 06:57:51 AM »
I've had mine a long time, but I also wonder if it's safe.  I basically got it when microwaves were the newest thing and I'm hoping it's still sealed good.