Author Topic: Man released from Guantanamo arrested AGAIN (I'm not surprised)  (Read 917 times)

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
Man released from Guantanamo arrested AGAIN (I'm not surprised)
« on: September 10, 2009, 05:10:42 PM »
A Swedish citizen, Mehdi Ghezali, who was arrested in in the border area between Afghanistan and Pakistan back in 2001, spent 930 days in Guantanamo before being released has been arrested again in Pakistan, after trying to sneak through a check point, something that aroused understandable suspicion from the guards, who searched through their bags and found evidence indicating involvement in terrorism.

Poor little thing. Obviously in the wrong place at the wrong time. Again :rolleyes:. Apparently this "wrong place at wrone time" has happened to him on several occasions. Poor little thing got arrested and spent a year in prison in Portugal for bank robbery, and in his hometown a slot machine just happened to break and start spitting out money when he accidentally stumbled into it :rolleyes:.

Glad to see my tax money being put to use after we flew him home in a chartered plane from Cuba :rolleyes:. And woe be upon us who promised to keep an eye on him :police:. I wonder what the persons in the previous government who are responsible for him being brought home has to say about this :rolleyes:.

Words can not properly express my disgust about how this has been handled :mad:.

Edit: found link in English, doesn't mention any names though: http://www.nation.com.pk/pakistan-news-newspaper-daily-english-online/Politics/29-Aug-2009/12-AlQaeda-terrorists-arrested

All the other links I have at the moment are in Swedish only. I'll update when I find more.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 05:24:50 PM by The Viking »
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Bigjake

• friend
Re: Man released from Guantanamo arrested AGAIN (I'm not surprised)
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2009, 05:31:35 PM »
Strike 2.

Get a rope

Viking

• friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2009, 05:34:17 PM »
Strike 2.

Get a rope
Good enough for me. To be honest though, I wouldn't be surprised if all the various scumbags in this country aren't already pestering the answering machines in the Parliament and Rosenbad to get him home again :rolleyes:.

Ha! Now that I think about it a bit more, I'm quite sure he won't ever leave Pakistan again. In fact, I think his expected life span just got significantly shorter. During his first arrest, he participated in a prisoner uprising, during which 17 people were killed. The prisoners escaped, but got captured by the people of a village who wanted to kill the lot of them. They released him and the others to the US in exchange of a large sum of money. Somehow I don't think he'll be quite as lucky this time around =D.
According to Wiki hanging is the most common method of execution there. Bye bye Mehdi boy... :cool:.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 05:56:59 PM by The Viking »
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

RaspberrySurprise

• friend
  • Yub yub Commander
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2009, 08:08:55 PM »
Honestly how hard is it to sneak across the border there that someone would be dumb enough to do it at a checkpoint?
Look, tiny text!

Viking

• friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2009, 06:27:51 AM »
Honestly how hard is it to sneak across the border there that someone would be dumb enough to do it at a checkpoint?
I think it might've been a provincial border they were trying to sneak past. Some areas of Pakistan (like the North West Frontier Provinces) are restricted to foreigners from what I've understood, mainly because of their main export (firearms of all kinds).
Anyhow, another link in English: http://www.thelocal.se/22014/20090911/

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2009, 07:25:50 AM »
Some areas of Pakistan (like the North West Frontier Provinces) are restricted to foreigners from what I've understood, mainly because of their main export (firearms of all kinds).

What a wonderful country.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner