Author Topic: 'Tis the Season!  (Read 1511 times)

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
'Tis the Season!
« on: December 20, 2005, 10:45:58 AM »
Coming back from bidness at the county jug I park in a parking garage and walk down an alley, duck in a coffee shoppe.  Come out with steaming hot tea in my hand on a bitterly cold day as Christmas music played on speakers downtown, I saw a pitiful sight--two grown women of a certain maturity yelling and screaming at each other over a parking space outside my office as an LPD officer stood there and had to take it all.Cheesy  The look on the kid's (he was 23 if he was a day) face was priceless:  what do I do now?Cheesy

The bitter cold, the muzak, the high pitch screaming, oh, man, you couldn't pay me enough to be a cop.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year's, coppers!:D
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

'Tis the Season!
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2005, 11:56:46 AM »
Deputy Sheriff doing Security set his coffee on a ledge to assist opening doors for a lady with a cane. Coffee fell off.
I walk to the Coffee Getting Place, Get a Big Cup of Coffee, and Huge Piece of fresh baked Cranberry and Almond Bread. I give to  the seasoned Deputy  

"You do something wrong Steve or about to?"

"No...not yet anyway, just noticed your coffee spilled is all."

"Well thanks Steve, and if you do manage to shoot a Reindeer, don't call me unless you don't get caught and have backstraps"

"Deal".

Kinda of a private joke about me and this time of year....

Tongue

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
'Tis the Season!
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2005, 12:18:32 PM »
Why does everyone want backstraps?  Belly Loins are so much better. These I do not share with anyone.

Charby
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

garrettwc

• friend
  • Tell me what I want to know and the pain will stop
'Tis the Season!
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2005, 12:26:23 PM »
The look on the kid's (he was 23 if he was a day) face was priceless:  what do I do now?
That is I believe, what they call a 'field training opportunity' Cheesy

Old sarge rolls up, gets out of car coffee in hand.
"What's going on rookie?"
"Traffic dispute,sir"
Sarge rolls eyes. Loudly into radio "I need ONE tow truck to this location"
rookie - "why only one?"
rookie and both ladies now looking at him.
"I only need to tow the car of the person you arrest"
Ladies - "Which one of us are you arresting?!"
Sarge with a grin "Whichever one of you is dumb enough to still be standing here when I finish this coffee."

...has left the building.

'Tis the Season!
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2005, 12:41:10 PM »
People get CRAZY during Christmastime! For example:

I trumped another Christmas shopper's obviliousness with even MORE obviliousness: I'm walking down the CD aisle at Best Buy to buy the newest Avenged Sevenfold album when two fat people come lumbering down the aisle as well. They were standing side by side, taking up the entire aisle. I had to get to the other end of the racks so I just kept walking and "accidentally" met the guy's shoulder with mine. It was a pretty hard knock but I feigned extreme obviliousness and kept walking. I could feel his irritation on my back as I kept on my merry way. Was the guy really expecting me to climb onto the racks to let him through?

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
'Tis the Season!
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2005, 01:04:20 PM »
Quote from: Daniel Flory
People get CRAZY during Christmastime! For example:

I trumped another Christmas shopper's obviliousness with even MORE obviliousness: I'm walking down the CD aisle at Best Buy to buy the newest Avenged Sevenfold album when two fat people come lumbering down the aisle as well. They were standing side by side, taking up the entire aisle. I had to get to the other end of the racks so I just kept walking and "accidentally" met the guy's shoulder with mine. It was a pretty hard knock but I feigned extreme obviliousness and kept walking. I could feel his irritation on my back as I kept on my merry way. Was the guy really expecting me to climb onto the racks to let him through?
Its not just Christmas time! I see the me, myself and I attitude all the time. Kind of a neo yuppie attitude or something for common "wealth" people.

Seems to be higher in locations where there are more left thinking people too. Not trying to make a joke, but what I have observed.

Uranus is a gas giant.

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
'Tis the Season!
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2005, 01:18:53 PM »
Hmmm, charby, that's probably more likely than not.  How many times have you been honked off by a fellow gun nut at the gun show?

And if someone does make you mad it is usually ignorance not self-absorbtion (i.e. waving gun about).

garrett, given the vehicles involved (newish SUV and an Audi) and the mildly dented sheet metal, you would think that insurance would more than cover any bill.  Not worth screaming about.  The things people want to get mad about I just don't understand.Cheesy
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

'Tis the Season!
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2005, 01:19:35 PM »
Well this is not my time of year.
Some Classmates seem to have the right idea...they made up some buttons to wear.

Single Mom: "Back off!  My kid can destroy your toy aisle in 3 sec."

Married ; "Give the Gift That Keeps on Bitchin'- Anyone want a MIL for free?"

Single Mom: "Locking your kids in the trunk allows getting in /out of store faster. "

The single folks:

"Save money - break up now - get back together after New Years"

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
'Tis the Season!
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2005, 01:32:44 PM »
Exactly El T

Another thing that pisses me off are the folks that just have to cut you off to turn the next corner and there isn't a car behind you for blocks.

Also I drive a 4 lane hwy with at grade intersections to work everyday, about 13 miles of it. I drive the speed limit if the weather is good, less when its icy. I am getting tired of being the only car for a 1/2 mile in either direction and some yahoo feels the need to pull out right in front me from a stop sign, especially since I have seen them there for at least 10-15 seconds as I get closer.

We can get into snowmobiles and the same road, but all that will do is get my blood pressure up, all I know when the snow is gone I have a celebratory drink that I didn't kill one on my way back and forth on the Hwy. I'm driving between 60-65 mph on dry pavement and these damn idiots just come up out of the ditch, cross both lanes of traffic right in front of cars to get to the other ditch. Same thing in town before the roads are plowed completely.

Charby

Uranus is a gas giant.

...has left the building.

'Tis the Season!
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2005, 02:08:38 PM »
charby- I've seen all kinds of people in their own world, Mike Straka from Foxnews calls them "Oblivions". I've met many courteous people from all walks of life. I deal with wealthy people all the time and I have noticed it either breeds courtesy or narcissism, but not too much in between.