Author Topic: NY congressional race - the 'perfect storm'  (Read 6082 times)

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
Re: NY congressional race - the 'perfect storm'
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2009, 08:25:30 PM »
In my e-mail today from the DCCC

Ya know, I read that e-mail, and I smell a bit of fear there.  Like 200 proof, unadulterated fear.  Not that any of those *eeeeeevil* things might happen, such as "dismantling social security"....  But that a third party candidate, a very conservative third party candidate, may beat out one of the establishment elite.  They're terrified at the thought that one of the unwashed might actually WIN.
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2009, 09:26:02 PM »
Hey what a shocker -- she's now endorsing Owens.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/11/01/scozzafava-endorses-democrat-dropping-ny-congressional-race/

Wonder if this will motivate the GOP to cull the RINO herd?.....

......probably not....time to flush both parties....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2009, 09:51:58 PM »
Even assuming you can ans should dump the Republican Party, what makes you think you could do anything at all to the Democrats?  What makes you think the Democrats will do anything except laugh all the way to the bank (or, rather, all the way to Washington)?

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2009, 11:25:37 PM »
I am reminded of Bibi again.

Faced with this sort of media whining, he addressed a hall full of his supporters once, and said: "And do you know why the media, and the leftists, say these things? Because they afraid of us!" At the time, he whipped the Likud up into a frenzy and thousands of people turned up to vote because they saw him on TV and smelled delicious, delicious fear o the other side of the aisle.

This is occurring here, I think.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2009, 04:25:28 PM »
Any bets on how long tomorrows elections will be tied up in court challenges on allegations of fraud if the Democrats loose?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2009, 04:31:36 PM »
Any bets on how long tomorrows elections will be tied up in court challenges on allegations of fraud if the Democrats loose?

Only election that will be tied up in the courts MIGHT be New Jersey.

That's the only one fraud may be able to sway. If Corzine loses, the Democrats will sue because their fraud didn't win and claim that the Republicans were committing fraud.

The other elections will be landslides. You can't claim fraud when you lose by 10%+. (That is, at least in the United States.)
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2009, 05:50:29 PM »
^^^
I used to think that way too.
Oh well, we will know tomorrow evening.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2009, 06:16:50 PM »
I learned a new word today:
"Margin of Fraud"

As in:
"We expect the Republican to win as his poll numbers indicate he is above the margin of fraud."
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2009, 06:20:17 PM »
I learned a new word today:
"Margin of Fraud"

As in:
"We expect the Republican to win as his poll numbers indicate he is above the margin of fraud."

Win.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2009, 06:28:38 PM »
Sad.  Life in Banana Republic America. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2009, 07:13:59 PM »
Sad.  Life in Banana ACORN Republic America. 

Fixed it for you.

Samuel Adams

grampster

• friend
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2009, 07:24:12 PM »
Simplistic Dream:  I'd like to see a mandate of some type renaming both parties.  Dems to be called the Liberal Party and the R's the Conservative Party.  Each party to declare platform articles that define their direction that have at least 10 planks as to their vision for America and let the floodgates open.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw